Colts' LB Darius (Shaq) Leonard released

rambo2

Reaction score
Watch the 49ers put in a claim for him. They have $39 million in CAP space right now so they could easily absorb the $6.5 million. The beauty of still having a QB on their rookie contract.

If no team puts in a claim for him then he can go wherever he wants. With that contract most teams will probably pass.
He probably will clear waivers and then teams will make offers.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We have Evans but I think we should see if he makes it thru waivers then call him.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Eagles need a linebacker and have playing time, have the best record in the league and he played for the colts where sirrianni was a coach.

I’d say they are in the drivers seat once he clears waivers

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Gillmore can put in a good word for him.

With LVE out, and almost no real depth you have to consider him. Quinn has done a lot here and could probably put him in position to make plays.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
He will clear waivers. No one is picking up his salary.

a) Who would you cut for him?
b) You do realize he would most likely not be active for even one game the rest of the year.
Nashon Wright or Rashan Evans then simply sign either of those players to practice squad if they clear.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please answer this: Does he have to sign with the first offer or can he negotiate his way up the food chain? Meaning, if Dallas reaches out to his agent and is willing to pay more, can he hold out until it's Dallas' turn?
No choice if claimed but his existing.salaries go to the new team if claimed.

If not claimed, then he is a free agent.

CCBoy

Reaction score
For once, I wish Jerry would get up off of his drunken butt and be aggressive again. I hate this new found Jerry who still manages not to win anything of importance.
It takes one to know one...you understand a drunken butt? I had a secondary duty assignment for ten years as a drug and alcohol advisor in my unit...when the Army testing center was created...an attached unit to mine we conducted 24 Article 15's and 15 Chapter Eliminations in one night at the Battalion Headquarters.
An NCO was removed from service with a single violation involving any drug...or on an alcohol program for a single swallow.

Redline360

Reaction score
He was an absolute beast before his injury. Nowhere the same player and teams need to take the hit saladay wise.

I could see the Eagles or SF making a move however as they have superbowl dreams and would like reinsurance

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Nashon Wright or Rashan Evans then simply sign either of those players to practice squad if they clear.
Those two players would not clear waivers. No Cowboy player on the roster today would clear waivers.

The Cowboys had to make up an injury to Fehoko to make a spot for Evans. Numerous teams tried to sign Evans off the PS.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes, but they are still building their team. They just traded for Sweat in a year where they are playing for nothing.
He's a 27 year old defensive end though. I don't get the point in taking on a linebacker but maybe they will I Don't understand a lot of moves the Bears make.

kskboys

Reaction score
I know what you're thinking. We like our guys.
Back injury. Not good anymore. Will most likely never be the same. Kick the tires? I guess, who cares. Have to wait until he passes waivers and becomes a FA, though, otherwise we'd have to pay rest of his 6 mill salary and 6 mill next year.