Commanders | B. Lloyd lands contract extension

Eskimo

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Rivera had no injury when we signed him, Whale wanted to go to Carolina I believe he is from there and its the only place he visited

He had the back injury after we signed him not before and before week 16 last season he had not missed a game in 8 years

People keep saying this but it is not entirely true. You have to understand the natual history of degenerative discs. If you look at the injury report from late 2004 you will see Rivera was having some issues with his back but still ended up playing. Those issues with his back in retrospect may have been the beginnings of a disc herniation which ultimately became a big problem shortly after he was signed.

Anyhow, Rivera definitely is now showing severe signs of ageing - had a back injury, neck injury and needed his elbows scoped after the season.

Hopefully we can milk two more seasons out of him where he plays at an average level of play for an OG.

burmafrd

Reaction score
So if Henry is going downhill now- not even 30- then what is Springs at 31 going on towards 32 with more years of mileage on his legs doing? staying the same? how likely is that?

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
*SIGH* Speaking of so two years ago, this thread is so yesterday. But since you mentioned it.

:rolleyes: Yeah, right. Threads go on for days, you just wish your comments would disappear as quickly as possible. Sorry to disappoint you.

Here's a couple of stats from Portis's first year with WASH, that hardly set the world on fire. 3.8 YPC, 5 TDs. Don't get all ruffled up over Portis, I just want to see if he can repeat last years stats. I would hardly say it's guaranteed.

Did you forget the 1,300 yards, or are rushing yards not important for a HB to you? Futhermore, considering 3 out of 4 seasons he had 1,500+ yards and double digit touchdowns to boot. Yes, it is pretty much a guarantee you'll see more of the same.

As for Springs I don't have the stats that indicate how many times he was throgn against, but the INT wasn't the only statistical dropoff. Less tackles, less sacks... I realize these aren't the best indicators of CB production. How about this question? Where would he be on the Cowboys' depth chart?

There aren't any statistics that show how well a corner performs. You actually have to watch the games and make that assessment for yourself, something you've admitted you don't. By the way, please tell me how having less tackles and sacks as a corner is a bad thing? I'm curious.

As far as your question, Springs would be starting and making Henry the nickel corner.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
All you said is you don't remember him getting burned as a Commander... That's what I was responding to.

It was one ****ing catch. Every corner in the league is going to give up a 12 yard completion to an All-Pro wide reciever. Big deal.

It still doesn't compare to getting raped for 89 yards by a reciever who isn't close to being All-Pro. :laugh2: Still think Henry is a better corner?

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
hendog said:
4 yrs. - 48 million - 18 million guaranteed - 1/2 ownership of Washington Wizards - the Washington Monument and George Washington's false teeth.:D
:lmao2: That is soooooooo wrong:lmao2:

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
BTW, did you watch that game with Lloyd burning Henry?? Or did you just hear some rumor that Lloyd beat Henry? Lloyd had 4 catches for 142 yards... the long one was 89. Everyone gets burned once in a while. Even your boy Champ Bailey. Take away that one catch and the rest of his stats are 3 catches for 53 yards. Good yes, but saying he "schooled Henry" is just homerism on your part.

Who takes away the best play of a player? You don't. He burned, badly. That factors into his performance.

If anyone is being a homer, it is you, who would try to rationalize allowing a player to have a 100 yard game as not getting schooled. :laugh2: :lmao2:

parchy

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Who takes away the best play of a player? You don't. He burned, badly. That factors into his performance.

If anyone is being a homer, it is you, who would try to rationalize allowing a player to have a 100 yard game as not getting schooled. :laugh2: :lmao2:

I talked to my buddy who is a big time Niners fan and told me mostly bad things about Lloyd. He has maybe 2 or 3 big/good games a year and completely disappears when it matters. Sounds a little like Randle El...

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
BTW, did you watch that game with Lloyd burning Henry?? Or did you just hear some rumor that Lloyd beat Henry? Lloyd had 4 catches for 142 yards... the long one was 89. Everyone gets burned once in a while. Even your boy Champ Bailey. Take away that one catch and the rest of his stats are 3 catches for 53 yards. Good yes, but saying he "schooled Henry" is just homerism on your part.

good god, man. 4 catches for 142- whether or not one was for 89- isnt 'getting schooled'?

nothing homerish about that. it is what it is.

of course, this is the same poster who considers giving up a 12 yard pass- not even for a TD- being 'burned'.

seek help. you are insane.

keep on, gamebreaker. :)

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Double standard much

c'mon, big D.

a 12 yard catch vs an 89 yarder (plus another 3 for 52).... not even close. you know it.

how could you attempt to defend such a comment?

nevermind- it must have been a joke....i get it.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Double standard much

:lmao2:

A first down completion compared to a game breaking 89 yard reception?

I thought you guys on this board were smart, come on now

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
riggo said:
c'mon, big D.

a 12 yard catch vs an 89 yarder (plus another 3 for 52).... not even close. you know it.

how could you attempt to defend such a comment?

nevermind- it must have been a joke....i get it.

