Commanders | B. Lloyd lands contract extension

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Thank you for taking my words out of context. :rolleyes: Just because you mentioned nothing about yardage, doesn't mean it isn't relevant. Since when is a 12 completion the same as a 89 yard one? That is 7 first downs worth of difference there. No, it is not all the same. When I've seen you and many of your brethren brag about how Newman only gave up an average of 2 receptions and 35 yards a game. Apparently, it's only all the same when it applies to which side of the argument you're on.

Yes me mentioning nothing about yardage makes it irrelevant to my post. I did not take your words out of context at all, I quoted them perfectly.

Do you believe "Just one catch" is enough to judge anyone on? If you dont then what exactly are you doing uin the thread? And while yardage may be different who cares when the end result is a TD it does not matter.

I notice you skipped my post of Springs being burned for TDs because it hurt your arguments ehh its ok though you are boring me anyway

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
I don't even know why I'm even responding to you after that crap you pulled with the bet, but here goes.

This whole discussion was talking about Springs as a Commander, in all of your examples you only showed ONE instance of him getting burned as a Commander. Try to stay on topic. Because if I wanted, I could go back to Henry as a Brown and blow this whole discussion out of the water. :) But since doing that has nothing to do with Henry as a Cowboy, why bother? Oh, I know. I guess it helps divert attention from the fact that you're wrong. :)

Furthermore, only the play where you say Crayton beat Springs. I've heard nearly every Boyz fan on here say he beat Taylor. Now, it's Springs. I guess it changes depending on the argument, huh? Now, I know exactly what type of coverage we were in and who was at fault. Gibbs and Gregg Williams both explained it after the game. But the question is do you know?

Let's see if you can be a man of your word, and tell the truth for once. :)

In my examples I showed 2 instances of him as a Commander reread it and comprehend the info given.

Divert attention from me being wrong? I was wrong to say you were being hypocritical by saying "its only one catch" on one CB then ridiculing another for allowing "only one catch"?

On your last statement thats like 99% of Commanders fans saying Moss beat Williams when he in fact beat Glenn. On that pass Springs had the coverage Taylor was the saftey help, I guess if it makes you feel better he in fact burnt both of them ok?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
You really love hyperbole, don't you? You also love taking my words out of context, but I'll forgive you for that. The other posted a quote about ONE CATCH in an entire game. Brought up a whole game of getting owned by a reciever that is of lesser quality than the one who got that one catch.

What game was Henry owned? I hope you arent talking about the game where he allowed the 89 yard catch because after that Lloyd had like 50 yards and was shut down second half

You isolated the first sentence, completely ignored the second. And then pasted the third to make it seem like something it was totally not. This type of dishonesty in discussion is becoming more and more common for you. The fact that it is one catch was the never the actual point of my response, the audacity to compare a 12 completion to an 89 yarder is.

You keep going back to yardage like it had anything to do with my post, MY post was about the blatant hypocracy in your stance that one catch does not matter for one CB but does for another

Talk about moronic stances. :rolleyes: Do me a favor and find where I said Springs never gets burned. Until, then stop telling lies and ****.

near perfect coverage, yada yada you made the post I aint gonna look for it. Why not just admit that Springs HAS been burned before and that harping on ONE pass Henry allowed is moronic until then you A**** troll, go back to ES where you can be with your own ilk

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Yes me mentioning nothing about yardage makes it irrelevant to my post. I did not take your words out of context at all, I quoted them perfectly.

Obviously, you have no idea what taking someone out of context means. :lmao2: Let me break it down for you. If you intentionally omit sentences, that change the complexion of a post. You are taking them out of context. The very reason you even did it is so you could harp on the one catch thing, which had nothing do with the discussion, and had nothing to do with my post. Keep spinning, buddy. :laugh2:

Do you believe "Just one catch" is enough to judge anyone on? If you dont then what exactly are you doing uin the thread? And while yardage may be different who cares when the end result is a TD it does not matter.

This quote is priceless. Do you want to know why? Because I'm not the one who tried to use one catch as a way to judge anyone. It was your friend, peplaw. I see you didn't jump down his neck, probably because he's a Cowboys fan and he's defending your boys and you're fine with that. This quote above all else shows how much of a homer you are. The sad thing is, you continue to look foolish and don't even realize it.

