Twitter: Colin: Gap between Dak and Dalton is not massive

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
So Dalton beat up the teams with bad secondaries like Eagles and the Bengals while lost to Washington and Ravens

Isn't that the same as Dak Prescott who lost against the Rams, Seahawks and the Browns (teams with good to average defenses) while winning against the Giants (horrible) and barely beat Atlanta thanks to a rare brain fart by Julio Jones and the Atlanta Special teams?

It's laughable to claim that Dak Prescott is worth the contract that his agent and he are demanding when it's clear as day that he isn't in another tier compared to Dalton. He's basically Andy Dalton with slightly better mobility and not as good an arm. But Jerry being the half-wit that he is will pay him, no doubting that. Should usher in another era of mediocre Dallas Jerry's football and everyone will continue cursing the fact that the defense sucks and why the offense cannot seem to solve the puzzle of stacked boxes.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
So Dalton beat up the teams with bad secondaries like Eagles and the Bengals while lost to Washington and Ravens

Isn't that the same as Dak Prescott who lost against the Rams, Seahawks and the Browns (teams with good to average defenses) while winning against the Giants (horrible) and barely beat Atlanta thanks to a rare brain fart by Julio Jones and the Atlanta Special teams?

It's laughable to claim that Dak Prescott is worth the contract that his agent and he are demanding when it's clear as day that he isn't in another tier compared to Dalton. He's basically Andy Dalton with slightly better mobility and not as good an arm. But Jerry being the half-wit that he is will pay him, no doubting that. Should usher in another era of mediocre Dallas Jerry's football and everyone will continue cursing the fact that the defense sucks and why the offense cannot seem to solve the puzzle of stacked boxes.

Dak is Jake Plummer in Denver. Without the 40-15 W-L record.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Nice “edit” to your original insulting post!!! LOL.
So in your opinion above, when do you think you lost this argument?
Before or after you changed it?

That's what most Dak fans do, they insult you if you don't want to lick the bottom of Dak's shoe like they do. And the poster you're talking to does it all the time, just watch.

In 1, 2, 3...

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The fact we argue this much about it kinda proves that Dalton is a little closer to Dak than most of the Super Fans thought..

Paying Dak is an obvious fan move at this point.. In reality you can replace him pretty easy and get the same type of impact.

Dalton was viewed as one of the worst QBs in the league before we signed him.. I didn’t view him that way but I also think he’s a average at best player.

Now I’m watching a average at best player get similar results to Dak.

Wrong today right tomorrow.. In the long run I was right about the Dalton vs Dak debate and I took a lot of heat for that opinion.. Now it’s just common knowledge.

Turns out Jimmy Johnson and myself were right.
No it actually means the exact opposite. People just can't believe how ignorant that take is.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
That's what most Dak fans do, they insult you if you don't want to lick the bottom of Dak's shoe like they do. And the poster you're talking to does it all the time, just watch.

In 1, 2, 3...
Yeah, it’s weird.
I’m sure there were/are WASH fans who just desperately tried to convince themselves Cousins was staying and there’s nothing to see here.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
you know, in psychology when someone starts to hurl insults, its because they see themselves in a losing position.... so when do you think you lost this argument?
You know what another common psychological defense mechanism is?

Rationalization.

In psychology and logic, rationalization or rationalisation (also known as making excuses[according to whom?])[1] is a defense mechanism in which controversial behaviors or feelings are justified and explained in a seemingly rational or logical manner to avoid the true explanation, and are made consciously tolerable—or even admirable and superior—by plausible means.[2] It is also an informal fallacy of reasoning.[3]

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
You know what another common psychological defense mechanism is?

Rationalization.

In psychology and logic, rationalization or rationalisation (also known as making excuses[according to whom?])[1] is a defense mechanism in which controversial behaviors or feelings are justified and explained in a seemingly rational or logical manner to avoid the true explanation, and are made consciously tolerable—or even admirable and superior—by plausible means.[2] It is also an informal fallacy of reasoning.[3]

lol...I wonder how many of those words he has to look up to understand what the hell you are trying to tell him.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
I did.. here goes..

