Twitter: Colin: Gap between Dak and Dalton is not massive

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
I apologize for whooping your arse...I didn't mean to make you cry...I didn't know you are so sensitive

so I will give you a break kiddo..go lick your wounds...have a few drinks. have a couple on me....cry in your glass a bit. you will feel better.

Once you take a break from sucking the chrome off Daks bumper you get back to me with some facts and we can discuss your butthurt, son.

kskboys

Reaction score
Interesting.
Jake Plummer had a 40-15 record with over a 70% winning % in DEN. Even took them to a AFCCG. I think they beat the almighty Patriots.
The following year he was jettisoned out of town for a rookie.
Sorry, no. Plummer retired. It was a huge shock at the time, he was 32.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Colin is right

Dak Stanleys praying we lose or Washington wins on Sunday :muttley:

The fact we argue this much about it kinda proves that Dalton is a little closer to Dak than most of the Super Fans thought..

Paying Dak is an obvious fan move at this point.. In reality you can replace him pretty easy and get the same type of impact.

Dalton was viewed as one of the worst QBs in the league before we signed him.. I didn’t view him that way but I also think he’s a average at best player.

Now I’m watching a average at best player get similar results to Dak.

Wrong today right tomorrow.. In the long run I was right about the Dalton vs Dak debate and I took a lot of heat for that opinion.. Now it’s just common knowledge.

Turns out Jimmy Johnson and myself were right.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
Sorry, no. Plummer retired. It was a huge shock at the time, he was 32.

Plummer was actually traded (jettisoned) to TB. He didn’t want to play in TB, so he retired.
And Shanahan publicly stated he felt he couldn’t win a SB with him so he drafted a QB in the 1st.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Interesting.
Jake Plummer had a 40-15 record with over a 70% winning % in DEN. Even took them to a AFCCG. I think they beat the almighty Patriots.
The following year he was jettisoned out of town for a rookie.

Plummer had a few things working against him in Denver.. one was is age as he was already 29 when Denver picked him up. The other was his propensity for throwing picks.. He led the league in them twice.. That's the kinda thing that will get you run out of a town if you're not winning Super Bowls.

triplets_93

Reaction score
I am hoping that Dak resigns next year.

I want to compete in and Win Championships!!!

I am with you.....we need to resign him. and hope for less injuries and go defense defense defense defense in draft and hope to hit on a few of them.

I see what you did there..

Here's my take... I do not want Dak as the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys, whether he's getting rookie money, what he wants, or anything in between.

In spite of all the "numbers" Dak puts up in a season, I still do not believe that Dak has what it takes to compete in and Win a Championship with the Dallas Cowboys.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Colin is right

Dak Stanleys praying we lose or Washington wins on Sunday :muttley:

Dak Stan here. I want the Cowboys to win. Cowherd makes a good point about the 49ers, Lions, Falcons and Eagles regretting paying there quarterbacks. I have said in the past that is my concern as well. Look I am upset we paid him 30 million this season and he played 4 1/2 games. Paying a quarterback is risky. I only think two deserve that money now.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
This is a dumb statement made under the assumption that a defense plays the same regardless of the situation. We are to believe that a defense plays the same when the game is 0-0, 10-7, 7-10 and 30-7? This just doesn't happen. There is a reason why Dak was able to wrack up those stats in the 5 games he started and that was largely due to the opponents getting a massive lead and then their defenses going into prevent mode to preserve leads. Barring the Rams and the Giants game the entire reason Dak was throwing more was due to those teams building massive leads in the first half of games. They got very lucky against Atlanta since their special teams apparently was coached by someone dumber than Jason "freeze my kicker" Garrett. The Rams game Dak "pilot the offense to 35 ppg" Prescott got us a total of 17 points. The truth is that facing good defenses Dak proves to be a liability since those defenses know they can stack the box and dare Dak to beat them with his arm. Neuter Elliot and Dak isn't going to beat a team just throwing the ball - not against a decent enough secondary.

The most oft repeated fallacy on this board. The only assumption being made here is you assuming that I assume anything.. I take nothing for granted in the game of football. I do also know that in 4 of his 5 starts Dak brought this team back to take a lead.. and I guarantee with 100% certainty that there is NO defense in football playing to allow the other team to come back and take the lead regardless what the score was. Therefore the braindead insistence that he only put up numbers because defenses were "playing prevent" couldn't be more false. The reality says exactly the opposite. Those teams were not trying to let the Cowboys move the ball up and down the field and score 30+ points. You must have gotten confused and thought you were watching the other team's defense when you were really watching the Cowboys defense. Okay the offense only put up 17 points in game 1. Let's hold that up to be the game by which we judge them and Dak and pretend not to know about the 31, 40, 39, 37 they scored in the other 4 games. The one bad game means the 4 great games never happened.. Sure..

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
Plummer had a few things working against him in Denver.. one was is age as he was already 29 when Denver picked him up. The other was his propensity for throwing picks.. He led the league in them twice.. That's the kinda thing that will get you run out of a town if you're not winning Super Bowls.