You also fail to realize Lloyd scored a touchdown on that 89 yarder and Chad Johnson didn't. Now after your last statement, does it still not matter? :lmao2:

I notice you skipped my post of Springs being burned for TDs because it hurt your arguments ehh its ok though you are boring me anyway

I didn't skip your post, I commented on the only example you had that happened while Springs was a Commander. Maybe your IQ isn't high enough, but I do believe I explained that to you. Maybe you should go back to page one and read this entire thread before creating post that aren't relevant to this discussion. Or you could quit now, before you dig yourself in an even deeper hole. Which ever one you choose is fine with me, this is fun. :)

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
On your last statement thats like 99% of Commanders fans saying Moss beat Williams when he in fact beat Glenn. On that pass Springs had the coverage Taylor was the saftey help, I guess if it makes you feel better he in fact burnt both of them ok?

Wrong again. You're on a roll, buddy. The blame goes to Taylor. The Skins were playing a zone. Springs released Crayton to Taylor, but Taylor hesitated when he saw Keyshawn run the post towards the middle of the field. Springs slowed down, then tried to catch back up to Crayton to make up for Taylor's mistake. Taylor didn't realize it until the ball was already in the air. This was explained at least twice by Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams.

I guess it would've made me feel better if you'd actually tried to get something right, for once.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill said:
Would not this Commander post fit better in the NFL section?

I agree, it would. It really didn't have anything to do with the Cowboys in the beginning.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
I appreciate your honesty on both plays, but I have one little disagreement. I don't think it had anything to do with the Cowboys D disrespecting Rattay's arm. The pass really wasn't that deep at all. Henry was still in man coverage, and he still made a bad move by allowing himself to get turned around, regardless of whether or not he thought Davis would have him over the top, he should've been in better position than that.

Thats funny. I didnt make the clip long enough but johnston said right after the clip ended that Williams and the dallas defense said going in the long ball wasnt an issue because rattay doesnt have the arm strength. That explains to me why henry forced him inside, in the process turning himself around, but you can do that if you think it is a 15 yard skinny post and have a safey over the top, and as the video clearly shows, his help betrayed him.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
What game was Henry owned? I hope you arent talking about the game where he allowed the 89 yard catch because after that Lloyd had like 50 yards and was shut down second half

Yes, that game. How do you shut a guy down, yet allow him to gain 50 more yards on you? :lmao2: He got owned, period.

You keep going back to yardage like it had anything to do with my post, MY post was about the blatant hypocracy in your stance that one catch does not matter for one CB but does for another

Stop spinning and admit you took my post out of context. Is one catch better than another catch? Sure, when one is for 89 yards and a touchdown, while the other is for 12 measly yards. Stop acting like a 5 year old and get it through your thick skull. You intentionally misquoted my post, and you now want to act like you didn't. You're being really pathetic right now.

near perfect coverage, yada yada you made the post I aint gonna look for it. Why not just admit that Springs HAS been burned before and that harping on ONE pass Henry allowed is moronic until then you A**** troll, go back to ES where you can be with your own ilk

:lmao2: Oh, so you can claim I said something but you can't go back to find out if I actually said it or not?

TRANSLATION: I know I'm wrong, and I'm too immature and dim-witted to admit it. So instead, I'll ignore the fact that I claimed you said something you never said and continue to be a complete idiot in front of the entire cowboyszone community.

So like I said, prove it. It's 'put up or shut up' time.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
theebs said:
Thats funny. I didnt make the clip long enough but johnston said right after the clip ended that Williams and the dallas defense said going in the long ball wasnt an issue because rattay doesnt have the arm strength. That explains to me why henry forced him inside, in the process turning himself around, but you can do that if you think it is a 15 yard skinny post and have a safey over the top, and as the video clearly shows, his help betrayed him.

That's cool, I didn't know that. I just watched the clip and saw it really wasn't that deep a pass and most QBs in the league could've thrown it. Yet wouldn't you agree that any Cornerbacks coach would tell his DBs to not make the assumption that your safety will bail you out in man coverage? I can understand if Henry was playing a zone, but he had man coverage. I specifically saw Henry get his hips turned when Lloyd faked towards the outside. That is where he got beat, he couldn't recover in time to stop the play.

