Cole Beasley. wrong to let him go?

Proof

Reaction score
Read the whole thread, then ask what I’m talking about..

And to clarify:

1. Cobb was the slot receiver and had less targets than both Gallup and Cooper.

2. In 2016, Beasley had more targets than any of our WRs.

Oh I read it, I’m just responding to the latest with my thoughts. I’m aware Cobb was the slot last year, but Gallup was clearly the number 2 and had a better year than cole has ever had on his career.

Ceedee was the effective number 2 this yr, and obviously Dak played only 4.5 games. So it’s a weird comparison when there’s already a perfectly clear one available from last year.

and of course the fact that this incredible yr Cole is having is practically identical to his 2016.

it’s just a silly conversation

khiladi

Reaction score
Oh I read it, I’m just responding to the latest with my thoughts. I’m aware Cobb was the slot last year, but Gallup was clearly the number 2 and had a better year than cole has ever had on his career.

Ceedee was the effective number 2 this yr, and obviously Dak played only 4.5 games. So it’s a weird comparison when there’s already a perfectly clear one available from last year.

and of course the fact that this incredible yr Cole is having is practically identical to his 2016.

it’s just a silly conversation

No, the conversation is Dak-stans were saying Cole sucked here when all was said and done and now he’s better in Buffalo because of coaching unlike here, because he’s not sucking.

But of course, 2016 wasn’t coaching, it was all Dak, though 2017 revealed It clearly was coaching because defenses simply focused on him and 2017 was awful for Dak.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This is your second post in this whole thread right after you asked me if Beasley caught more receptions than Gallup and I provided the data to substantiate what I said was true, while clearly acknowledging they were two different types of WRs:

Like I said, stop being disingenuous. You said Beasley got better in Buffalo and the reason is coaching.
So what. And you disagree. That's fine/

Proof

Reaction score
No, the conversation is Dak-stans were saying Cole sucked here when all was said and done and now he’s better in Buffalo because of coaching unlike here, because he’s not sucking.

But of course, 2016 wasn’t coaching, it was all Dak, though 2017 revealed It clearly was coaching because defenses simply focused on him and 2017 was awful for Dak.

yes that’s an equally silly argument.

Flamma

Reaction score
I know we have discussed him and his behavior before he moved on.

But he has had a very good year with 967 yards and made Allen a top level QB in 2020 helping get them into the playoffs.

Allen has certainly liked him as a Go To Guy..

So my question is did we make a mistake in trading for Cooper and us giving Cooper the money. Add to that also having to pay the big price tag to Cooper when we resigned him and trading a #1 pick to acquire him.

I liked Beasley and thought he was a stealthy weapon who made big plays when he was with us. His play in Buffalo has been impressive with Allen.

And when you factor in drafting CeeDee this year it has forced us to invest another #1 pick in him to fix Cobbs departure in 2019.

Quite a domino effect leaving me thinking we should have re-signed him thus needing not to reinvest a #1 pick in CeeDee to repair the damage at slot.

So 2 1st Rd picks in 2018 and again in 2019 that maybe should have been used on defense might have left us way better off.

But then again in the old Garrett regime, no matter what we did under Marrinelli and his limitations with Richard we could not draft defense at all (ie Trystan Hill and Taco Charlton high pick failures.)

So my point is as insistent as we all are in supporting our positions on player decisions we have made decisions that left us looking a little lacking.

Can we avoid that going forward with McCarthy?

I certainly hope so because we can not keep replacing missed players with trades and #1 picks.

And we can not win with guys like Dalton Smith and Gerald McCoy and Ha Ha Clinton Dix who are past their prime bodies to patch the mistakes.

Thoughts?

Dallas has Cooper, Gallup, and Lamb, why should I worry about Beasley? I don't give him a second thought.

I was really pissed Dallas didn't draft DK Metcalf when he fell to us. Talk about a gift in a year we didn't have a first round pick. But since we drafted Lamb, I don't worry about that anymore either.

Havic

Reaction score
Cobb did just fine being his replacement. I like Beasley, but he wanted too much and the Bills were bad at the time and had cap space to sign him

SackMaster

Reaction score
Note to self:

To be a TRUE fan, hate the players that are on the team you root for, while always thinking players on other teams are flat out better than their counter part on "your team".

And to think, I root for players on the team I like. How stupid of me.
:muttley:

P.S. </sarcasm>

cern

Reaction score
Beasley is having a ridiculous year. He has 82 receptions and 967 yards, with 4 TDs at 11.8 yards per catch.

