Commanders | B. Lloyd lands contract extension

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
theebs said:
Henry had nothing to do with the plays to moss, they were on the other side of the field. R U this naive.

I bet you dont even know why that play worked. You think it is because someone is great and because someone sucks...lol....

Whenever you get the knowledge of why that play worked come back and post until then I would be saying things like henry gave up 2 bombs to moss...it makes you look very sad in my eyes.

youre a little late. i acknowledged it was glenn.

and i dont really care why the play worked- as long as it did.

i have actually asked why moss was left in essentially single coverage with a 13 and 6 point lead when he was the only real deep threat on the field and nobody knows.

tell me why.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
riggo said:
i read what you typed, you flake. it was just incredibly dumb and desparate.

jeezus- i was trying to let you off by saying it must have been a joke, but you had to be an *** about it. oh well. keep up the insightful posts.

my mistake about the bombs to moss. glenn/henry. who can keep up after several beers?

Dumb and desperate to point out the obvious idiocy of saying "its only one catch" and then ripping another player for allowing "only one catch" You must be drunk to not see how lame you look right now

ahh you corrected yourself on the CB's I figured thats why it took so long to reply you had to go look up what happened in the game your team played in.

Now listen closely little troll, 1 catch for a 99 yard TD is the same result as 1 catch for a 1 yard TD, you do understand the result is what matters right?

Also your dimwitted friend is the one claiming Springs never gets burned. which has been proven false and yet here you are defending his moronic stances

clayman

Reaction score
Well it wasn't as crafted a play as the TD to Clayton to win the game in 2004....that was gold sending Key deep to gain the respect of rookie Taylor then BOOM ...Clayton down the sideline for the game winner. Moss just used his speed to get behind us....the second time when down six I'll never understand how our D let that happen.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Dumb and desperate to point out the obvious idiocy of saying "its only one catch" and then ripping another player for allowing "only one catch" You must be drunk to not see how lame you look right now

ahh you corrected yourself on the CB's I figured thats why it took so long to reply you had to go look up what happened in the game your team played in.

Now listen closely little troll, 1 catch for a 99 yard TD is the same result as 1 catch for a 1 yard TD, you do understand the result is what matters right?

Also your dimwitted friend is the one claiming Springs never gets burned. which has been proven false and yet here you are defending his moronic stances

"listen closely little troll"?? oh, god.

you should have just taken the out.

honestly, after seeing newman get run over twice in one game by RB/HB's and seeing glenn burned twice by moss, i can't keep up with who is who. like you said- its the end result that matters.

bigD- when someone makes a dumb comment, you should just let it go. trying to defend it with another silly comment and put downs doesnt earn any respect from visiting skins fans. it makes you look silly and homerish.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
riggo said:
youre a little late. i acknowledged it was glenn.

and i dont really care why the play worked- as long as it did.

i have actually asked why moss was left in essentially single coverage with a 13 and 6 point lead when he was the only real deep threat on the field and nobody knows.

tell me why.

C this is what I am talking about, you are here talking smack and you dont even understand. It was never one on one. It was a well designed play, a bad read from roy williams and an underestimation by williams how strong brunnells arm was.

If you must know I will give you the answer since you will never get it. Moss was lined up tight in a "close" formation. Williams was the deep help over the top and glenn was covering moss. NOw in a close formation glenn is responsible for the out-sideline, so if moss acts like he is going to the sideline he has to make that play because of the close formation. The close formation is moss lined up closer to the tackle, allowing more space and hence causing the corner to have to respect the sideline. Now glenn does this and gets turned around, he does this thinking he has deep help in williams, now williams has acknowledged he didnt respect brunells arm and read the wr coming over the middle, off the top of my head I cant remember if it was patten, thrash or cooley, doesnt matter roy moved.

Now from brunnells point of view he knows this pre-snap, glenn has to cover the sideline, ball is snapped moss forces glenn to the outside and goes inside......and the read brunell is looking for is williams moving, he did the ball is thrown perfectly and that is a touchdown, well designed, well executed.

