Cole Beasley is a now a rapper?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Showing much more than age actually

LOL. And here I thought people just had different opinions on music and what they like.

Here's my opinion - Rap sucks. It's garbage fake music that requires little if any talent. I cringed when I listened to Beasley's "song", if that's what you call it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL @ anybody concerned about this though. I'll care about it when the league has rules against it. Otherwise, do what you wish.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think generalizing an entire musical genre as “crap” potentially shows close-mindedness and lack of knowledge about the genre, but not necessarily age.

Or that person just doesn't like that genre. It sucks to them. Which is me with rap. I'd rather listen to a Roseanne Barr sex tape.

Country music sucks too. Absolute garbage, IMO, but at least it requires some talent, unlike rap. You actually have musicians there as opposed to samplers.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
LOL. And here I thought people just had different opinions on music and what they like.

Here's my opinion - Rap sucks. It's garbage fake music that requires little if any talent. I cringed when I listened to Beasley's "song", if that's what you call it.

Love's gonna get you killed
But prides gonna be the death of you and me

It wasn't all to share, but there
In another life, I surely was there

Now, in a perfect world, I probably won't be insensitive
Cold as December, but never remember what winter did
I wouldn't blame you for mistakes I made or the bed I laid
Seems like I point the finger just to make a point, nowadays
Smiles and cold stares, the temperature goes there
Indigenous disposition, feel like we belong here
I know the walls, they can listen, I wish they could talk back
The hurt becomes repetition, the love almost lost that
Sick venom in men and women overcome with pride
A perfect world is never perfect, only filled with lies

“Pride”, one of my new favorite Kendrick Lamar songs. An artist that many consider is one of the most intelligent songwriters in mainstream music. And he’s a rapper.

Do you think it take any talent to write a song like that, RS?

The Natural

Reaction score

quick unrelated but related question: do you have any rhythm?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love's gonna get you killed
But prides gonna be the death of you and me

It wasn't all to share, but there
In another life, I surely was there

Now, in a perfect world, I probably won't be insensitive
Cold as December, but never remember what winter did
I wouldn't blame you for mistakes I made or the bed I laid
Seems like I point the finger just to make a point, nowadays
Smiles and cold stares, the temperature goes there
Indigenous disposition, feel like we belong here
I know the walls, they can listen, I wish they could talk back
The hurt becomes repetition, the love almost lost that
Sick venom in men and women overcome with pride
A perfect world is never perfect, only filled with lies

“Pride”, one of my new favorite Kendrick Lamar songs. An artist that many consider is one of the most intelligent songwriters in mainstream music. And he’s a rapper.

Do you think it take any talent to write a song like that, RS?

Oh, that's so deep.

I think I could write that half asleep while distracted. Yes.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think generalizing an entire musical genre as “crap” potentially shows close-mindedness and lack of knowledge about the genre, but not necessarily age.
There’s some Hip Hop that has a good beat to it. I get it. I love soulful music growing up with Motown, funk and soul.

I was referring to the rap crap last night at halftime of the champ game. There was no music , beat or musical instruments . Worse rap I’ve ever heard. Just awful

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I don't like a lot of rap, but there is some rap that is off the charts, like Wu Tang Clan's Enter the Wu-Tang 36 Chambers album. Beastie Boy's Licensed to ill album is also a classic.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Black eye Pea is ok. It helps if you have someone like Fergie shakin it up.

I like the Rap guys on We are the World Haiti. Very good voices and beat.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Oh, that's so deep.

I think I could write that half asleep while distracted. Yes.

Interesting. His entire new album seems, to me, to be a concept album about him dying, and what his final thoughts and regrets would be. Throughout the album, he occasionally hints that despite his recent success, he feels more and more empty, despite his possessions and acclaim. The album as a whole breaks down the curse of disobedience.

In the aforementioned song “Pride”, Kendrick is telling us that “a perfect” world, or at least, the one he desires, however appealing it may seem, can never truly exist, because the pride in man would never permit it.

With the religious overtone concurrent throughout the album, it makes sense for Kendrick to reference notions from the Seven Deadly Soms, where “Pride” is one of the 7 Christian Capital Vices.

Now, that’s my favorite song on the album, but it’s not the most popular or critically acclaimed.

Throughout the album, Kendrick will occasionally, quietly, say the phrase “nobody’s praying for me”, again, showing him questioning why he’s going through such suffering despite the fact that he feels as if he’s putting forth effort to be a good person.

Damn is an album rooted in religion, specifically the book of Deuteronomy, and trying to break the curse of damnation. "Curse" is one of the most recurring words on the album and the key to unlocking the overall concept.

“Loyalty,” “Pride,” “DNA,” Humble,” “Love” and “Fear” are all track titles and themes explored throughout the project. This section defines his approach to each―”DNA” questions if his genetic makeup as a cursed Israelite will keep him out the house of God. There’s nothing humble about “Humble”, hence the fear that he has lost his sense of modesty. He's crying for loyalty on "Loyalty”, but on “Pride”, he's frank about not trusting people enough to put his faith in them. Kendrick raps about the “perfect world” on “Pride”, and it's worth noting how pride is the original sin that got Adam and Eve banished from the Garden of Eden. Collectively, Damn focuses on Kendrick’s fears that could lead him to damnation. By acknowledging them, he hopes to overcome them, and as he’d say in the song “How Much a Dollar Cost” on his previous album, he hopes In the end “Jesus, the son of Jehovah, the highest power” forgives him in the end as he tries his hardest. But then again, there’s so much to explore in this album that a new concept can be discovered each listen. That’s just a rough idea of what I believe it’s about.

Now, since you can write a song like that easily, I hope to see of a cool rap soon. Maybe something about Carson Wentz. I’m looking forward to it.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I'm far from a rap aficionado by any means, but Cole Beasley sounded better at rapping than many previous athletes that ventured down that avenue.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Lyrics: "I’m bossed out but Sunday, Jerry’s boss now when I ball out, I’m a dog when Dak get the ball out."

Does anyone interpret this as criticism of Dak Prescott?

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Anyone remember this musical gem?
bTCTx7u.jpg

lol

StarMan2112

Reaction score

Could not agree more. Rap is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.