Congestive heart failure...**Update Post #164**

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
dougonthebench;4616470 said:
I'm glad to hear things are better for you. Believe it or not, I've remembered you in my morning talks with God since I found out.

It appears He was listening. You gave me words of encouragement a couple of years ago when I needed it, thank you again for that.

This just proves that what goes around really does come around...

I hope I can do the same for you in the future.

Kinda hope I won't need it for a while, but it's good to know all you guys are out there for me...

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
silverbear;4616373 said:
Right now I'm doing really, really well, for two reasons:

1) I had no blockages... none at all...

2) I'm stoned to the gills... :D

But I already know that my leg's gonna be sore where they cut into that vein...

I've got a number of followup doctor's appointments, but it looks like I dodged a bullet... the doctor who performed the angioplasty suspects I'm right, that this was all brought on by my not taking my meds... self-inflicted wounds, if you will...

My potassium was ridiculously low, and not taking the diuretic caused me to retain fluids... both of those are quite hard on the ol' ticker...

I was encouraged that I weighed in at 192 pounds, fully dressed (including shoes)... that means right at 190... all I want to lose is another 15 pounds, then I'll be where I want...

Anyway, although I do have congestive heart failure, and will have it the rest of my life, if I do the right things it shouldn't cause me any problems, at least not for many years...

That's awesome news, man. Really glad to hear it.

silverbear

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4616485 said:
So glad to hear the ol bear is going to be alright. You gave us a bit of a scare old friend.

Me, too... but I have a theory, one I told Yeager in a PM... God has sent me back to continue tormenting him...

So now, I'm on a Mission from God!!!

:D

silverbear

Reaction score
1fisher;4616512 said:
That is awesome news! I'm truly happy for you. Best of luck on your journey to better health. I'm on that journey too.,
:bow:

Let's both be diligent about it. what do you say??

silverbear

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4616592 said:
It sounds like you had a better day than expected. I'm glad about that, Mr. Bear.

Sooooo much better... even the procedure was no big deal... the hardest part of the whole thing was the post op, when I had to lay entirely flat on my back, was not allowed to lift my head even, for 3 freakin' hours...

I felt like my butt had fallen off by the time I got up and took a walk...

The second worst part was gettin' shaved... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
brucekr;4616605 said:
Kinda late to reading this, but sounds like you got some great news, sir. Wishing you the very best on your road to good health.

Thank you, Bruce, I appreciate it...

silverbear

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;4616626 said:
Thanks for the good news.

Helps keep my blood pressure in check hopefully.

:beer2:

Please do... I mean, the combination of high blood pressure and being a Skins fan could prove fatal...

:splat:

silverbear

Reaction score
Heisenberg;4616630 said:
That's awesome news, man. Really glad to hear it.

Thanks, Heis... it was a surprise, Dr. Byrd said he thought I probably did have a blockage... but that's why he sent me to the cath lab...

I'll forgive him for being wrong, just this once...

silverbear

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;4616634 said:
You already told us how you feel...you're high. Duh. ;)

C'mon, I'm no lightweight... it's been 16 hours since they drugged me, and I've had 8 good hours of sleep...

Now I'm just my normal amount of goofy... :D

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
silverbear;4616635 said:
Sooooo much better... even the procedure was no big deal... the hardest part of the whole thing was the post op, when I had to lay entirely flat on my back, was not allowed to lift my head even, for 3 freakin' hours...

I felt like my butt had fallen off by the time I got up and took a walk...

The second worst part was gettin' shaved... :D

I had my appendix taken out, which is sort of a bad thing because now they don't think I actually needed it taken out. But when I did, my ex-wife laughed at me when they came to get me because the nurse who wheeled my to the operating room was yawning. She said I looked at him with this evil-scared look.

Then, I get there, and they shave me. While I'm getting shaved, I'm slightly sedated and ask the Dr. if it's a dangerous procedure. He said he only lost one patient. That scared the crap out of me and I counted to ten...or tried to, and woke up and won't tell you what I did when I got back to my hospital room. But the Dr. came in and told me no more getting up and was really upset I had done some physical activity. Something about a successful surgery that makes you feel great though.

silverbear

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4616641 said:
I had my appendix taken out, which is sort of a bad thing because now they don't think I actually needed it taken out. But when I did, my ex-wife laughed at me when they came to get me because the nurse who wheeled my to the operating room was yawning. She said I looked at him with this evil-scared look.

I've al;ways said the compassion gene is located somewhere on the Y chromosome... LOL...

Something about a successful surgery that makes you feel great though.

A combination of deep relief, and good drugs...

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
you can thank me as I put in a call to the right place...the guy with the red suit and pitch fork said he didn't have time for any competition now.:devil:

silverbear

Reaction score
Zaxor;4616664 said:
you can thank me as I put in a call to the right place...the guy with the red suit and pitch fork said he didn't have time for any competition now.:devil:

"Heaven doesn't want me, and hell's afraid I'm gonna take over"... LOL...

Thanks for the intervention, bud...

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago. I was having chest pains. Went for a heart cath and found no blockages. Turned out to be a bad combination of medications causing everything.

Having the heart cath was very comforting in the end though. It's not a bad procedure at all really. I had some massive bruising after though.

silverbear

Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan;4616693 said:
I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago. I was having chest pains. Went for a heart cath and found no blockages. Turned out to be a bad combination of medications causing everything.

Having the heart cath was very comforting in the end though. It's not a bad procedure at all really. I had some massive bruising after though.

I'm not supposed to take the bandage off until tomorrow, so I don't know what the bruising will look like...

You're absolutely right about the comfort found in a good cath test... it's great to know that my blood vessels are all clear, after all these years...