Twitter: Colin: Gap between Dak and Dalton is not massive

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just rewatched all three passes and the point of the catch for Cooper's TD catch and Lamb's TD catch, Cooper was further down field than Lamb at the time of the catch. The reason Lamb was so far open is because the the defender slipped down early and every NFL QB should have able to hit him. Again I don't think Dalton had a great game but he did have a good game I've been very critical of Dalton but I'm also honest enough to admit when he had one good game.

That's all I can ask for. Fine to criticize...great. We're all experts ain't we?

But to have any credibility...gotta give credit where credits due.

Had to have been a very challenging time for Andy. Decimated O'line...young OC. New team with a new coach. I mean why shouldn't he have a Brees/brady/rodgers kind of year?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
That's all I can ask for. Fine to criticize...great. We're all experts ain't we?

But to have any credibility...gotta give credit where credits due.

Had to have been a very challenging time for Andy. Decimated O'line...young OC. New team with a new coach. I mean why shouldn't he have a Brees/brady/rodgers kind of year?

You pointed reasons why it was tougher on Dalton but NEVER in Dalton's entire career has he ever had a Brees/Brady/ Rodgers type of season. All three of those QB's either were league MVP or in Brees case one season was 2nd in voting for MVP and Dalton was never ever in that conversation.

kskboys

Reaction score
Plummer was actually traded (jettisoned) to TB. He didn’t want to play in TB, so he retired.
And Shanahan publicly stated he felt he couldn’t win a SB with him so he drafted a QB in the 1st.
For some reason you have this all messed up.

Plummer told DEN he was retiring. TB knew it and traded for him anyway.

Honestly, it's not that hard to check facts.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Dalton at his best ie 5 years ago was a 4000 yd 20 TD guy with a mediocre pick rate. He is on the downswing of his career at 25 years old.

Dak still on the upswing of his career is a 5000 yd 30 TD player with good pick rate.

25% improvement is massive.

Shane612

Reaction score
Dalton has been great in Dallas, however I don't know how much leverage we really have because if we don't pay Dak, somebody else most definitely will. I'm glad we signed Dalton on the off-season however, he has been amazing for us.

A month ago people here wanted him out.
My, how time has changed.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
A month ago people here wanted him out.
My, how time has changed.
Who really wanted a backup out? I think some of y'all love exaggerating just to be right smh. I said he looked worse than I expected but my original point that we'd be close to 8-8 with him is almost right. He's average and I think Dak is on that same level. Dak is better but I don't think by some massive gap like Colin said. You give Dalton the same team Dak had before this year I think we turn out similar seasons outside of the rookie season that looks like an outlier now.

Shane612

Reaction score
Who really wanted a backup out? I think some of y'all love exaggerating just to be right smh. I said he looked worse than I expected but my original point that we'd be close to 8-8 with him is almost right. He's average and I think Dak is on that same level. Dak is better but I don't think by some massive gap like Colin said. You give Dalton the same team Dak had before this year I think we turn out similar seasons outside of the rookie season that looks like an outlier now.
Didn't most people want Gilbert to play ahead of Dalton?
Isn't that pretty much an indictment on Dalton?

flyinghorse

Reaction score
TRY THIS COMPARISON !!!!!
Dak- 27 yrs old
Dalton - 33 yrs old
THATS 6 “NFL YEARS” DIFFERENCE!!!!
THOSE ARE LIKE DOG YEARS MAN!!!!!
YOU WANT TO BUY AN OLD DOG OR A YOUNG DOG???!!!!!!
I’M BUYING THE YOUNG DOG......CAUSE HE’S GONNA LIVE LONGER.....DUH!!!
SO I’M WILLING TO PAY MORE.....DUH!!!!
C’MON MAN !!!! THIS AIN’T ROCKET SCIENCE

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Didn't most people want Gilbert to play ahead of Dalton?
Isn't that pretty much an indictment on Dalton?

I want to see more Gilbert actually.

Gilberts always had talent and he looked like he belonged in the NFL against Pittsburgh.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
I want to see more Gilbert actually.

Gilberts always had talent and he looked like he belonged in the NFL against Pittsburgh.

Why are posters arguing about who is better between these 2? They are identical other than age.
Neither are the long term answer. Dak can walk and Dalton can be the cheap bridge QB to the rookie QB.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dalton at his best ie 5 years ago was a 4000 yd 20 TD guy with a mediocre pick rate. He is on the downswing of his career at 25 years old.

Dak still on the upswing of his career is a 5000 yd 30 TD player with good pick rate.

25% improvement is massive.

Not a single Qb broke 5000 yards in 2015 and only 1 did it last year in Winston.. Garbage yardage from behind, throwing 4o times a hand isn’t a stat to be happy about. We can also go to Dak pre-Amari Cooper and his first three years of not even breaking 4000 yards also.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
TRY THIS COMPARISON !!!!!
Dak- 27 yrs old
Dalton - 33 yrs old
THATS 6 “NFL YEARS” DIFFERENCE!!!!
THOSE ARE LIKE DOG YEARS MAN!!!!!
YOU WANT TO BUY AN OLD DOG OR A YOUNG DOG???!!!!!!
I’M BUYING THE YOUNG DOG......CAUSE HE’S GONNA LIVE LONGER.....DUH!!!
SO I’M WILLING TO PAY MORE.....DUH!!!!
C’MON MAN !!!! THIS AIN’T ROCKET SCIENCE

Okay so based on your logic:

Aaron Rodgers 37 Years Old

Dwayne Haskins 23 Years Old

That's 14 NFL years difference

I think your logic is more dog crap than dog years

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
Not a single Qb broke 5000 yards in 2015 and only 1 did it last year in Winston.. Garbage yardage from behind, throwing 4o times a hand isn’t a stat to be happy about. We can also go to Dak pre-Amari Cooper and his first three years of not even breaking 4000 yards also.

But those garbage time yards, man.

khiladi

Reaction score
He had over 4900 yards. Was on pace to do it again.

That isn’t 5000 and Winston broke 5000 and close to half of Dak’s TDs when he threw for 4900 yards were against the Commanders and Giants and plenty of his yardage was garbage time, throwing close up 40 plus times a game regularly while being down by multiple scores in the second half.

Acting like he puts up 5000 yards, because he’s in shoot-outs the whole game, trading blows with the likes of Rodgers and Brees, is a patently false narrative period.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
That isn’t 5000 and Winston broke 5000 and close to half of Dak’s TDs when he threw for 4900 yards were against the Commanders and Giants and plenty of his yardage was garbage time, throwing close up 40 plus times a game regularly while being down by multiple scores in the second half.

Acting like he puts up 5000 yards, because he’s in shoot-outs the whole game, trading blows with the likes of Rodgers and Brees, is a patently false.l narrative period.

What is patently false is self serving bias that does not use the same treatment everywhere.

What is amusing is accusing me of narrative right after making an actual narrative about shootouts with x and y and it being the basis for discounting stats.