Commanders Fan on the T.O Signing.

Om

Reaction score
It'd be fun (and educational, I'm sure) as a Commanders fan to see what Dallas fans would be writing today had Washington signed Terrell Owens this offseason.

Any takers? :)

Tommy-the-Greek

Reaction score
danny0812 said:
i am truly touched that so many skins fans care so much about our star and how its treated.

:skins: :iggles: :jints:

Maybe you just don't get it. Most of us older wiser Skin fans may agree to hate and loathe the Cowboys on Sundays, but we have alot of respect for the organization and what it has meant to the NFL. The Cowboys have been one of the premere franchises in the league and they have done what other teams couldn't do in two to three times as many seasons. They have been a bench mark for success and the team and FO has done so with alot of class and integrity.

TO will help your team next season in alot of ways. He will make Glenn alot better going against number 2 corners and JJ will have alot of running lanes because safeties won't be able to crowd the box. If you are more concerned with performance then character then he is your man.

When I compare him as a Skin fan to some of the great Cowboy players of the past he isn't worthy of carring there jocks. TO has been a pimple on the arse of the NFL and shouldn't be allowed to tarnish the star. And yes other players have tarnished the star , but did you really know that was going to happen before they were Cowboys?

Let's revisit this signing in two years and see exactly what he did to and for your team.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy said:
riggo, the funny thing is you guys think you signed the best players in free agency, you signed players that are weak, players that the sorry 49ers didn't want and over paid on top of that!

link? where did i say that?

But you try to come in here and bash our signings, ironic.

TO is TO. he deserves to be bashed whoever signs him. it just so happens the boys did. nothing personal.

Look, TO is better than Moss, Lloyd and Randall EL all put together and you know he is, just stop crying about it.

he is so great, hes been shipped out of town by the last 2 teams he's played for. and suspended for the last 9 games of the season by the last one.

he's awesome.

Dallas landed young guys for the right price in LB, TE and OG. Then went out and signed the best RT we have seen here since Eric Williams!

i never bashed those signings.

All you want to do is bash TO, get used to hating us, because you will hate us alot more by the time the 06' season comes around.

thats beautiful. boys fans defending TO.

get some dignity.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
riggo said:
link? where did i say that?

TO is TO. he deserves to be bashed whoever signs him. it just so happens the boys did. nothing personal.

he is so great, hes been shipped out of town by the last 2 teams he's played for. and suspended for the last 9 games of the season by the last one.

he's awesome.

i never bashed those signings.

thats beautiful. boys fans defending TO.

get some dignity.

Terrell_Owens.jpg

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
BroGreg said:
You sound jealous or something.

if dan snyder wanted TO, he would be a Commander. thank God he has learned a thing or two over the last 6 years- since old deion came to town- like not taking in our rivals sloppy seconds. you wouldnt find parcells coaching here or TO playing here.

sellouts.

enjoy NFL purgatory! :D

btw- say 'hi' to andy reid and donovan mcnabb on the way down....

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Yeah, but Owens never had a good reciever lined up next to him in Philly. He was their passing game. Dallas will have Owens, Glenn, and Witten. That is a great recieving core. New York needed to sign cornerbacks for all our recievers, not just Owens. The Commanders already have Springs and Rogers.

However-with a bad OL, ANY QB won't have much of a chance to plant and make a smooth delivery.

Heck-we can have the Moss brothers thrown in too, and our QB will still stink up the joint.

neosapien23

Reaction score
TunaFan33 said:
However-with a bad OL, ANY QB won't have much of a chance to plant and make a smooth delivery.

Heck-we can have the Moss brothers thrown in too, and our QB will still stink up the joint.

What are you talking about? Dallas just signed a new guard and a new right tackle. What else do you want? Adams-Kosier-Gurode/Johnson-Rivera-Fabini. Alot of teams would happily trade their Olines for ours and we still have the draft.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SilverStarCowboy said:
He didn't screw those teams up, you listen to to many mediots. 49ers were a team on the defined decline, they sit him on 3rd downs and key situations then locked him in on the resign date to cause even more problems, two things Jerry wouldn't do to anybody.

Ofcorse TO is the reason the Eagles lost 4 Championship games in a row too....wait he wasn't on the team.

One player doesn't yeild that much influence.

