Twitter: Colin: Gap between Dak and Dalton is not massive

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
Are the cowboys the only team in the league that have to deal with this years cap? What about 2022, 2023, 2024?

You say it's Jones problem to fix. But you say you don't want Dak....so if it's Jones problem to.fix, why are u screaming about not wanting Dak and 27 m cap space

I didn’t scream anything about not wanting Dak.
I want him for a reasonable cost.
And I want the cap space as well but it’s gone if they sign Dak.

Qcard

Reaction score
Did Kirk Cousin win a playoff game?:lmao::lmao2::facepalm::muttley:

Section446

Reaction score
so any QB that doesn't get superbowls is not worthy...just trying to see your measure of success

and just because Dak didn't get superbowl in the first 4 years, does it mean he will not get a superbowl? is that in general true for all QBs and how we should measure them?
Absolutely, a QB's legacy has always been measured by their success in the post season, more specifically Super Bowls.

Dak isn't a Super Bowl caliber QB, he doesn't bring anything to the team that you couldn't get at a much cheaper price.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Absolutely, a QB's legacy has always been measured by their success in the post season, more specifically Super Bowls.

Dak isn't a Super Bowl caliber QB, he doesn't bring anything to the team that you couldn't get at a much cheaper price.
yet he is considered a top 10 QB and his offensive stats are along the same lines as a top 10 QB....

and yet he has had the highest number of comeback wins in his first 4 years......

but he is solely responsible for all wins and losses, no other offensive player, not the defense, coaching, special teams....no none of that....and the wins in 2016, 2018 don't count but 2019 is the only year that counts, and the only game that counts is the eagles game.....nothing else matters....did I miss anything...given that's all you dak detractors hang on too, post after posts.

and please tell us why Dak isn't a superbowl calibur QB?

and give me an example of someone available that's cheaper....

if you say Dalton, I am going to puke...literally.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Dak is exactly who I wanted in the 2016 draft, can't believe we got him in the 4th round. Then we paid him peanuts to be our starter for 4 years while he carried the team on his back. Then we paid the idiot RB first, they better make it up to him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
one of your buddies was willing to pay Dalton 20M....that piece of crap is worth 20M? really....and you complain about dak and 35M....

Batman1980

Reaction score
Dalton isn't even worth the $3 million we paid him. Kick his butt out, let Gilbert and a free agent or a draft pick battle it out in camp to back-up Dak in 2021 and beyond.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
one of your buddies was willing to pay Dalton 20M....that piece of crap is worth 20M? really....and you complain about dak and 35M....

Houston, you need to be more specific. One of my buddies? I don’t have any friends here.
20M over 3 years? What’s the details?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The offensive line needs upgrades at both tackle spots and maybe center but I think Biadasz could be something.
collins prior to his injury was rated as one of the top RTs in the game.

I think "upgrade" the LT is a little bit of a push, but we need someone to stay on the field. When Smith plays, even at this stage of his career he is still one of the best, but he has been injured every year and we need to upgrade.

Biadasz made all rookie OL team...and he was consistently graded as one of the best run blockers, but given no camp, weird year, etc. he needs to improve his pass protection. we may have found our next Fred Beard

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well that's profound, I never thought of that.

Pre-2020 we didnt have the available salary CAP knowing that 2021 (and 2022) we're struggling for CAP Space, even before the expected reduction.

If we sign Dak I doubt we'll have sufficient CAP space for your "couple of key FA's" .....unless we sign Dak long term with signing bonus paid late on in the contract.
but we don't and shouldn't sign an defensive FA for 2021...we have to draft with a focus on defense. I really can't see any offensive player outside of a good LT that would/could be a starter and not be 3rd or 4th on the depth chart or greatly improve the offensive output....

given its a 2 year project, then no need to spend money on any key FA's in 2021....you draft, assess what you have...the key FAs would be those we have not been able to find in the draft.

2021 we get another year of evaluating Diggs, Galimore, get hill back and the newly drafted players...2022 you find a key FA of need (if needed) and you still focus on defensive draft....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So you're conceding next season?
no, I am not....our offense with Dak and the weapons we have is good enough to keep the team competitive. what I want to see is if the end of the year defensive performance was fools gold (given the level of competition we played) or are they really on the up tick...