Not because glenn sucks, williams sucks etc. It was a well designed play and executed outstandingly by the skins....

I am also going to put this lloyd burned henry crap to bed right now. This is nearly an identical play only it is not a close formation. Again Dallas didnt respect rattays arm and they were looking for middle of the field or intermediate throws......

so here you go henry forces loyd inside and gets turned around in the process expecting Keith Davis to be there.....again, davis has made the underneath read and blows the coverage, henry is screwed.

Dont believe me...watch the quick vid explaining how Keith Davis blows the play. http://www.4shared.com/file/1362282/b11445c/loyd_davis.html

You know what it is no big deal to me, Keith davis was starting his third game in a new defense....learning process.....

Now if you want to make loyd who is a very good player out to be randy moss and henry out to be garbage that is your business, but at least get your facts straight..

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
theebs said:
C this is what I am talking about, you are here talking smack and you dont even understand. It was never one on one. It was a well designed play, a bad read from roy williams and an underestimation by williams how strong brunnells arm was.

i have asked this question twice and this is the first time i have heard anyone on this board say williams made a bad read. its always been 'a bad defensive play call'.

interesting stuff. thanks for the reply.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
riggo said:
"listen closely little troll"?? oh, god.

you should have just taken the out.

honestly, after seeing newman get run over twice in one game by RB/HB's and seeing glenn burned twice by moss, i can't keep up with who is who. like you said- its the end result that matters.

Now you wanna bring up Newman? lmao The Commanders would love to have a corner as good as Newman, you are better off leaving him out of the conversation since he would be #1 on your team.

As for the rest I notice you totally avoided everything I said which is expected from trolls like yourself.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
riggo said:
i have asked this question twice and this is the first time i have heard anyone on this board say williams made a bad read. its always been 'a bad defensive play call'.

interesting stuff. thanks for the reply.

Well if you read the whole post u will see what I am saying, the defensive play call is fine, the offense executed the play perfectly, the close formation forced glenn into having to read and react.

Some people will have you think the ball was just hiked and moss ran past both guys, that is not the case. Good play call, bad read, great throw, great formation..

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Now you wanna bring up Newman? lmao The Commanders would love to have a corner as good as Newman, you are better off leaving him out of the conversation since he would be #1 on your team.

As for the rest I notice you totally avoided everything I said which is expected from trolls like yourself.

i edited my reply to you. (post 164) check it out.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
riggo said:
bigD- when someone makes a dumb comment, you should just let it go. trying to defend it with another silly comment and put downs doesnt earn any respect from visiting skins fans. it makes you look silly and homerish.

Now I want you to read closely what you just wrote. Now go back and show me ANYWHERE in this thread where I agreed with the "12 yard pass" being important. Can you do that? No the part I commented on was the blatant hypocrisy at saying "its just one play" the railing another player about ONE PLAY. Do you understand yet? Do I need to draw a picture in stick figures for you to understand?

As for defending dumb comments, maybe you should look at the persons comments to whom you are defending it was your Commanders breathern that said Springs doesn't get burned that is the dumb coment in this thread and he is the one you are defending.

It doesn;t get any simpler, I am sorry if you lack the IQ to understand.

kapolani

Reaction score
It's funny how they all talk when the foreskins win a couple of games against us.

It's also funny how much smack they talk when they have a decent season, get lucky in their win in the playoffs, then promptly bow out when the finally play a superior team.

I have the same conversations with all the foreskins around here.

We've owned them for the last gazillion years.

You win some and you lose some. The streak we've had against them was bound to end sooner or later. It just happened to be last year.

I'd like to see how much smack they talk when they have a horrible season like the one they're about to have this year.

#1skins fan

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
3 head coaches, 5 defensive coordinators ago.... and ONE owner. There is a common thread, don't play like you're a completely different franchise. Danny Boy still likes the big splash signing.

And the point about Portis and Moss is, it's not a FA move. Trading and extending is different, because you gave up Champ Bailey, a #1 draft pick, and Laveraneus Coles. There was more cost that just contract figures.

