CFZ Comparing Brandin Cooks to OBJ

DFWJC

Reaction score
How does this impact the draft? I'm guessing it takes WR off the list
Not so sure about that, hawk
He has one year left (I think) and we're giving up very little draft capital

This may affect who else we get in FA though. Even with the Texans taking on some of his contract he'll be a bit of a 1 year cap hit.

gtb1943

Reaction score
The boys could have been more ambitious (and I am NOT talking about the head case) but this is a good move. Not a great one.

But I think it does strengthen our WR corps by a decent margin and that was badly needed. Its clear the clown show believes Gallup will be much better this season and that was why they went for the lesser WR that was available.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
They gave up multiple Picks plus 2 first rounders in addition to DJ Moore. That pick they gave Chicago next year is going to be a top 10 pick as well b/c they are going to suck this year.
It's the cost to move up to the first pick in the draft and get a QB.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
Cooks has the game to play outside as well, he's not really a slot receiver though he can play in the slot.

Cooks 5'9 3/4"

Beasley 5"7 7/8"

Cobb 5'10 1/4"
Get ready for a ton of slant-flat concepts with Lamb and Cooks.

GMO415

Reaction score
The acquisition for WR Brandin Cooks is another good off-season move for the Cowboys. We got him for essentially 5th and 6th round picks, and Hou has apparently agreed to pay a chunk of Cooks’ salary next year. Cooks is a consistently solid receiver who came into the league the same time as Beckham. (I wanted to compare him with OBJ because of all the talk about getting Beckham this off-season)

STAT COMPARISON
Brandin Cooks

AgeReceptionsYardsTDsYds per Rec.Yds per game

Odell Beckham, Jr.

Some quick comparisons outside of stats-
  • Cooks is a little younger than Beckham by less than a year. (He was younger entering the draft)
  • Cooks is about an inch shorter
  • Beckham was faster coming into the league.
  • Cooks is considered a dependable route runner with great hands.
  • Cooks has been more durable than Beckham.
This is a very good acquisition!
Bullet, and Cooks is mentally stable.

tunahelper

Reaction score
The acquisition for WR Brandin Cooks is another good off-season move for the Cowboys. We got him for essentially 5th and 6th round picks, and Hou has apparently agreed to pay a chunk of Cooks’ salary next year. Cooks is a consistently solid receiver who came into the league the same time as Beckham. (I wanted to compare him with OBJ because of all the talk about getting Beckham this off-season)

STAT COMPARISON
Brandin Cooks

Odell Beckham, Jr.

• Cooks is a little younger than Beckham by less than a year. (He was younger entering the draft)
Cooks will complement Lamb very well. We need a reliable possession player to replace Shultz. Cooks can work out of the slot and for his size is effective outside as well. Best value move we could get.

Landryhat73

Reaction score

STAT COMPARISON
Brandin Cooks

Odell Beckham, Jr.

Cooks plays - only missed 10 games his entire career and last year was 6 of them and it wasn’t most likely be a of injury.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

STAT COMPARISON
Brandin Cooks

Odell Beckham, Jr.

I actually don't hate this trade. Didn't have to give up premium draft capital and he wanted to go to Dallas at the trade deadline. :clap:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Watch out 2 good moves (as well as some good resigns in my opinion) From this FO in the offseason, been a hot minute since we have seen this.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Chuck 54

Reaction score
OBJ is very subject to pulling some sort of stunt that would require the team to release him.

Glad they stayed away.
Stunts? Like what for example? And who wouldn’t want out of Houston?