I agree that if Davis wouldn't have blown his coverage, he should've been able to defense the completion. Yet it doesn't change the fact that Henry got beat, and it resulted in a huge play.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
I'll check this thread later. I got some studying to do. I'll be looking forward to your next post, theebs.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Yes, that game. How do you shut a guy down, yet allow him to gain 50 more yards on you? :lmao2: He got owned, period.

brunell got owned by the cowboys in the second game last year. after the third quarter, he did nothing.

parchy

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
That's cool, I didn't know that. I just watched the clip and saw it really wasn't that deep a pass and most QBs in the league could've thrown it. Yet wouldn't you agree that any Cornerbacks coach would tell his DBs to not make the assumption that your safety will bail you out in man coverage? I can understand if Henry was playing a zone, but he had man coverage. I specifically saw Henry get his hips turned when Lloyd faked towards the outside. That is where he got beat, he couldn't recover in time to stop the play.

I agree that if Davis wouldn't have blown his coverage, he should've been able to defense the completion. Yet it doesn't change the fact that Henry got beat, and it resulted in a huge play.

I'm still trying to figure out why this is the only play you're talking about. It's a long season, y'know. I think you'll get everybody to agree that BOTH 49er receivers had good days (but you didn't sign Arnez Battle so it doesn't count, right?), and both Cowboys corners had bad ones. Look at his stats covering the entire year (and his career, really). As I said before, I have a few buddies who are Niner fans and they were mostly happy to see him go. He has maybe 3 or 4 big games a year and absolutely disappears otherwise. But hey, if you guys were looking for another #3 receiver after you got Randle El, you got him.

Reaction score
As long as LLoyd and Moss continue to score TD's on you guys, who cares what you label them.

#3's, #2's, hell you can call them benchwarming sock puppets for all I care. All I know is you couldn't stop us with only one reciever and a TE last year. You won't stop us with 3 recievers and Two TE's this year.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
ArmchairRedskin said:
As long as LLoyd and Moss continue to score TD's on you guys, who cares what you label them.

#3's, #2's, hell you can call them benchwarming sock puppets for all I care. All I know is you couldn't stop us with only one reciever and a TE last year. You won't stop us with 3 recievers and Two TE's this year.

Correction: 2 WRs, a TE wannabe and Kordell Stewart clone with less talent

And it wont matter what you have, has noodle arm will not be get them the ball on a consistant basis

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:

Yep I agree, you cant get turned around. It does look like it was man coverage however, It looks like a 3-4 over 2 man under style defense, Keith davis is supposed to be there for henry, but henry cant turn around like that. He either thought the play was going to the sideline or was forcing him inside intentionally. The safeties though were in a 2 man under, or tampa 2 setting though and how Davis steps up is beyond me, but he did, no big deal.

Last time I checked we won that game!! Keith davis was in his third start, in a new defense so that stuff happens. It cost us the game against washington, but it did not cost us the game against the niners. Learning curve is big when you are a new starter in a new defense.

I think most of it has to do with the fact that they didnt respect rattay going in though. Again though if you want to dog henry for this game that is fine, I can pull highlights of him playing outstanding against the eagles, giants, skins, zona etc.....He is a good corner and the injury ruined the second half of our season and hurt our run defense alot.

kapolani

Reaction score
ArmchairRedskin said:

Every dog has his day.

You guys have to win a couple once and a while.

As long as my Boy's keep dominating you like the have been for the last gazillion years then I'll be happy.

How many wins do you guys have against us over the last several years again?

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Correction: 2 WRs, a TE wannabe and Kordell Stewart clone with less talent

And it wont matter what you have, has noodle arm will not be get them the ball on a consistant basis

Looky here. It's mister Commanders obsessed himself. Like I said, call them what you want. That TE wannabe scored 3 TD's all by himself last game. He ran straight over your guys on his way to do it too.

Noodle arm had enough to pass for 454 yards and 6 TD's on you last year. :)

Randle El is the X factor in all of this, however, I'm sure you dissed the Moss signing last year, so who cares what you think, really.

Reaction score
kapolani said:
Every dog has his day.

You guys have to win a couple once and a while.

As long as my Boy's keep dominating you like the have been for the last gazillion years then I'll be happy.

How many wins do you guys have against us over the last several years again?

:laugh2: Nice comeback. :rolleyes:

SkinRamon

Reaction score
I love this rivalry now. It's the best games of the year and the whole league pays attention to our matchups. Our division is the class of the NFL. Screw the friggin Seahawks and their pansy-division. The NFC South is a two-team division again. NFC North? Come on.

It's the Skins or Cowboys to win the East this year.

(Eli still needs to marinate a little more, Tiki's a year older --- and their secondary still sucks). Philly getting Darren Howard doesn't make up for the fact that they'll be depending on Pinkston, Greg Lewis, and a good but not great Reggie Brown to pick up the slack without TO.