You know the more I look at it, Moss still has something to prove. Let's put two solid years together in a row before we label him worth the money. And as for Portis, let's see him do the same, outside of Denver. What you Commanders fans are forgetting is all the breaks you got last year. Not saying these two won't be good again this year, but they may not be as unbelievably great as you all think.

You're right, I don't watch Commanders games, unless they're playing the Cowboys. But Springs had a drop off last year, you can't deny that. 5 picks the year before, dropped to 1.

You don't watch Commander games but Sprongs definately had a drop off last year???????????? You judge a corner on interceptions??? Nobody threw at Springs last year. Portis???? I guess you think Julius Jones is better? Moss has had big years prior, just was in the wrong system in NY. And if you only watched Cowboys vs Skins games, what exactly did your wr's do against Springs??? You scored two tds on us last year???? Think before you post. I do watch the Cowboys when they aren't opposite of the Skins, so I can speak with some sense. I have a vested interest in any team playing against the Boys. Makes the games fun to watch.

#1skins fan

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
All you said is you don't remember him getting burned as a Commander... That's what I was responding to.

He would be starting over Henry. I love that someone posts a Post article about a game against Chad Johnston? Funny thing is didn't Chad Johnston torch Champ Bailey when they went head to head?? Also your article doesn't mention the Skins D completely shutout the Bengals offense and Chad Johnston in the second half of that game.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
#1skins fan said:
He would be starting over Henry. I love that someone posts a Post article about a game against Chad Johnston? Funny thing is didn't Chad Johnston torch Champ Bailey when they went head to head?? Also your article doesn't mention the Skins D completely shutout the Bengals offense and Chad Johnston in the second half of that game.
Are you trying to say Chad Johnson? WR of the Bengals?

Johnson came into his own in 2005. Palmer at QB was a huge difference for the Bengals.

I wouldn't count on "shutting him down" again if I were you. That's good advice.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Well if you use your brain (see that was a joke) you would see I mentioned nothing about any yardage only that while gamebreaker says "it was only one catch" then comes bacl and talks smack about 1 catch who cares how many yards it was if there is a TD on the other end it is all the same.

Thank you for taking my words out of context. :rolleyes: Just because you mentioned nothing about yardage, doesn't mean it isn't relevant. Since when is a 12 completion the same as a 89 yard one? That is 7 first downs worth of difference there. No, it is not all the same. When I've seen you and many of your brethren brag about how Newman only gave up an average of 2 receptions and 35 yards a game. Apparently, it's only all the same when it applies to which side of the argument you're on.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
OK, why don't you read the whole thread thank you. As for the article about Springs, I googled that and found an Article from a WASHINGTON media outlet. It really doesn't matter what the yardage was, that wasn't the point. The point is your homeboy said that Springs hasn't been burned.

I don't appreciate being lied on. Stand by your own statements, don't put any in my mouth. This is what I said of Springs before you quoted your article that proved absolutely nothing,"As far as his coverage, he's been nearly perfect." And I also said,"When has Springs been burnt so bad as a Commander to warrant this type of judgement?"

How is that stating he's never been burned? Furthermore, getting beat for a 12 completion isn't considered getting burned. Corners get burned when they give up 40 yards or more. When a quarterback decides to go deep on them. Like LLoyd catching a 89 yarder on your boy, Henry. Or Moss burning Aaron Glenn twice in a row. That is getting burned. A 12 yard completion doesn't compare, and you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to pass such silly logic off in this discussion.

Also, if that is the best you can find on Springs as a Commander. How does that prove he's only a #2 corner, as you say? I really do want you try and rationalize that. This should be fun.

It's arguable who's the better CB, Springs or Henry.

No, it's not arguable. It's arguable who's better between Newman and Springs. Arguing for Henry is barely worth a discussion.

