Colts' LB Darius (Shaq) Leonard released

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Nobody is going to claim him on waivers because his contract is guaranteed for injury next year - which is likely why the Colts are releasing him.

Just about every contender will be in on him for depth purposes, I would think.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Nobody is going to claim him on waivers because his contract is guaranteed for injury next year - which is likely why the Colts are releasing him.

Just about every contender will be in on him for depth purposes, I would think.
Yea, that's the big piece to this whole situation. The money really isn't terrible for a team to roll the dice on, but if he claims an injury going into the offseason a team is screwed.

bewp7

Reaction score
back injury

he is finish

u can get better lb off any practice squad

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Is he the guy with arm the Seahawks drafted?

If so...maybe the Chiefs should consider signing him and converting him to WR.

(Hehehehehehe....that was funny)
This is Darius Leonard some reason he changed his name to Shaq.
Ok. Thanks for ruining my joke.

Does he at LEAST have a circular saw or chainsaw he occasionally uses while drunk? If so....I'm not going to ditch this joke juuussstttt yet

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Is he the guy with arm the Seahawks drafted?

If so...maybe the Chiefs should consider signing him and converting him to WR.

(Hehehehehehe....that was funny)

Ok. Thanks for ruining my joke.

Does he at LEAST have a circular saw or chainsaw he occasionally uses while drunk? If so....I'm not going to ditch this joke juuussstttt yet
Oh it was a handicap joke….oops

75boyz

Reaction score
He flew around those first few years at an All Pro level, got hurt, and has never been the same.

It's an unfortunately common story throughout the NFL of many talented players who get injured.
A LOT of them never return to the player they were before.

jujoboys

Reaction score
All the guarantee is paid out except the 6.11 this year, nothing is owed to him after this season if they want to release him
Yes, that is what my quote states. 2024-2026 are not guaranteed. A team like Dallas would just have to decide if he brings enough to the team to warrant a $6.5 million cap hit this year. Personally, if he is healthy then I would put in a waiver claim given our current LBer situation. That group is really thin when it comes to depth. However, I have my doubts that Stephen and Jerry will do it.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
When his rookie contract was up and he was holding out I wondered how he and Parsons together would play as a tandem. Man all-pro Darius and Parsons would wreck teams. I feel like Darius was Parsons his first couple of years without as much pass rush ability. I feel like they would feed off each other and be like Warner and Greenlaw. I hope we take a stab at him if he hits free agency. We can slowly bring him on and get his confidence back.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Bad Back and multiple concussions. Hard pass. Rather raid someone's practice squad for a developmental LB for next season.