Combine Chatter Thread

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't have to tell me that. Things are looking like the team won't do it, so you fail in line. If they do do it, you'll fall in line. You have no opinion. They have it for you.

Do be bitter if they don't grab a QB at #4.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll always have a brain and never let a team think for me. Especially one run by a proven ***clown and his inept son.

We'll see how it plays out won't we?

The fact is that Wentz could very well be gone by #4... then what? Jerry's a fool?

I can hear it now.

chagus

Reaction score
Dallas is getting either Goff of Wentz. Jerry can't be THAT nuts. It's not a matter of want... This is a NEED.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Jerry actually scares me ,NO ONE not even Romo thinks he can play for 4-5 years.If he truly believes that then this franchise will take a big fall from the top and will never recover as long as Jerry is alive.

Well you're half right, Romo said he can play 7-8 more years, not 4-5. I guess Jerry is the pessimistic one.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That's fine unless one of these QBs turn into a superstar and then it will be the worst move in the franchises history.

Isn't that always the way it? We use retrospect to point out the "worst" moves, but fail to use retrospect when players we didn't take didn't turn out to be superstars.

I think Manziel is one of the few QBs we look back on and say thankfully Dallas passed on him, although that's because we know of Jerry's interest.

I mean, how many of us would have thought Matt Leinart was a good pick or BradyQuinn or JaMarcus Russell or David Carr?

It's only the worst move ever if who we wanted picked just happens to turn out great.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Isn't that always the way it? We use retrospect to point out the "worst" moves, but fail to use retrospect when players we didn't take didn't turn out to be superstars.

I think Manziel is one of the few QBs we look back on and say thankfully Dallas passed on him, although that's because we know of Jerry's interest.

I mean, how many of us would have thought Matt Leinart was a good pick or BradyQuinn or JaMarcus Russell or David Carr?

It's only the worst move ever if who we wanted picked just happens to turn out great.

That's exactly right.

There's a whole lotta people assuming that Wentz and Goff and even Lynch are IT.

They may not be. And one of them is very likely to be gone at #2 to Cleveland.

gimmesix

Reaction score
That's exactly right.

There's a whole lotta people assuming that Wentz and Goff and even Lynch are IT.

They may not be. And one of them is very likely to be gone at #2 to Cleveland.

If Wentz is gone, I'm OK with them picking Goff. If Goff is gone, I'm OK with them picking Wentz. (I think Lynch is more questionable, but for all we know he might turn out to be the best QB of the bunch.)

I'm also OK with them not picking any of them if they believe these QBs might turn out like Leinart, Quinn, Russell, Carr, etc.

All I want is for us to not blow that pick. I'm not going to look back with regret if we take Ramsey, for instance, and he's a perennial Pro Bowler while the QB we passed on to get him also turns out to be a perennial Pro Bowler. Being at No. 4 overall, we need to come away from this draft with a player who will make an impact on this team (and yes, that could be a QB who makes an impact when he takes over for Romo.)

Side note: If we do take a QB and he looks really good in preseason, I don't look forward to all the threads we'll have saying he needs to start over Romo.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Wentz is gone, I'm OK with them picking Goff. If Goff is gone, I'm OK with them picking Wentz. (I think Lynch is more questionable, but for all we know he might turn out to be the best QB of the bunch.)

I'm also OK with them not picking any of them if they believe these QBs might turn out like Leinart, Quinn, Russell, Carr, etc.

All I want is for us to not blow that pick. I'm not going to look back with regret if we take Ramsey, for instance, and he's a perennial Pro Bowler while the QB we passed on to get him also turns out to be a perennial Pro Bowler. Being at No. 4 overall, we need to come away from this draft with a player who will make an impact on this team (and yes, that could be a QB who makes an impact when he takes over for Romo.)

Side note: If we do take a QB and he looks really good in preseason, I don't look forward to all the threads we'll have saying he needs to start over Romo.

Exactly right.

I'm right there with you.

reddyuta

Reaction score

the chances of both QBs going before us is very very low.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
I'll always have a brain and never let a team think for me. Especially one run by a proven ***clown and his inept son.

Goff looks like he can take the field today and play at an NFL level. No doubt should be the odds on favorite for any non-biased opinion to succeed at a high level, but they are still wrong for that selection.

Let me guess, near Genius if the inaccurate Wentz is the choice. Hey Mr. high IQ, which one of those inept *** clowns will work to develop that type of raw QB?

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
He wanted Manziel... If Goff or Wentz are there .. We're taken one

People tend to forget jerry wanted a QB last year. Now I'm glad he lost the argument but I don't think jerry is opposed to taking a QB, even at 4

gimmesix

Reaction score
the chances of both QBs going before us is very very low.

Don't think both will be gone, but I do think it 's possibly Dallas could believe other players available are better than the QB who is left, and it is possibly the Cowboys could be right if they think that.

There's going to be a lot of crying around here on draft day if Dallas passes on Goff. Lot of cursing Jerry. Lot of doom and gloom. Few will wait to see if that QB turns out to be Peyton Manning or JaMarcus Russell before determining that it was the worst move ever by Dallas.

Frankly, if Dallas doesn't believe the QB remaining is worth taking at No. 4, then the team shouldn't take him, no matter how he turns out.

I think where we get into the gray area is if the QB who is available is worth taking at No. 4 and Dallas chooses the DE who is worth taking at No. 4 or the DB who is worth taking at No. 4 instead. But frankly, I'm not going to gripe if the team grabs an impact player with the pick, no matter the position.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I'm a fan.. I get to be wrong and 2nd guess.

Romo has had back surgery, has broke his ribs, broke his shoulder, and is getting older.

I question his durability going forward regardless if he plays 4 or 5 more years.

We coached Wentz. We should be 2 legs up on all 31 other teams.

If one of these guys is available and we pass on the for foot soldier like Bosa then they better not be superstars.

If Wentz is one of the best in the league in a few years then we should've moved up. This top 4 pick hopefully won't come around often.