Combine Chatter Thread

manster4ever

Reaction score

muttley.gif

Love of god. I watched H-Burg a ton at PSU. When O'Brien was there he looked GOOD. Really good as a matter of fact. When James (the Clown) Franklin showed up, he digressed immensely right along with their Oline. He might have PTSD he was hit so much the last two years. Took a savage beating and his confidence and mentality to play the game have been broken IMHO. Damn shame really. Pretty talented kid. He did NOT look good yesterday btw...inaccuracy is a continual issue.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Love of god. I watched H-Burg a ton at PSU. When O'Brien was there he looked GOOD. Really good as a matter of fact. When James (the Clown) Franklin showed up, he digressed immensely right along with their Oline. He might have PTSD he was hit so much the last two years. Took a savage beating and his confidence and mentality to play the game have been broken IMHO. Damn shame really. Pretty talented kid. He did NOT look good yesterday btw...inaccuracy is a continual issue.

I think he might still be o.k. long term, but he NEEDS TO SIT for a couple of years. O'Brien drafting him and playing him by week 6 is the worst case scenario for him imo.

manster4ever

Reaction score

As Mayock just said, it isn't just falling out of hotel window stoned and/or drunk. It's the fact he took a lot of plays off at OleMiss. When confronted with that this week by NFL teams during interviews he just flat admitted it. No excuses or rationale....according to the NFL.Com guys he admitted it. He'd be off my board at that point. He can NOT be trusted. Which is the same thing I said last year about Randy Gregory.

manster4ever

Reaction score
I think he might still be o.k. long term, but he NEEDS TO SIT for a couple of years. O'Brien drafting him and playing him by week 6 is the worst case scenario for him imo.

NO doubt man. He's shell shocked and beat up. If someone takes him in the 4th-5th round as a developmental guy, it might work out for them. His measurables are similar to Kirk Cousins. I watched Kirk play every single game in college....most of of them in person. He had accuracy troubles too but wasn't hit HALF as much as H-burg was. I'm not saying H-burg can be as good as KC but the potential is there. Nice 4th round pick but no higher IMO.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Isn't Bosa an odd fit there? He's not an OLB and is he a 3-4 end?

He's not big enough to be a 3-4 end as those guys are typically DT size. He's a 4-3 end to me as you could put him at LB in a 3-4, but I'm not sure that makes the best use of his skill.

Sydla

Reaction score
Did Risen explain his whole Rodgers for a #2 and future #1 comment?

RS12

Reaction score
If we don't go DL in round two, my bet is Henry.

Of course, it will end up being Hunter Henry and I'll just turn my TV off and go for a long, long walk.

I think the DL class is so deep they will wait till round 3. My bet is they take the top ranked skill guy at 34. Henry, Doctson or the other Henry.

Sydla

Reaction score
He's not big enough to be a 3-4 end as those guys are typically DT size. He's a 4-3 end to me as you could put him at LB in a 3-4, but I'm not sure that makes the best use of his skill.

So why would San Diego take him? They'd be better off taking Stanley or Ramsey before taking Bosa and then playing him at a position that he might not be a good fit for.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I have always liked Spence, not sure we risk it after the Gregory fiasco.

RS12

Reaction score
I think the DL class is so deep they will wait till round 3. My bet is they take the top ranked skill guy at 34. Henry, Doctson or the other Henry.

Caveat, unless Nkemdiche is there. Moth meet flame.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Lineman runnin the 40 has his old frank and beans drop out of his shorts. Bellyflops to cover it up.

"How'd ya get the beans above the frank"

Haha.

Macnalty

Reaction score