Combine chatter....

Nirvana

Reaction score
He's not a burner. Neither is Gurley. I doubt he'd run a much better time than that.

Marshall Faulk says Gurly told him he ran a sub 4.3. Take that for what it's worth - not much. But I'd like to find out.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Marshall Faulk says Gurly told him he ran a sub 4.3. Take that for what it's worth - not much. But I'd like to find out.

The problem is that a 4.3 at one place might be a 4.5 at another. That's what I like about the combine; from a statistical perspective, it puts everyone into the same controlled enviroment vs. fast tracks, elevation, etc.

I think Gurley will drop to the second round - that or the Pats take him at #32.

reddyuta

Reaction score
gordon plays fast though unlike murray who ran 4.41 but doesnt with that speed while shady mccoy ran 4.5 but does play fast.

Nirvana

Reaction score
So let me throw this out there: RB David Johnson in the 2nd round?

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score

My best guess would be around 4.45-4.5.

Additionally, don't have to be a burner to be a great back.

Nirvana

Reaction score
B-ZQ7btIUAAaBiS.jpg

Nirvana

Reaction score
Day 1 and 2 mock:

1. Bud Dupree DE
2. David Johnson RB
3. Tyler Lockett WR

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I like that FB from Alabama, Jalston Fowler. A thumper that can catch the ball. Can we get him in the 7th??

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
Lockett is going to be a good player for someone. That size will scare off some teams but he has every other trait you could possibly want.
Mariotta's arm looked better than I expected.
If Abdulla's 40 drops his stock he would be a sweet player to have backing up Murray.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The problem is that a 4.3 at one place might be a 4.5 at another. That's what I like about the combine; from a statistical perspective, it puts everyone into the same controlled enviroment vs. fast tracks, elevation, etc.

I think Gurley will drop to the second round - that or the Pats take him at #32.

No doubt.
Forget those on campus 40 times. It never fails, they are always faster than the combined times.
You always here, many years ago so and so ran 4.1 forty or something crazy. It'll always be at a ro day or else just on his campus .
Not real