Just like Dak has a few things working against him. He’s slow processing the game, inaccurate from the pocket and can’t read a defense very well. A lot like Plummer.
My point is win-loss isn’t the end all to a discussion even though I asked about Daks.
I put Dak into that middle tier where Plummer was during his career.
Hey! Plummer won some games! So there’s that.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Dalton looks good playing with a great receiver corps against depleted secondaries (Eagles, Bengals), but against good defenses he plays like trash (Washington, Ravens).

He's not a good quarterback, he just got a few favorable matchups in a row.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Just like Dak has a few things working against him. He’s slow processing the game, inaccurate from the pocket and can’t read a defense very well. A lot like Plummer.
My point is win-loss isn’t the end all to a discussion even though I asked about Daks.
I put Dak into that middle tier where Plummer was during his career.
Hey! Plummer won some games! So there’s that.

Winning is a team stat anyway.. Aaron Rodgers has I believe two playoff losses when he and the offense put up 40+ points.. Yet some brain dead fan will tell you he chokes in the playoffs ... Fans are mostly stupid.. I do find it fascinating that Dak is winning better than 60% of his games and completing over 66% of his passes, throwing a very low number of INTs (4th best percentage in NFL history) while being so bad at throwing the ball and reading defenses.. He must be really really lucky huh..

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
Atlanta choked multiple fourth quarter leads this year, including allowing, I believe it was Foles, to put up 21 in the fourth quarter. The Seahawks, when we played them, had one of the worst pass defenses in the league. In fact, they are still 32nd in yards and attempts defensively. They only started righting the ship in game 10.

I agree, the hawks D is not what they were in the past. Getting healthy helps, but they are not the same of years past.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
Winning is a team stat anyway.. Aaron Rodgers has I believe two playoff losses when he and the offense put up 40+ points.. Yet some brain dead fan will tell you he chokes in the playoffs ... Fans are mostly stupid.. I do find it fascinating that Dak is winning better than 60% of his games and completing over 66% of his passes, throwing a very low number of INTs (4th best percentage in NFL history) while being so bad at throwing the ball and reading defenses.. He must be really really lucky huh..

Id say completion % is more an offensive scheme more than just a QB. Completion % is a mirage of a stat, since you have no idea how the QB completed the pass, necessarily.
I like that Dak can move around, get out of the pocket, throw on the run etc etc, but like Plummer, when you need him to throw accurately from the pocket consistently, they both struggle.
Whereas Rogers or Wilson can do it all day.
That’s what makes them elite. I’m not saying they are perfect, but they are really consistent and accurate from the pocket alot. The scrambling is not what makes them “elite”. It’s the pocket passing. And I don’t think you can teach that at this point in a QBs career.
It’s why I don’t think Dak is “elite” and why the DAL FO probably has a bone of contention with him.
But hey! Plummer was terrible in the pocket.
And he won a lot of games. So there’s that.
You can win games with this type of a QB.
SB’s? I don’t think so.

Vandyr

Reaction score
Dalton looks good playing with a great receiver corps against depleted secondaries (Eagles, Bengals), but against good defenses he plays like trash (Washington, Ravens).

He's not a good quarterback, he just got a few favorable matchups in a row.

I mean...you could replace Dalton with Dak in everything you just typed and it would still be true.

triplets_93

Reaction score
well... there's playing well, but losing to a better team....
and there's playing poorly, "shooting oneself in the foot" losing. I see too much of that with Dak, in important games to want to watch that show, Romo Act II, if you will.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Once you take a break from sucking the chrome off Daks bumper you get back to me with some facts and we can discuss your butthurt, son.
you know, in psychology when someone starts to hurl insults, its because they see themselves in a losing position.... so when do you think you lost this argument?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I am hoping that Dak resigns next year.

I want to compete in and Win Championships!!!

I see what you did there..

Here's my take... I do not want Dak as the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys, whether he's getting rookie money, what he wants, or anything in between.

In spite of all the "numbers" Dak puts up in a season, I still do not believe that Dak has what it takes to compete in and Win a Championship with the Dallas Cowboys.
your opinion....facts say otherwise. but hey to each his own opinion....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The fact we argue this much about it kinda proves that Dalton is a little closer to Dak than most of the Super Fans thought..

Paying Dak is an obvious fan move at this point.. In reality you can replace him pretty easy and get the same type of impact.

Dalton was viewed as one of the worst QBs in the league before we signed him.. I didn’t view him that way but I also think he’s a average at best player.

Now I’m watching a average at best player get similar results to Dak.

Wrong today right tomorrow.. In the long run I was right about the Dalton vs Dak debate and I took a lot of heat for that opinion.. Now it’s just common knowledge.

Turns out Jimmy Johnson and myself were right.
the fact that we argue is that 95% of people on this thread are Dak haters and these 2% minority on this message board that drive the argument and the 5% like me on this thread just toying with ignorance of those Dak haters for fun....95% of this board is ignoring it....you don't see any other media outlet outside of Skip and Cowturd saying anything....those guys are National Enquirer of sports....click baiting everyone to get viewership, listeners and clicks...both got fired from reputable organizations because the orgs didn't want to have any association with them. every other reputable, knowledgable NFL related media, FO and personnel evaluators totally disagree with you...

btw, the only reason he is getting similar results to Dak is because he is playing 4-11 teams playing their back up QBs and needing a lot, I mean a LOT of help in beating them...he has not beaten a starting QB yet.