Colin Cowherd Calls Out NFL Tweeter By Name

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you are tweeting from the NFL's official twitter account, you have a huge responsibility to be professional. It it was from hie personal account, it would be different.

The primary issue is that it shows people in the NFL office are biased.

You stole my answer!

:angry:

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
This is about professionalism, nothing else. The guy was the unofficial spokesman for the NFL on social media. If you don't think that was unprofessional, your are nuts. It's not a big deal and he shouldn't be fired but it should never happen in the first place.

We have hit the posturing phase.

The outrage should not be because it was against a Tony. The same NFL social area trolled Brady. It is unprofessional and dumb. This is similar to a company laying a person off or not giving them a raise or turning them down for a loan then posting a tweet of the that person at a company function "waiving" as to mock them saying "ha ha." The moron who did should be known. He wanted to interject his view into the story. It wasnnt the NFL's official view, hence why it was taken down.

He wanted the credit and he got it.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
It's not that at all.

They shut down Tony's event very abruptly. He then complained about it on a radio show and the NFL's official response was a mocking Tweet telling him to take his complaints and shove them.

If you can't see that as completely inappropriate because you don't understand technology, don't try to insult those that get it.

well said

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
freedom of speech has nothing to do with this. That is a right you have pertaining to government action, not private sector relationships.

You don't have freedom of speech while working for someone else...unless you are employed by government

Even then it's a limited protection.

If you are in the military you can't bad mouth the POTUS or Commander in Chief.

You can't openly talk about classified or State secrets.

Freedom of speech is basically protection from being jailed or censored by the government for criticizing them or just because someone else finds it offensive.

Your employer can and will take actions if you embarrass them publicly.

No one is calling for this guy to be jailed or even fired, but he should be called out for such an immature prank.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
While it was a dumb thing to do, since he was logged in under the official NFL twitter account, I don't think he deserved to be called out(name being revealed) by CC on the radio.
The picture was deleted in ten minutes. Who knows if he got a warning from someone higher up.
Well, since they took it down in ten minutes, I doubt he is leveraging that as one of his top accomplishments when bonus and merit review cycles come around.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Our family of newspapers ran into this issue with a police chief who decided to take pot shots on Facebook at a reporter for the local newspaper and the newspaper itself. His defense of his decision is that freedom of speech gives him the right to say whatever he wants on his personal account.

No one ever denied that, but freedom of speech does not make you immune from the consequences of the choices you make and he was fired by the city.
Freedom of speech prevents you from getting arrested for your views. people confuse that all the time with freedom of consequences.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
This is Twitter in a nutshell.

Something you think is so funny that you have to share it with the World looks a lot different the moment it hits the Web.

There really should be a 5 minute delay on all Tweets. Some high school kid should judge whether it's lame or not before it is published.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
freedom of speech has nothing to do with this. That is a right you have pertaining to government action, not private sector relationships.

You don't have freedom of speech while working for someone else...unless you are employed by government
the 1st amendment only protects "freedoms" that is - you cant be jailed or have your freedom removed as a citizen for holding unpopular views or being offensive, etc.

No one has a right to a job. A person must follow a different standard when working for another. Its amazing this is still not understood by many

Like this idiot. Everyone needs their 15 minutes I guess

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is Twitter in a nutshell.

Something you think is so funny that you have to share it with the World looks a lot different the moment it hits the Web.

There really should be a 5 minute delay on all Tweets. Some high school kid should judge whether it's lame or not before it is published.
That's a logically sound precaution but its effectiveness would only be as good as the tweeter's ability to discern what's appropriate or not. Five minutes may be enough time for some to re-think an emotionally initiated message but what if that someone doesn't have good old-fashioned common sense? They still will not "get it" after five days have passed.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
the 1st amendment only protects "freedoms" that is - you cant be jailed or have your freedom removed as a citizen for holding unpopular views or being offensive, etc.

No one has a right to a job. A person must follow a different standard when working for another. Its amazing this is still not understood by many

Like this idiot. Everyone needs their 15 minutes I guess

That made me cringe so hard. I literally couldn't finish watching that first video... sickening.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
That made me cringe so hard. I literally couldn't finish watching that first video... sickening.

[As my curmudgeon brand soapbox readies to support my weight]...

The thing I detest about the digital age is everyone's narcissistic perception that they NEED the world to recognize them. And then when not accepted, cry about being criticized. I imagine the collective level of stupidity in the world has been stable, but the constant it seems like before it was hidden or shunned. Now it is met with "you can hold me accountable, I have a right to get 2 million youtube views. Pay me"

[Curmudgeon Soap Box returns to non weight bearing state]

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Had to go through 4 pages of this thread, for someone to finally say what the hell is going on & I still don't know what the hell is going on. :huh:

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if all this stuff wasn't a shady deal by the nfl because they didn't get a cut of the proceeds then why is there nothing about this story on nfl.com they post everything else. they have a pic up and a story about dallas and its the same pic that was on the tweet yesterday

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I didn't say he should be fired..but if you follow the story he was mocking him. That's pretty unprofessional to me. I actually doubt he's done that to any other team.

For those of us who haven't followed the story, can you provide context as to why "Hi Tony!" was mocking Romo?

Thanks.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
For those of us who haven't followed the story, can you provide context as to why "Hi Tony!" was mocking Romo?

Thanks.

Start with the thread about the NFL cancelling Tony's FF event. There are posts on there about this very thing.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and maybe someday we can have freedom from consequences because someone hurt someone's "feelings" on Twitter

Hopefully, someday we CAN have consequences for people being stupid and making stupid posts.

Unfortunately, modern society in this country seems to applaud stupidly.

In my utopia, only people in the top 50% in terms of intelligence would be allowed to express their opinions or vote. This would shut up morons like the Kardashians.