EXACTLY !!!!
I been saying that for a long time.
Drew is more accurate than McChuck. So TO can just run his routes, catch the ball, TD TO.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
riggo said:
if dan snyder wanted TO, he would be a Commander. thank God he has learned a thing or two over the last 6 years- since old deion came to town- like not taking in our rivals sloppy seconds. you wouldnt find parcells coaching here or TO playing here.

sellouts.

enjoy NFL purgatory! :D

btw- say 'hi' to andy reid and donovan mcnabb on the way down....

I beg to differ

Jerry Jones is smarter in every facit of life, football and outside of football, than little Napolean could ever hope to be. JJ has NEVER had a player he wanted get away. Deion comes to mind, 5 or 6 teams were in a bidding war for him, and JJ simply offered him to largest contract in NFL history.

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
These conversations b/w us and AFC teams' fans are alot more intelligent than ones with G-Nats, Foreskins, and Iggles fans.

cowboys4life

Reaction score
very very classy post thanks dude...i dont understand all the bashing either i mean geez our team will be better

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
I beg to differ

Jerry Jones is smarter in every facit of life, football and outside of football, than little Napolean could ever hope to be. JJ has NEVER had a player he wanted get away. Deion comes to mind, 5 or 6 teams were in a bidding war for him, and JJ simply offered him to largest contract in NFL history.

point was, snyder and gibbs did not want TO. neither did almost every other NFL team.

if he did, i think he would be a Commander. you know how dan has a habit of getting what he wants- to the point of 'overspending' as i've read on this board many times.

SkinsFanMania

Reaction score
I agree with Kevin and Way 'Nuff and I'll ad a bit on why I agree with them.

First I hate both the Eagles and Cowboys and I'm supposed to being a Commanders fan.

The difference is I despise Eagle fans more than I despise the team itself.

I don't mind Dallas fans. I actually Respect the Dallas Cowboys, their fans and their acccomplishments. I can't say I respect anything that has anything to do with the Eagles.

Now that's Way 'Nuff said, although not as eloquently put.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
riggo said:
point was, snyder and gibbs did not want TO. neither did almost every other NFL team.

if he did, i think he would be a Commander. you know how dan has a habit of getting what he wants- to the point of 'overspending' as i've read on this board many times.

Yeah, I'm sure you are in the loop with Gibbs and Snyder and what they want.

As much as capitalism is a god of today's society, it still holds true that money can't buy everything.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
I beg to differ

You could say that, or you could do some research and find out the Commanders make more money than any sports franchise in the nation, much less, the NFL. JJ can't outspend Snyder, stop being a homer.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix said:
Yeah, I'm sure you are in the loop with Gibbs and Snyder and what they want.

apparently, you are.

feel free to provide me with a link saying gibbs and snyder made an effort to get TO.

i wont hold my breathe.

Cowchips

Reaction score
riggo said:
well, i'll be the first to disagree. i hope those sellouts that welcome TO with open arms a few short years after he desecrated your star get exactly what you deserve. props to the boys fans that stuck by their guns and hate this move.

espn reiterated what was already posted here- TOs worst games have come against the skins.

he couldnt get along with mcanabb....and you think he'll be fine with bledsoe? right. its not like dallas can say they didnt see this coming- he only played for the freaking eagles the past 2 years.

bring him on. and watch your franchise collapse. freaking hypocrite sellouts. i will be watching and enjoying every last minute of it.

congrats! :D

The key differences are that:

Parcells is not Ried, he will handle TO.

Bledsoe is not McBaby, he will let TO's comments roll off.

With TO and Glenn, I wouldnt be surprised to see Bledsoe pass for 5,000 yds. He did 4,300 with 2nd tier players like Moulds and Price.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
You could say that, or you could do some research and find out the Commanders make more money than any sports franchise in the nation, much less, the NFL. JJ can't outspend Snyder, stop being a homer.

Lil Danny needs to spend that money on some rings cause Lord knows he hasn't won JACK since he's bought the team. He has spent the most loot in league history and has won ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Cowchips

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:

The Commanders make more than the Cowboys, the Yankees and the Red Sox? Your post lost all credibility after coming up with that crap. Cowboys have a 50% larger fan base than the Deadskins, for starters. Which is why they are and will always be America's team, like it or not.