Comics and Movies

quickccc

Reaction score
I think NOW is the right time for a real and serious adaptation of Cerebus the Aardvark to make the scene and mix this pot of stale comic movies.
Just don't Howard the Duck it please.

A Maus adaptation could be timely in the next year, or 2...

If a great studio could get the rights to Bone, that could be the next Wind In The Willows for a larger audience that it sorely deserves.

Ironically that's the first thing I thought about it when I looked Cerebus Aardvak , .. Howard the Duck ! ... Uuugh!

Easily the worst Marvel production films ever made !
To this day, i cannot figure out why da heck did Marvel decide to do that ... and how did Marvel manage to dodge copyright infringement lawsuit
from a clear ripoff of Disney's Donald Duck ?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Would you want a new and improved live action film ?... or new and improved animation film ?
I luv the animation series as it was hard core bloody and violent and pulled no punches.

would you include Spawn allies in them ? Such as Angela ?

6a1e8e4e0cccd990d33c68dd16ad6e18.jpg

d86114e194827aacb6961037b5ff9008.jpg
Boy, Image Comics had such a run in the 90's!
Too bad it furthered one of the worst mainstream illustrator's career in Rob Liefeld.
That guy is the worst at anatomy, giving rise to the giant body-tiny head heroes, but he does have great ideas for characters.
Shoot, he made Deadpool, didn't he? Among others.

Just hate his drawing style. If he would have just stuck to creative and got someone like a Marc Silvestri to do his stuff... or like Joe Quesada before he became an editor and a boss...
His ideas wouldn't work with the artwork of say John Romita Jr, but dang! I love that guy's work. Especially when he was doing Daredevil.

quickccc

Reaction score
Boy, Image Comics had such a run in the 90's!
Too bad it furthered one of the worst mainstream illustrator's career in Rob Liefeld.
That guy is the worst at anatomy, giving rise to the giant body-tiny head heroes, but he does have great ideas for characters.
Shoot, he made Deadpool, didn't he? Among others.

Just hate his drawing style. If he would have just stuck to creative and got someone like a Marc Silvestri to do his stuff... or like Joe Quesada before he became an editor and a boss...
His ideas wouldn't work with the artwork of say John Romita Jr, but dang! I love that guy's work. Especially when he was doing Daredevil.
This may be bias on my part .. but when it comes to Daredevil, there is Frank Miller , and it ends there.

Elektra, the Hand, Stick, Bullseye, the Chastle .. all were ultra brilliant writing and artwork from Miller.
Helped place Dardevil on a higher stage by itself when it came to Daredevil, and that includes the Kingpin- Punisher series

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Would you want a new and improved live action film ?... or new and improved animation film ?
I luv the animation series as it was hard core bloody and violent and pulled no punches.

would you include Spawn allies in them ? Such as Angela ?

6a1e8e4e0cccd990d33c68dd16ad6e18.jpg

d86114e194827aacb6961037b5ff9008.jpg
I don't know if the animated series could be improved. That was a 10/10.
But the things they can do with live action now, in the right hands, could make for an incredible film.
I never read the comics, so I don't know any other characters besides his wife and daughter, and Clown. Leguisamo did a good job, but a little over the top for my taste. A younger Danny DeVito would have been spectacular.

quickccc

Reaction score
My mind goes into automatic realistic expectation mode when considering what ifs. I doubt Disney/Marvel will even dream of producing any of those stories in any format. If they do, it will be well after the introduction of the mutants into the MCU.

Personally, I would side with an animation series format because the possibility of it coming true is much more than a live action. Of course, a well-produced and directed live action version of ANY of those stories would kick donkey butt.

I can't say that I would by hyped about that particular Japanese anime style artwork like Batman Ninja. WAY to expressive for my tastes. I would prefer anime style in the fashion of Fate/Zero, Fate/Zero: Unlimited Blade Works or similar if they went that route.

Clean lines. Significant depth in background. Bold but restrain in color and presentation. I would prefer American style artwork like Young Justice for those stories. Hank McCoy would standout and look good in Batman Ninja format but I would enjoy The Beast drawn more 'normally'. Just my opinion.

Marvel Anime: Xmen

Thanks for sharing, I just looked up Fate/Zero Unlimited Blade. to see it's artwork format, but does it seem similar to " Marvel Anime: Xmen "?

I would think that since Marvel production has already produced in that format they would just continue to do so if they consider doing the aforementioned
mini-series, right ?

BTW, i luvved that Marvel Anime: Xmen series artwork format.

quickccc

Reaction score
That's about on a par with the Spider-Man live action series that came out in the late 70's or early 80's.

Wow, I can't believe they just glued a pair of wings to a motorcycle helmet.
lol ... yeh that was so very lazy of them with the painted on chicken wings ... lol

and the guy that portrayed winged Capt America looks like " Elmo' from Three's company.

6ffa689e1ca0c8c6e16059ea7633908e.jpg

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
lol ... yeh that was so very lazy of them with the painted on chicken wings ... lol

and the guy that portrayed winged Capt America looks like " Elmo' from Three's company.

6ffa689e1ca0c8c6e16059ea7633908e.jpg
Hey! Reb Brown is my hero!
I loved him in Space Mutiny... he ended up marrying his co-star. Lady looked like a mixture of Bette Midler and Joy Behar. *shudder*
And that weird Predator/Rambo knock off that I can't remember the name, but now I need to go find it!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Marvel Anime: Xmen

Thanks for sharing, I just looked up Fate/Zero Unlimited Blade. to see it's artwork format, but does it seem similar to " Marvel Anime: Xmen "?

It does not in my opinion. It is more closely representative of Batman Ninja art than Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (I remembered that title wrong before). That said, I would say the dialogue in BN is superior to that particular X-Men anime.

If you ever have time, I would recommend catching some of the fight scenes between heroic spirits in Fate/Stay Night. Fast paced. Intense. Extremely colorful. The attention to detail is excellent frame to frame. Good stuff.