Commanders Fan on the T.O Signing.

Way 'nuff

Reaction score
AmishCowboy said:
well, I hope Parcells history with problem childs like L.T., Bryan Cox and keyshawn holds true. Thet all seem to respect him and don't act up.

Yeah, Parcells has done well with people of this ilk.

Now maybe this is just me, but at the end of the season last year, Parcells just looked old and tired. You guys would know more about it than I would, but he just looked worn down, thats just what I saw from an outsiders perspective.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Parcells look old and tired just like Gibbs did at the end of 2004, his first year back when he looked overmatched at times!. Winning seems to awake these old guys.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
I was saving that tidbit. :bang2: . I should have known better. haha. Thanks.

At some point, I had to get over my extreme personal disgust, and start thinking about what happens on the field with him on the team... my first thought was that the Iggles were a pass-happy team when TO was with them, and the Cowboys are more of a ball-control team...

Mind you, I expect that Parcells will take advantage of the guy's talents, and open up the passing game some, but he'll never throw it as often as the Iggles did... that sent me over to NFL.com to look up the passing stats, which confirmed my subjective opinion...

Then, I suddenly remembered the utter crap that made up the rest of the Iggles' wide receiver corps, and thought about how there were at least a coupla significantly better receivers in Dallas... obviously, having dreck surrounding him meant that TO was gonna get the vast majority of the looks, but in Dallas Glenn and Crayton will get plays designed for them, too...

danny0812

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Is that why Drew hasnt come close to doing what Donovan has done as a starter in the past few years?

drew has played all 16 games the last 4 years? can donovan say that? looking at stats last few years i believe one of those years was blown up by the presence of who? oh yeah this TO guy ya speak of. hell bledsoe setting his sights on top 5 in passing yards all time. you honestly believe mcnabb will even break top 10? not as long as he whines about not being the only star in philly. go cry on andy reids shoulder some more Donovan and let Drew show ya how to use that awesome reciever you HAD at your disposal.

:trophy: let me know when donovan fills that case for ya

PrimeTime#21

Reaction score
jterrell said:
LOL.

1st let me say this Philly torn apart thing is really overblown.
The Eagles did have TO driven major league dissension but the wins and losses were largely a result of McNabb being hurt, not having a RB who could run up the middle and the wear and tear of playing in all those consecutive championship games. See the Pats this year. Were they torn apart or did they simply wear down?

2nd the Commanders sign any and everyone they can. They have guys going to trial for goodness sakes and a portion of the team is barely in DC long enough to make games because they are so busy catching flights to Miami. Sell outs? Please. Maybe a Steeler fan could argue something like that but a Commander fan? Thats rich. You are the guys who signed Deion to a major deal after he limped outta Dallas.
Deion is my man and when he came to DC he Got a big signing bonus a new house filled with furniture, he played a year and promptly retired and took more of Little Daniel "Hitler" Snyder's Money ........... Not only is it classic.:bow: :suxskins: :suxskins: :suxskins: :skins: IT IS PRICELESS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

danny0812

Reaction score
and on the note of deadskins looking out for our wlefare and our signing of TO. Good luck with that plan snyder has had in free agency. Im sure he thinks he is buying a championship but all of us cowboys fans can attest to mortgaging the future to win now. we did that early in the cap era same as the 49ers. what you saw with TO in San Fran was the cap biting them in the ***. that place was doomed the same way dallas has been over the last 9 years without a playoff win. lets see if TO ruins our team before you salary cap manipulation ruins yours.

:skins: :suxskins: :dissskin:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
silverbear said:
At some point, I had to get over my extreme personal disgust, and start thinking about what happens on the field with him on the team... my first thought was that the Iggles were a pass-happy team when TO was with them, and the Cowboys are more of a ball-control team...

Mind you, I expect that Parcells will take advantage of the guy's talents, and open up the passing game some, but he'll never throw it as often as the Iggles did... that sent me over to NFL.com to look up the passing stats, which confirmed my subjective opinion...

Then, I suddenly remembered the utter crap that made up the rest of the Iggles' wide receiver corps, and thought about how there were at least a coupla significantly better receivers in Dallas... obviously, having dreck surrounding him meant that TO was gonna get the vast majority of the looks, but in Dallas Glenn and Crayton will get plays designed for them, too...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but TO never publicly complained about not getting the ball enough. It was more of a leadership/money issue IMO. I think as long as he fells he's being treated fairly we'll be able to keep his destructiveness at a minimum.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but TO never publicly complained about not getting the ball enough.

Each time he dogged his quarterback, that was his agenda... and you know, the good ones all complain when they don't feel like they're getting the ball enough, that is far from my biggest concern with TO... the main reason I raised that issue was to point out that it's not likely that he'll put up any 100 catch seasons in Dallas... 75 catches, maybe...

I think as long as he fells he's being treated fairly we'll be able to keep his destructiveness at a minimum.

I hope you're right, but on this count, I'm an honorary resident of the state of Missouri, you know, the Show Me state...

mbanx

Reaction score
ROYDESTROY said:
We will enjoy TO shredding your secondary to be sure...Enjoy :laugh2::laugh1::lmao::lmao2:

Yeah maybe your sweet signing, Adam Archuleta can cover him. :lmao2:

rkstevens

Reaction score
And which team has the alleged felon? Like or hate T.O., he isn't the one who's going to court next month facing a minimum 3 years in prison (or is it up to 5 now?). If you were so concerned about the good name of your franchise, you'd be calling for the Commanders to cut Taylor or at least distance themselves from him -- not asking the court to delay his trial so he can play in the playoffs. It's interesting to see so many Commanders fans suddenly show concern for the desecration of the star when they themselves show more animosity in their posts and sigs.

