Twitter: Colin: Gap between Dak and Dalton is not massive

khiladi

Reaction score
What is patently false is self serving bias that does not use the same treatment everywhere.

What is amusing is accusing me of narrative right after making an actual narrative about shootouts with x and y bing the basis for discounting stats.

What is false is claiming Dak threw for 5000 yards and claiming he could have done it this year doesn’t mean he did it.. that is a fact..

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Cousins is on pace to throw for 4000 yds 35 tds and 13 picks. And his team blows with a 6-8 record and nothing to show for it for yet another year. Passing stats mean very little in terms of a QBs value.
Winston last year should explain that.

And that is better than Dalton at his best.

Using W-L stats and ignoring 2 other phases of the game is only compelling to those that are already convinced.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
He had 4900 yards. Was on pace to do it again.

Oh, and in games that Dak threw for more than 300+ yards the Dallas Cowboys record was the following:

2020: 1-2

2019: 3-4

2018: 2-0

2017: 1-0

2016: 2-0

Moral of the story: Dak may be putting up personal stats the last 2 seasons but those are not equating to Dallas victories.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
What is false is claiming Dak threw for 5000 yards and claiming he could have done it this year doesn’t mean he did it.. that is a fact..

4900 yards and 30 TD still leads to the same conclusion. Grandstanding on a point of fact and missing the forest for a tree remains uncompelling.

khiladi

Reaction score
To put it in perspective, Dak hasn’t thrown a single pass when ahead between 9-16 points, while Andy Dalton is 18/28 in that situation. Andy has built leads while Dak loves to pad stats in an offense catered to his ‘skill set’ for five years..

khiladi

Reaction score

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Oh, and in games that Dak threw for more than 300+ yards the Dallas Cowboys record was the following:

2020: 1-2

2019: 3-4

2018: 2-0

2017: 1-0

2016: 2-0

Moral of the story: Dak may be putting up personal stats the last 2 seasons but those are not equating to Dallas victories.

Too bad there is defense, special teams and the run game to consider when evaluation game outcomes.

Do you guys have anything other than W-L? As I keep pointing out, your rational is what got Newton an MVP.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Why are posters arguing about who is better between these 2? They are identical other than age.
Neither are the long term answer. Dak can walk and Dalton can be the cheap bridge QB to the rookie QB.

Playing Dalton hurt us in the long run..

We pose no threat to the Super Bowl and him winning proved nothing.

I wish we could’ve been in position to take Zach Wilson.. I think that is a risk worth taking..

Now we’re kinda just back to being mediocre and stuck in this cycle.

khiladi

Reaction score
4900 yards and 30 TD still leads to the same conclusion. Grandstanding on a point of fact and missing the forest for a tree remains uncompelling.

No, it simply means 1 out of 5 years he’s played, he threw for 4900 yards, and three of the other three years, he didn’t break 4000 once and he’s never broke 5000, unlike Winston.

What is grandstanding is you trying to make the case garbage time yards, such as when down by 27 in the fourth against the Browns, is something impressive...

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Too bad there is defense, special teams and the run game to consider when evaluation game outcomes.

Do you guys have anything other than W-L? As I keep pointing out, your rational is what got Newton an MVP.

QB's are paid to win games so would you give Winston $35M+ for his record setting season in spite of the team sucking? I ask because that is what you are asking Dallas to do with Dak.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No, it simply means 1 out of 5 years he’s played, he threw for 4900 yards, and three of the other three years, he didn’t break 4000 once and he’s never broke 5000, unlike Winston.

Dak doesn't turn the ball over like Winston. That has always been his achilles heel. and you seem to not understand how player progression works.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
QB's are paid to win games so would you give Winston $35M+ for his record setting season in spite of the team sucking? I ask because that is what you are asking Dallas to do with Dak.

As I pointed out before, Winston throws lots of picks.

I ask again, do you guys have anything other than W-L to back up your position? It reeks of scapegoating.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak doesn't turn the ball over like Winston. That has always been his achilles heel. and you seem to not understand how player progression works.

Dak also doesn’t put the ball in the end zone until garbage time and is bottom half of the league in the red zone. Like Winston, he’s a paper Tiger. But even Winston didn’t have Smith, Frederick, Martin and Collins blocking for him.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Dak also doesn’t put the ball in the end zone and is bottom half of the league in the red zone.

And yet he still throws for tons of TDs despite that. Nevermind the role that the run game and OL play in that but okay.

khiladi

Reaction score
Why are posters arguing about who is better between these 2? They are identical other than age.
Neither are the long term answer. Dak can walk and Dalton can be the cheap bridge QB to the rookie QB.

Dalton technically isn’t. He gets the ball out quickly, which has helped this make shift offensive line. Moor has dramatically reduced play action with Dalton in the game.

khiladi

Reaction score
And yet he still throws for tons of TDs despite that. Nevermind the role that the run game and OL play in that but okay.

you mean in garbage time or like when pretty much half his TDs are against the Commanders and Giants,
Like last year.

Or you mean the run game that has Dak using play action more than pretty much everybody in the league. If anything, the run game has carried this mediocrity whose top 4 year in and year out with Goff highest drop in QB rating from first to second progression.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
you mean in garbage time or like when pretty much half his TDs are against the Commanders and Giants,
Like last year.

Or you mean the run game that has Dak using play action more than pretty much everybody in the league. If anything, the run game has carried this mediocrity whose top 4 year in and year out with Goff highest drop in QB rating from first to second progression.

So do you go through all the other QBs and look to see what their stats are in "garbage time" or against teams you do not approve of and discount that too?

Pretty sure Cowboys led the league in drops last year as well.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
As I pointed out before, Winston throws lots of picks.

I ask again, do you guys have anything other than W-L to back up your position? It reeks of scapegoating.

There is nothing more important than wins and losses to base a QB on.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
But lets get back to the original argument which you guys have dropped. Dak is already better than Dalton has ever been and is on the upside of his career while Dalton is 35 years old.