Comparing Joey Bosa and Taco Charlton

waldoputty

Reaction score
-----------Weight--Arm length--10 yard split-40 yard --board jump--vertical jump--20 yard shuttle--cone--reps
Bosa------269-----33 3/8------------1.69--------4.86--------10'1"-------------31 1/2------------4.21--------------6.89---24
Taco-------277-----34 1/4------------1.63/1.7--4.93/4.83--9'7"--------------33-----------------4.39--------------7.17---25
Hardy-----281------34-----------------1.67--------4.79--------10'1"------------36-----------------4.62--------------7.13----21
Garrett----272-----35 1/4------------1.64--------4.63--------10'6"------------41-----------------------------------------------33

Just added Hardy - Taco compares pretty well with Hardy.
More agility, bit less explosion, and similar speed and size/length

Last edited:

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Kareem Jackson too. He was awful his first couple years. Really turned it around after that
True, that's two corners years apart. I'm just confident that Taco will produce nicely year one. No randy Gregory zero sack rookie year nonsense.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
His hand work is a mess. He often regresses to use both arms and playing 2 gap technique while trying to work upfield for example. He screws up reads too.

It's going to take time as Marinelli rebuilds him. I could see him coming on late in the year but I bet people turn on him early cause he is going to take some time.
I'm cool with him coming on late in the year. That's the best time anyway

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
as big a mistake as hardy was, i thought he was great for the D while his head was in the right place.
i still remember the nascar formation with him and gregory looked unstoppable.
yes it was preseason but it was so exciting to watch a dominant DL at work.
i will go get hardy's specs and add them to this.

I actually feel bad for Hardy. I think the girl set him up because she wanted to extort money from him. Then he came to the Cowboys where the spotlight was 10x as compared to Carolina. I think being constantly in the news in a negative way caused him to have a mental breakdown.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I actually feel bad for Hardy. I think the girl set him up because she wanted to extort money from him. Then he came to the Cowboys where the spotlight was 10x as compared to Carolina. I think being constantly in the news in a negative way caused him to have a mental breakdown.

He appears to like the nose candy.

waldoputty

Reaction score

i kind of feel the same way, though none of us will ever know.
yes being under constant enormous pressure like that constantly can break someone.
that type of pressure is how i had my horrible accident that almost killed me 2 years ago (of course i did not hit someone).

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
His hand work is a mess. He often regresses to use both arms and playing 2 gap technique while trying to work upfield for example. He screws up reads too.

It's going to take time as Marinelli rebuilds him. I could see him coming on late in the year but I bet people turn on him early cause he is going to take some time.
People should never look for instant gratification fromma rookie pass rusher. Guys like Bosa the exception even amoungst top 10 picks. Mack and Watt combined for fewer then 10 sacks as rookies

waldoputty

Reaction score
People should never look for instant gratification fromma rookie pass rusher. Guys like Bosa the exception even amoungst top 10 picks. Mack and Watt combined for fewer then 10 sacks as rookies

but we need to know whether he is a washout or not, or would not know what to do next offseason.
i guess we should draft another DE with a 1st round anyway...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He appears to like the nose candy.
I think that might have been partly due to the stress. He didn't get in trouble in Carolina for it, IIRC.

I think spotlight alone, without any negative issues, caused Joseph Randle to lose his mind. Granted he was borderline mentally, but I think the fame pushed him over the edge.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
but we need to know whether he is a washout or not, or would not know what to do next offseason.
i guess we should draft another DE with a 1st round anyway...

There are few ways other than character issues that would allow you to determine that in one year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Both Bosa and Charlton are long, strong and have relentless motors. I'm really hoping Charlton proves his naysayers mistaken, though.

When I watch Charlton I don't see a relelentless motor. He's not lazy by any means but he is not up to the level that Marinelli will demand.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I think that might have been partly due to the stress. He didn't get in trouble in Carolina for it, IIRC.

I think spotlight alone, without any negative issues, caused Joseph Randle to lose his mind. Granted he was borderline mentally, but I think the fame pushed him over the edge.

I think there is a high probability that he was doing blow right along with her that night.

Randle is at the age that schizophrenia and many mental illnesses manifest.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
well we should draft at least another DE high anyway.
we got everything else (knock on wood regarding injuries).
DE and then add a RT.
You will rarely get an argument from me against drafting a pass rusher if he represents value

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's an analogy. Hopefully you understand that.

Bosa had 10.5 sacks in 12 games as a rookie and was one of the best DL in college for 3 years. There's really no comparison between him and Charlton. Saying they have the same tools because they're athletically similar is wishful thinking, at best.

It's fair to compare them I think. Athletically they are similar but Bosa is far more polished. Physically they are on par and Bosa's strengths are something Charlton can acquire but it's up to him.

waldoputty

Reaction score
You will rarely get an argument from me against drafting a pass rusher if he represents value

value is great, but at a certain point, you got nothing else to do.
name a position other than DE and RT that is not ready for a dynasty (knock on wood).
i guess you can say TE if Rico does not pan out.

yes i am counting the chickens on jaylon
and i am counting on no debilitating injuries (knock on wood again)