Combine Chatter Thread

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

• Writer | NFL.com
Prescott's still raw, but his style feels similar to a pretty accomplished QB: Cam Newton
Dak Prescott is a really versatile QB who you can compare to Cam Newton -- he can be a workhorse if you need him to be. Although he needs to develop his game a bit more, he's not someone who's going to be outworked. When you see him on the field, you can tell he's a natural leader

If the Cowboys feel Prescott has developmental potential, I could see using the first couple picks for defense and getting Prescott early in the 3rd round.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Wow. Dodd might go way higher than previously thought.

I don't remember Dlinemen this big, fast and athletic in any combine. Incredibly deep class! That's certainly good for us. We can get tremendous value in the 3rd-5th round range. I agree with the earlier poster(Avery): it's Wentz or no QB for us. Just a hunch but if that happens we should look at trading down for the best deal. PLENTY of teams will want our 4th round pick and could get stupid to obtain it.

Reactions: BAT

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My feeling is that it's Wentz at #4 or QB waits until third round or later. I just don't picture Goff in a DC uniform.

That could very well be the case.

I'm just not seeing the quality of QB's at the top this draft like we have in the last few. And I think folks are pimping some of these guys because the cupboard is somewhat bare.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And then the decision comes down to what to do at #4 - I think we're truly a wildcard this draft moreso than any of the teams before us.

Oh very much so and it behooves the Cowboys to pimp QB's between now and the draft if nothing more than to drum up possible interest in a trade down.

manster4ever

Reaction score
And then the decision comes down to what to do at #4 - I think we're truly a wildcard this draft moreso than any of the teams before us.

Yeah, we are a wildcard. Which gives us some leverage in trading down. I wouldn't mind trading up for Wentz if it didn't cost us an arm and a leg, but it would. He simply won't be there at 4 due to the Browns continued futility. They'll take him OR someone will jump up to 1 and take him. We won't pay that price nor should we frankly. I would love to trade down and pick up another high pick (2nd rounder?) for the trouble. I'm not a draftnik like some of you. If we trade down to the 7-12 range what kind of pick does that garner for us? That team's 2nd rounder this year? Or would it be a 3rd rounder? TIA

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I expect us to be bargain-bin shoppers for QB's. I can't shake the feeling that we'll see someone in the second tier drafted at the top of the third.

Whether's that Hogan, Prescott, Hackenberg, etc., I don't know, just seems that the front office will find it easier to stomach a guy in the second day drafted then take the #4 pick and plop him on the bench for a few years.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I expect us to be bargain-bin shoppers for QB's. I can't shake the feeling that we'll see someone in the second tier drafted at the top of the third.

Whether's that Hogan, Prescott, Hackenberg, etc., I don't know, just seems that the front office will find it easier to stomach a guy in the second day drafted then take the #4 pick and plop him on the bench for a few years.

There's that too.

Romo is the guy the next two seasons, and the next most important QB on the team wouldn't be Wentz, Goff or Lynch, but the #2 QB.

It's 2018 when it becomes important who the #3 guy is and by that time someone other than Wentz or Goff or Lynch could be a better overall QB.

Shinaoi

Reaction score

I'm not saying that what I want them to do, but I have a feeling it's going to be the case.

manster4ever

Reaction score
I don't remember Dlinemen this big, fast and athletic in any combine. Incredibly deep class! That's certainly good for us. We can get tremendous value in the 3rd-5th round range. I agree with the earlier poster(Avery): it's Wentz or no QB for us. Just a hunch but if that happens we should look at trading down for the best deal. PLENTY of teams will want our 4th round pick and could get stupid to obtain it.

Two guys I LOVE in that range would be Maliek Collins (if he's there in the 3rd round)and/or Willie Henry in the 4th round. Collins played for Nebraska and Henry for Michigan