Combine chatter....

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think he will pass Cooper, if he hasnt already, when the whole process is done.

That's one reason I was scratching my head with the trade up to the 3rd pick for Cooper in the Kiper Invitational.

Bluestang

Reaction score
Well see once again you're referring to any WR we draft as a 4th string at best. The problem is Beasley is not a backup to Dez or Williams. Chances are any WR they would draft in the first 3 rounds would be the top backup to both players.

I don't want to go into a season where one injury forces you to trot out marginal prospects like Devin Street as your starting WR and hope you can make up for it with TEs and RBs. What kind of thought process is that in this league of top passing attacks? That would seem to be a last resort type of thing, not an offseason plan.

One injury to a starter and you are trotting out substandard talent as it is.

I'd rather have some defensive help from the first three rounds at this juncture because we didn't pressure QBs consistently at all.

You of all people should understand that.

However, if the rumors are true about what the Cowboys are afraid of about Dez then they'd better fix that early in the draft.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One injury to a starter and you are trotting out substandard talent as it is.

The Packers aren't.

I'd rather have some defensive help from the first three rounds at this juncture because we didn't pressure QBs consistently at all.

You of all people should understand that.

However, if the rumors are true about what the Cowboys are afraid of about Dez then they'd better fix that early in the draft.

I'd rather draft the talent. Not force needs in the draft.

The QB is aging with a bad back. The defense is historically bad but with great nicknames. If we're going to win anything with Romo it's going to be on the back of the offense. To think we are a Dez Bryant or Terrance Williams injury away from Devin Street as the starter should scare you. This is why I'll be completely open minded to a WR selection as early as even the 1st round.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
It's a shame that Shelton will probably go in the top ten; we could really use him.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Xavier Cooper 29
J.T. Surratt 29
Jordan Phillips 28
Trey Flowers 28
Anthony Chickillo 27
Malcom Brown 26
Darius Philon 26
Rakeem Nunez-Roches 26
Owamagbe Odighizuwa 25
Danielle Hunter 25
LeterrIus Walton 25
Arik Armstead 24
Lynden Trail 24
Ellis McCarthy 24

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LB Bench Press Reps
Vic Beasley 35
Mike Hull 31
Kyle Emanuel 27
Bryce Hager 26
B.J. Dubose 26
Davis Tull 26
Martrell Spaight 25
Yannik Cudjoe-Virgil 25
Randy Gregory 24
Kwon Alexander 24
Stephone Anthony 23
Lorenzo Mauldin 23

DuDa

Reaction score
A solid day for Buck Allen with his 4.53 40 and very good 1.58 split.