If this works out, we'll be just fine. If it doesn't, T.O. will be off the team and we'll still be just fine. We've still got a young defense that will only get better. And we haven't put our eggs in one basket since we already have Glenn and Witten. The Eagles had more problems last year than just T.O., such as injuries, no running game and a defense than took a turn for the worse. McNabb's hernia had more to do with their record than T.O.'s whining. And San Francisco was on the decline when T.O. left. To lay the blame on him for that is unfair. Remember, he was going to leave as a free agent anyway but his agent didn't file the papers on time. I bet we'll see Commanders cap hell before we see T.O. hell. In other words, don't hold your breath.

riggo said:
well, i'll be the first to disagree. i hope those sellouts that welcome TO with open arms a few short years after he desecrated your star get exactly what you deserve. props to the boys fans that stuck by their guns and hate this move.

espn reiterated what was already posted here- TOs worst games have come against the skins.

he couldnt get along with mcanabb....and you think he'll be fine with bledsoe? right. its not like dallas can say they didnt see this coming- he only played for the freaking eagles the past 2 years.

bring him on. and watch your franchise collapse. freaking hypocrite sellouts. i will be watching and enjoying every last minute of it.

congrats! :D

Mojorisen

Reaction score
If Parcells couldn't handle Me-shawn, how in the world will he manage Me-O? :lmao2: this was desperate move by the boys. I can't wait for the lockeroom wars to begin. Good luck with that P.O.S.

mbanx

Reaction score
Mojorisen said:
If Parcells couldn't handle Me-shawn, how in the world will he manage Me-O? :lmao2: this was desperate move by the boys. I can't wait for the lockeroom wars to begin. Good luck with that P.O.S.

Could'nt control Keyshawn? Where the hell have you been boy under a rock? Do some research about Parcells and Key then post what you have learned.

Mojorisen

Reaction score
mbanx said:
Could'nt control Keyshawn? Where the hell have you been boy under a rock? Do some research about Parcells and Key then post what you have learned.

the proof is in the pudding! he's gone isn't he? how was that "handling" him?
ME-shawn and ME-o both have tallent that is approximately proportionate with thier level of maladjusted egocentric behavior (read PIA ratio). put down the rock for awhile and you might "get it"

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
riggo said:
espn reiterated what was already posted here- TOs worst games have come against the skins.
Yeah, and Todd Pinkston's best game came against the very same skins on the very same day. Coincidence?

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Mojorisen said:
Lmao, so ignorant. Why don't you actually learn about the situation, Keyshawn was a freaking saint when he was with us. We let him go because TO was available and he is just a lot better then Key.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
I was saving that tidbit. :bang2: . I should have known better. haha. Thanks.

So Drew has 2 choices : Feed TO so he will be a happy camper or, play good football and distribute the ball accordingly to viable options.

Either situation doesnt seem to bode well in my eyes.

I cant believe that this happened, but at the same time I cant complain. :)
TO can complain all he wants, If Terry Glenn is open (which he will be, especially if teams don't have a safety eyeing him) before TO is, TG will probably get the ball. Same with Witten, they are both more proven in the lockerroom and on the field for the cowboys then TO.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Is that why Drew hasnt come close to doing what Donovan has done as a starter in the past few years?
Yup, I would much rather have Mcnabb than Bledsoe.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Kevin [Commanders Fan] said:
Well it's official, a done deal. Terrell Owens is a Dallas Cowboy. Who would have thought after his antics on the Star? Obviously, as with any team, there were anti-TO folk, and pro-TO folk. Whichever you are, his talent is undeniable.

After the delay I was beginning to think (and hope) that the deal was going to fall through. I thought for awhile there that you guys had cut Keyshawn for nothing. In essence, your WR situation was going to be screwed. Well, the news of signing T.O came to my ears, and those hopes were dashed.

As much as I truly dislike the Dallas Cowboys, and as much as I truly hate Terrell Owens, I can't deny that he is going to be a force to be reckoned with. I watched him tear apart the Philadelphia Eagles though, and I can honestly say I hope that does not happen to the Cowboys. In a way I view it as unfair, to have one individual kill the team. We can't deny that the Eagles are a very talented team, and though it was nice taking the victories over them, I think I would have rather defeated them without all the detrimental activity.

Anyways, before I start ranting, I just want to say that I hope the T.O signing doesn't destroy your team. Hes undoubtedly one of the best recievers in football (though I think Chad Johnson is the best), and I'm pretty freaking scared. Not too scared, though. :)

Here's to the rest of the off-season!

Hum.....never meet a nice deadskin fan before......thanks for the nice words.:starspin

hmcorp

Reaction score
Couldnt handle keyshawn??? Problems in locker rooM???

WHOA WHOA...

The ownership of the dallas cowboys FAWNS over their star players. If TO scores a touchdown Jerry might have a TO retrospective come on the announcement horn during the game every time he does.

Bill has dealt with so many attitudes of STAR PLAYERS...not scrubs who didnt have their GAME down ...see antonio bryant...STARS as in keyshawn LT and bryan cox or terry glenn...(ALL GUYS WHO LEFT THE TEAM WHEN THEY DIDNT LIKE THE SITUATION>>>OH WAIT JUST LIKE PARCELLS DOES>>>why doesnt parcells leave this situation...JONES KNOWS HOW TO DEAL WITH EGOS NOW...he had to learn but he just knows how to do it.

Jones always knew how to deal with player egos but now he has learned to deal with coaching egos. It is a good thing.

Watch out. TO will be fine. He only has 3 or 4 years left max. He should make the best of it. LET THE RUN BEGIN!