Combine chatter....

VACowboy

Reaction score
BPA might just dictate an offense-heavy draft. That would trigger quite the reaction among the fanbase.

Heh, yep. I, for one, would be just fine taking an offensive starter instead of a defensive guy who "adds depth."

Bluestang

Reaction score
I hope that these big, fast recievers just jumped on many team boards so that a good player may drop to us.

But I also hope that we square away Dez, or else we might be one of those teams too.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope that these big, fast recievers just jumped on many team boards so that a good player may drop to us.

But I also hope that we square away Dez, or else we might be one of those teams too.

IMO, we already are one of those teams. We have Dez, an inconsistent Williams and pretty much nothing behind them as a backup.

Bluestang

Reaction score
IMO, we already are one of those teams. We have Dez, an inconsistent Williams and pretty much nothing behind them as a backup.

It's too early to sweat over depth, once we re-sign who we want to resign the roster will become more clear. I'd like to assume that Beasley isn't going anywhere and Street will get his chance this season.

I'm just pleasantly surprised that alot of the bigger sized WRs ran pretty fast times.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's too early to sweat over depth, once we re-sign who we want to resign the roster will become more clear. I'd like to assume that Beasley isn't going anywhere and Street will get his chance this season.

I'm just pleasantly surprised that alot of the bigger sized WRs ran pretty fast times.

Beasley isn't playing outside. The only guy we really have is Street. Does he excite you? We're one injury away from him starting on this team.

With as pass happy as this league is I would consider WR a pretty significant consideration in the draft.

Bluestang

Reaction score
Beasley isn't playing outside. The only guy we really have is Street. Does he excite you? We're one injury away from him starting on this team.

With as pass happy as this league is I would consider WR a pretty significant consideration in the draft.

Beasley doesn't have to, and Dooley had glowing comments about Street at the end of the season. (Ya I know coach speak)

I'm not really going to get worked up about a 4th, 5th, 6th string guy because they are just that low on the totem pole and when you factor in Witten, and the RB we have they are just fighting for a few targets anyways.

Maybe it will force their hand to use Escobar and Hanna more too since they are options in the passing game too.

scottsp

Reaction score
I was able to check out Lockett in person when K-State came to FtW this past season. Really liked him before that game, and loved him ever since. Plays fast, versatile, and a team captain, a trait which the club has taken a fondness.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
David Johnson helping himself. He is legitimately huge.

Karlos Williams helping himself a lot.

Thought that Gordon would run low 4.4 and maybe crack 4.4 . Still looked very impressive, and he is very quick.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Beasley doesn't have to, and Dooley had glowing comments about Street at the end of the season. (Ya I know coach speak)

I'm not really going to get worked up about a 4th, 5th, 6th string guy because they are just that low on the totem pole and when you factor in Witten, and the RB we have they are just fighting for a few targets anyways.

Maybe it will force their hand to use Escobar and Hanna more too since they are options in the passing game too.

Well see once again you're referring to any WR we draft as a 4th string at best. The problem is Beasley is not a backup to Dez or Williams. Chances are any WR they would draft in the first 3 rounds would be the top backup to both players.

I don't want to go into a season where one injury forces you to trot out marginal prospects like Devin Street as your starting WR and hope you can make up for it with TEs and RBs. What kind of thought process is that in this league of top passing attacks? That would seem to be a last resort type of thing, not an offseason plan.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Williams is a truck. He'd look good busting through holes in silver and blue.

Nirvana

Reaction score
Melvin Gordon looks the part. 40 time was a bit disappointing though. 4.52