Colts' LB Darius (Shaq) Leonard released

Loso86

Reaction score
Yes, that is what my quote states. 2024-2026 are not guaranteed. A team like Dallas would just have to decide if he brings enough to the team to warrant a $6.5 million cap hit this year. Personally, if he is healthy then I would put in a waiver claim given our current LBer situation. That group is really thin when it comes to depth. However, I have my doubts that Stephen and Jerry will do it.
I'm with you I'd take him we have the space and he would be the best backer we have. if we TRULY are going for it

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Wow, likely injury issues and declining play but hey definitely worth a look considering the LB shortage.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Dude fell off a cliff. Was considered one of the best LB's in the game just 3-4 years ago.

His teammate Quenton Nelson had the same thing happen. Racked up a bunch of all-pros and then fell off a cliff.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
He hasn’t been the same since his injury. He even said it himself, that he was afraid of making contact. That isn’t going to work out for a linebacker.
We have LVE similarly who was never the same after injury, it’s unfortunate, but life in NFL

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
If he clears and there isn't a rush of teams trying to bid on him, why not? As long as he isn't compromised as bad as Jaylon was after the one good season he had then sure a backup or insurance at a somewhat cheap deal.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yep. If he’s healthy I take a look.

Yup, I understand not wanting to claim him with his contract, but, if he clears waivers, we should try to get him on a 1 year deal for the remainder of this year. He can be a good option for us in the middle, and this is the time to be looking at quality one year rentals as they come available.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
to improve?
Why would the Bears want to improve? Their season is over. Tanking for picks. The Bears were up 12 against the Lions and the powers that be told them to quit playing around and lose.

The Bears should just sit Fields for the rest of the year and trade him. He is done as a Bear.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
He will clear waivers. No one is picking up his salary.

a) Who would you cut for him?
b) You do realize he would most likely not be active for even one game the rest of the year.

Proof

Reaction score
Why would the Bears want to improve? Their season is over. Tanking for picks. The Bears were up 12 against the Lions and the powers that be told them to quit playing around and lose.

The Bears should just sit Fields for the rest of the year and trade him. He is done as a Bear.
for the future, obviously. leonard isn't changing their trajectory this year. they've also still got carolinas pick so they're fine.