Should have known this thread would attract all the Commander trolls. Where were you guys yesterday, when I had more time to debate? Clowns

Sure, you have no time to debate once everyone has seen how completely moronic your comments have been. No lie, you are overestimating the worth of your own player and underestimating the worth of a player you've admitted you've only watched play when he's played your team. You've pretty much admitted your opinion in this discussion is about the same in worth as sand in the Sahara.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Obviously we are smarter than you guys since you know we can actually read. I simply said saying "it was only one catch" for one guy and then railing another for allowing "only one catch" was hypocritical You understand the concept correct? If you need I can explain further

Also just because you said only a first down completion, it was completed to the 1 so the TD you might as well put on the CB, if you need further evidence of a CB getting burned go watch Our #3 WR burn Springs in his rookie year. or TO Burn him and then sign the ball with a sharpie, or the November 2004 game where Springs was again beat by Ownes for a TD, or October 2002 when Garcia completed a long pass to TO to burn you guessed it Shawn Springs (notice a pattern),

One of my favorties is 2003 when Rod Gardner of all people beat Springs for a long TD while Springs was interfering

but that was only 5 catches

I don't even know why I'm even responding to you after that crap you pulled with the bet, but here goes.

This whole discussion was talking about Springs as a Commander, in all of your examples you only showed ONE instance of him getting burned as a Commander. Try to stay on topic. Because if I wanted, I could go back to Henry as a Brown and blow this whole discussion out of the water. :) But since doing that has nothing to do with Henry as a Cowboy, why bother? Oh, I know. I guess it helps divert attention from the fact that you're wrong. :)

Furthermore, only the play where you say Crayton beat Springs. I've heard nearly every Boyz fan on here say he beat Taylor. Now, it's Springs. I guess it changes depending on the argument, huh? Now, I know exactly what type of coverage we were in and who was at fault. Gibbs and Gregg Williams both explained it after the game. But the question is do you know?

Let's see if you can be a man of your word, and tell the truth for once. :)

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:

You really love hyperbole, don't you? You also love taking my words out of context, but I'll forgive you for that. The other posted a quote about ONE CATCH in an entire game. Brought up a whole game of getting owned by a reciever that is of lesser quality than the one who got that one catch.

You seem to have a problem with twisting arguments to your liking. Unforunately for you, reality doesn't agree with you. Here is the entire post you incorrectly keep harping on.

It was one ****ing catch. Every corner in the league is going to give up a 12 yard completion to an All-Pro wide reciever. Big deal.

It still doesn't compare to getting raped for 89 yards by a reciever who isn't close to being All-Pro. :laugh2: Still think Henry is a better corner?

You isolated the first sentence, completely ignored the second. And then pasted the third to make it seem like something it was totally not. This type of dishonesty in discussion is becoming more and more common for you. The fact that it is one catch was the never the actual point of my response, the audacity to compare a 12 completion to an 89 yarder is.

Talk about moronic stances. :rolleyes: Do me a favor and find where I said Springs never gets burned. Until, then stop telling lies and ****.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
theebs said:
I am also going to put this lloyd burned henry crap to bed right now. This is nearly an identical play only it is not a close formation. Again Dallas didnt respect rattays arm and they were looking for middle of the field or intermediate throws......

so here you go henry forces loyd inside and gets turned around in the process expecting Keith Davis to be there.....again, davis has made the underneath read and blows the coverage, henry is screwed.

Dont believe me...watch the quick vid explaining how Keith Davis blows the play. http://www.4shared.com/file/1362282/b11445c/loyd_davis.html

You know what it is no big deal to me, Keith davis was starting his third game in a new defense....learning process.....

Now if you want to make loyd who is a very good player out to be randy moss and henry out to be garbage that is your business, but at least get your facts straight..

I appreciate your honesty on both plays, but I have one little disagreement. I don't think it had anything to do with the Cowboys D disrespecting Rattay's arm. The pass really wasn't that deep at all. Henry was still in man coverage, and he still made a bad move by allowing himself to get turned around, regardless of whether or not he thought Davis would have him over the top, he should've been in better position than that.