KC went to play offs, was competitive in 2018. their defense was 31st....their offense was averaging 35 pts a game...in 2019 their defense was middle of the pack. and they made their run. you don't need a top 5 defense to win championships. but you can't win with historically bad defenses...so if we draft defensively, build on what we did at the end of the year, and not be historically bad....like giving up 1200 yards rushing in 4 games or 36 pts per game, then the team can be competitive....probably not championship ready, but competitive.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So from that assessment it's going to take us 3+ years to develop a defense into a decent unit (taking into account additional time and uncertainty on non- 1st Round picks - eg- Diggs, Gallimore and Hill).

A lot of if's in your comments about Collins and Smith coming back and O-Line depth which is going to be a concern as they age (we'd just have to live with).

Back to the elephant in the room - is it wise with these massive holes in the TEAM that we pay a good QB $30m a year for seasons when we arent competing.... I suppose we should ask Houston fans :)
couple of years.....

and you don't need top 5 defense to win championship. you need a good, middle of the pack reliable defense given the offense we can field. we got better as the year went along. we were not good, but we weren't historically bad defense.....you draft defense next year, no defensive FAs, you assess at the end of 2021 where you are and you plan out 2022.

and I never said we are not going to be competitive....our offense with Dak is good so that we have been competitive. we need to get to a respectable, average defense (I don't just look at yards). so we can be competitive if we can field a defense that's in high 20s....

and given you think it takes 3+ years to rebuild the defense (I don't). then you let your QB go!!! and you create another HUGE hole, now you are on a 5+ or 6+ year plan...is that a suggestion on your part that we should be tanking?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
God egg on your face huh pup.
that's the problem with some fans that don't look at all the info and relay on craapy information to make their assumptions....

Dalton's last 6 starts have been against 4 teams that were 4 win teams, 3 of them starting their back up QBs, his two starts against teams more than 4 wins he was awful. STUNK UP the joint as they say.

Dalton could only beat back up QBs...couldn't come close to beating starting QBs....

but hey don't let any relevant facts get in the way.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak, has the potential to be better. I am not talking about the number of sacks, it is more about timing. Some sacks are unavoidable, but he can throw the ball away most of the time. Not counting this year, he averages about 34 sacks a year. In my base opinion, he can be better. We all know that all interceptions, are not due to just the QB, and does not have many. It is just the timing of some of those interceptions that I don't understand.
he has improved in that area tremendously since 2018.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Your premise is that you have a “stud” QB. LOL
Dak isn’t. He’s a middle tier QB. Unfortunately middle tier QBs like Cousins get paid.
And the cap is what it is. DAL can’t get rid of these players. They are stuck unless they take seriously low end draft picks and just dump them and they still represent dead cap. That doesn’t solve anything. What’s done is done. Jerry paid those guys and now there’s not enough money to go around. No chair left for Dak. So he got himself an agent who is going to maximize his financial situation. They are using the Cousins method. It’s that simple. Hell, DAL doesn’t have the money to sign Dak anyways. Just saying, “Oh some guys are going to redo their contracts and make space” is not an answer.
Im betting Gallup gets traded for a 2 as well. He’s up soon too.
And there’s 13-15 teams who would rather just pay him because they’ve seen the production and he’s proven than draft a WR in the 2nd.
yet, 50 FO personnel people ranked Dak in top 10...but hey what do they know, they should just come to you....you know more than they do. your NFL evaluation talents are wasted on this message board.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Sorry, I dont understand the significance. Please explain.

He's a QB, who's good and good value during the first 4/5 years of the contract. He'd be a great addition to a team that's close to competing and the Colts appear perfect for him.

But there's a valid argument that we arent going to challenge for the next 3+ years as the defense has so many holes to challenge for championships, therefore why continue to pay $35m on a QB and ignore the fundamentals of D-Line and serviceable back-ups for a suspect O-Line.
why do you think we can't compete in the next 3+ years? that's a total assumptions..

and it won't take that long to build a good defense.

you don't need a top 5 defense to win a championship...

KC had the 31st ranked defense and a good offense in 2018...in 2019, they had middle of the pack defense and their offense actually produced less. we know the end result...

you need to improve the defense over the next two years.....

and by creating a HUGE hole at QB position your 3+ year estimate is not 5+, 6+ year estimate...so in your opinion we should just dump everyone on the team and tank and trade every asset and go drafting?

btw, it didn't take colts 3+ years to build the defense.