Well if you use your brain (see that was a joke) you would see I mentioned nothing about any yardage only that while gamebreaker says "it was only one catch" then comes bacl and talks smack about 1 catch who cares how many yards it was if there is a TD on the other end it is all the same.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
riggo said:
good god, man. 4 catches for 142- whether or not one was for 89- isnt 'getting schooled'?

nothing homerish about that. it is what it is.

of course, this is the same poster who considers giving up a 12 yard pass- not even for a TD- being 'burned'.

seek help. you are insane.

keep on, gamebreaker. :)
OK, why don't you read the whole thread thank you. As for the article about Springs, I googled that and found an Article from a WASHINGTON media outlet. It really doesn't matter what the yardage was, that wasn't the point. The point is your homeboy said that Springs hasn't been burned. Which is ridiculous, everyone gets burned. Just cause I can't recall an exact play doesn't mean it hasn't happened. As I said I don't watch Commanders games. Just so happens I worked on Sundays last two seasons, and try to catch whatever games I can. Just like probably zero of you RedStink fans watched the Boys-Niners game last year. So you see the yardage on the catch, that it was a TD and you hear it was on Henry and you say "OOOOH he got BURNED!" In all honesty probably 5-10% of you know what happened. The rest of you are spewing what you heard.

It's arguable who's the better CB, Springs or Henry. I say Henry and obviously you guys say Springs. The fact of the matter remains they're both good #2 CBs. None of you can seriously debate that Springs is better than Newman.

Should have known this thread would attract all the Commander trolls. Where were you guys yesterday, when I had more time to debate? Clowns:skins:

Edit: BTW if you want to see someone who's insane, go read the rest of the thread. Don't jump in at the end and try to pick a fight. All the things you're harping at me for, you don't know the context of.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Well if you use your brain (see that was a joke) you would see I mentioned nothing about any yardage only that while gamebreaker says "it was only one catch" then comes bacl and talks smack about 1 catch who cares how many yards it was if there is a TD on the other end it is all the same.

technically correct, but you still know what he meant. 1 catch for 12 yards < 1 catch for 89 and a TD.

must be slow today.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
OK, why don't you read the whole thread thank you. As for the article about Springs, I googled that and found an Article from a WASHINGTON media outlet. It really doesn't matter what the yardage was, that wasn't the point. The point is your homeboy said that Springs hasn't been burned. Which is ridiculous, everyone gets burned. Just cause I can't recall an exact play doesn't mean it hasn't happened. As I said I don't watch Commanders games. Just so happens I worked on Sundays last two seasons, and try to catch whatever games I can. Just like probably zero of you RedStink fans watched the Boys-Niners game last year. So you see the yardage on the catch, that it was a TD and you hear it was on Henry and you say "OOOOH he got BURNED!" In all honesty probably 5-10% of you know what happened. The rest of you are spewing what you heard.

It's arguable who's the better CB, Springs or Henry. I say Henry and obviously you guys say Springs. The fact of the matter remains they're both good #2 CBs. None of you can seriously debate that Springs is better than Newman.

Should have known this thread would attract all the Commander trolls. Where were you guys yesterday, when I had more time to debate? Clowns:skins:

Edit: BTW if you want to see someone who's insane, go read the rest of the thread. Don't jump in at the end and try to pick a fight. All the things you're harping at me for, you don't know the context of.

all of what you typed doesnt refute anything i posted.

trying to say that a CB got 'burned' and citing as your best example a 12 yard pass is laughable.

btw- how did henry giving up the 2 bombs to moss get overlooked?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
:lmao2:

A first down completion compared to a game breaking 89 yard reception?

I thought you guys on this board were smart, come on now

Obviously we are smarter than you guys since you know we can actually read. I simply said saying "it was only one catch" for one guy and then railing another for allowing "only one catch" was hypocritical You understand the concept correct? If you need I can explain further

Also just because you said only a first down completion, it was completed to the 1 so the TD you might as well put on the CB, if you need further evidence of a CB getting burned go watch Our #3 WR burn Springs in his rookie year. or TO Burn him and then sign the ball with a sharpie, or the November 2004 game where Springs was again beat by Ownes for a TD, or October 2002 when Garcia completed a long pass to TO to burn you guessed it Shawn Springs (notice a pattern),

One of my favorties is 2003 when Rod Gardner of all people beat Springs for a long TD while Springs was interfering

but that was only 5 catches

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
riggo said:
technically correct, but you still know what he meant. 1 catch for 12 yards < 1 catch for 89 and a TD.

must be slow today.

technically correct which is also know as "Oh yes I decided to read what you wrote instead of trying to read into it, I realize now that you were in fact correct and I am a moron for trying to imply you said anything else"

My advice try reading what is written and dont be so hard on yourself not everybody can understand football talk

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
riggo said:

trying to say that a CB got 'burned' and citing as your best example a 12 yard pass is laughable.

Probably because it didn't happen, what kind of troll are you that doesn't even know what happened in a game his "team" was a part of?

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
technically correct which is also know as "Oh yes I decided to read what you wrote instead of trying to read into it, I realize now that you were in fact correct and I am a moron for trying to imply you said anything else"

My advice try reading what is written and dont be so hard on yourself not everybody can understand football talk

i read what you typed, you flake. it was just incredibly dumb and desparate.

jeezus- i was trying to let you off by saying it must have been a joke, but you had to be an *** about it. oh well. keep up the insightful posts.

my mistake about the bombs to moss. glenn/henry. who can keep up after several beers?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
riggo said:

Henry had nothing to do with the plays to moss, they were on the other side of the field. R U this naive.

I bet you dont even know why that play worked. You think it is because someone is great and because someone sucks...lol....

Whenever you get the knowledge of why that play worked come back and post until then I would be saying things like henry gave up 2 bombs to moss...it makes you look very sad in my eyes.