2016 wins against winning teams - Packers, Eagles, Vikings, Ravens, Steelers, Lions, Bucs
losses - Giants twice, Philly (game he only played one series)
7-3

2017 wins - Eagles, Chiefs,
losses - Chargers, Eagles, Rams, Seahawks, Falcons
2-5 ouch (Also beat the Cardinals who were 8-8 and WOULD have had a winning season if not for the Cowboys. )

2018 wins Saints, Eagles(2),
losses Seattle, Houston, Titans, Colts
3-4

2019 wins - Eagles, Rams,
losses - Saints, Bears, Eagles, Bills, Vikings, Packers, Patriots
2-7 - Offense scored at least 24 points in 4 of the losses.

2020 no wins
losses - Rams, Seahawks, Browns
0-3 - Offense put up over 30 points in two of the losses.

That leaves Dak 14-22 for his career against teams that finished with winning records. That has to change.. The good news for us is that if the defense stops being a sieve and Dak can keep piloting the offense to 35 ppg it will. What this tells me is that we've been a middle of the pack team the last three years.. as evidenced by our record. We are better than bad teams but not as good as the best teams. Given that the defense has given up at least 28 points in 6 of the last 9 losses over they last two seasons my take would be that improving the offense isn't what needs to happen for us to join the NFL elite. We need the defense to show up more consistently. Yes Dak and the offense can play better.. but the offense has been good to great with greater frequency than the defense has. The defense has been downright putrid far too many times.. even in the wins this year they have gotten worked for the most part. Focusing on Dak's shortcomings real or imagined while that's going is a fool's errand IMHO. Unless we can bulk him up and put him at linebacker, Dak can't do anything to make the defense any better. And if Moore continues to think passing 70% of the time is the winning formula, our offense will not control the clock to protect our horrible defense..
Yup, many competitive win/loss games over the years, just can’t get over the hump. Starts with improving the defense.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's why I am not impressed with Dalton.

I'm not impressed but if we are going to pay an average QB (arm talent) i'd rather pay one like bridgewater or less than mahomes money. There are only 2-3 guys i'd give top dollar to and Dak isn't on this list if building a SB team is the goal.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
I'm not impressed but if we are going to pay an average QB (arm talent) i'd rather pay one like bridgewater or less than mahomes money. There are only 2-3 guys i'd give top dollar to and Dak isn't on this list if building a SB team is the goal.

Just draft a QB. Keep Dalton as the bridge QB. Dalton is as good as Bridgewater.
1st round Rookie QBs are on a 5 year, cheap deal.
A team can do so much more with the money. Or you can be the Minnesota Vikings 3 years into Cousins contract. 6-8 and in second to last place. A total waste.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
That’s correct, it’s a tough call. Unfortunately if Jerry and Dak don’t come to an agreement, Dak may have to play elsewhere.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I mean...you could replace Dalton with Dak in everything you just typed and it would still be true.

Dak eviscerated good and bad defenses alike before he went down. Through 5 games, he was on pace for an all-timer type of season.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Both Cooper and Gallup turned short throws into long gains.. Gallup's was actually a WR screen behind the line of scrimmage.. it was a 69 yard play but he had to run 72... Coops long one was just a dude making a play but credit to Dalton for good ball placement .. The Lamb TD was a throw pretty much any high school QB can make. Take your drop and let the ball fly when the back foot hits. Pitch and catch. But let's not ding a guy for flawless execution just because it was an easy throw. We have seen plenty of QBs miss that throw by not putting enough air under it or air mailing it out of bounds.

I just rewatched all three passes and the point of the catch for Cooper's TD catch and Lamb's TD catch, Cooper was further down field than Lamb at the time of the catch. The reason Lamb was so far open is because the the defender slipped down early and every NFL QB should have able to hit him. Again I don't think Dalton had a great game but he did have a good game I've been very critical of Dalton but I'm also honest enough to admit when he had one good game.

BigD_95

Reaction score

It is very hard which direction the team should go. Build an entire better team around Dalton or pay Dak and continue to suffer in defense and depth. Eventually lose one of the 3 receivers .