Gallup has 59 receptions, 5 TDs at 14.3 yards per threat. Gallup basically runs a lot of deep routes. Gallup was leading the league at 71 go routes three months ago.

Beasley is a much more diverse WR. Completely different..

One telling indicator is how much more impactful Beasley is on grass. Gallup is a big play guy, but on grass he has 7 receptions for 61 yards. I think they played a total of three games. That’s an 8.7 average for a big play guy. Gallup is 52 receptions at 782 yards at around 15 YPC. Gallup is basically getting his on faster turfs.

Beasley on the other hand is 506 yards at 42 receptions at 12 YPC. Obviously, the Bills play on grass at home, but his YPC is just as good at home.

https://insidethestar.com/michael-gallup-has-been-one-of-the-nfls-best-deep-threats-in-2020/
You can't average results with just one year of comparison. Ergo, any comparisons of Beasley and Gallup need to be done over the last two years. In any case, i'll take Gallup..

kevm3

Reaction score
We have a more than suitable replacement in Lamb. It was better for Beasley in terms of career though so he doesn't waste it in the Dallas circus.

cern

Reaction score
Forget coaching. Forget scheme. Put aside all biases and agenda. Gallup is simply a more impactful wr than beasley.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wide receiver is the least of our problems. :facepalm:

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
No, accelerated salary at this point and better in the building. Plus, its just me so no offense. I don't care for Rap.

SackMaster

Reaction score
"Beasley plays better on grass"

*Goes check what AT&T Stadium has*

Whew. I'm sure glad we have the WR that plays better on turf since, AT MINIMUM, 1/2 the games the Cowboys play each year will be at home ... ON TURF.
:laugh:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Note to self:

To be a TRUE fan, hate the players that are on the team you root for, while always thinking players on other teams are flat out better than their counter part on "your team".

And to think, I root for players on the team I like. How stupid of me.
:muttley:

P.S. </sarcasm>
Pretty funny.

But sadly..too true.

I posted this as a cautionary tale.

Beasley was a fan fav player who was homegrown in Dallas.

The cost of letting him get unhappy and the team doing nothing to retain him proved costly.

It added to our cap with having to pursue Cooper which cost us a #1 pick to re-invigorate the passing troops..

And it ends up signing and then letting Cobb leave.

Then it forced us to re-invest in CeeDee with a #1 pic in 2020.

Obviously the team understands the symbiotic importance of the slot receiver and Dak.

There is a similar relationship that exists between the QB and TE in our offense that remains unsettled to me.

That is another thread so I will save that discussion.

But Schultz..while having improved over his rookie year..scares and threatens nobody. He needs to be upgraded as well.

But I am just pointing out with Beasley that he was a wasted move for us and cost us letting him go.

We have to stop hemmoraging with decisions like that going forward.

It just sets us back.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I think it may be reversed: Allen helped Beasley reach his potential because he gets the ball out, makes quick decisions, and is accurate.
Yes.

Quickly getting the ball out to Beasley is his strength.

Moore needs to re-establish that in out offense in 2021. Holding the ball to deeper receivers just forces the OL to hold their blocks longer which results in sacks and stopped drives.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Pretty funny.

But sadly..too true.

I posted this as a cautionary tale.

Beasley was a fan fav player who was homegrown in Dallas.

The cost of letting him get unhappy and the team doing nothing to retain him proved costly.

It added to our cap with having to pursue Cooper which cost us a #1 pick to re-invigorate the passing troops..

And it ends up signing and then letting Cobb leave.

Then it forced us to re-invest in CeeDee with a #1 pic in 2020.

Obviously the team understands the symbiotic importance of the slot receiver and Dak.

There is a similar relationship that exists between the QB and TE in our offense that remains unsettled to me.

That is another thread so I will save that discussion.

But Schultz..while having improved over his rookie year..scares and threatens nobody. He needs to be upgraded as well.

But I am just pointing out with Beasley that he was a wasted move for us and cost us letting him go.

We have to stop hemmoraging with decisions like that going forward.

It just sets us back.
well add cobb was better or as good then Gallup and Ceedee are better and on rookie contracts and AC is true #1 we havent

whats the point the Dc made the correct decsions.. why did the bills have to go after Diggs like we went after AC, if Cb is so good??

hes #2 barely...basically a slot 3 so fan fave IDC its been two years let it go..

unit was the correct move..that is all..