Cooper Rush throwing dimes while fighting for QB2 spot to finish training camp 2024

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You people trying to put a tangible definition to make an opinion a fact are hilarious lol
So two interception for 14 easy points (one pick 6 one inside our 20 is a sure score) in the 1st half when we know the D is struggling (you could say choking THERE too!) ....by a top 10 (Edit: top 5?) ALMOST MVP ...isn't choking?

If Lance did that you'd have a fit. "Not an NFL QB" you would say.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How far this fanbase has fallen...who gives 2 poo's about who is better between Rush and Lance..the DAMNN problem is THATS who this FO has in camp..Dak is leaving and they are giving you these 2 UFL guys....Jerry might be the BEST troll i have ever met "Just look at them out ther slingin that ball son...the fans are gonna fight over which one starts...hand me another JWB"
The fanbase simply has a difference of opinion about Jerry Jones' effect on the team. In my opinion, every professional sports team is made up of players, coaches, support personnel (i.e. scouts, etc.) and management.

I believe management can be highly or slightly influential for a team, in both tangible and intangible ways. Jones is the general manager of the team. I do not understand how he cannot be seen as a significant factor in terms of the franchise's annual results. Practically any other type of manager, both inside and outside the NFL, would not be so summarily disregarded in conversation.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm ok with riding Dak for 1 final season, after that any contract extension is diminishing returns.
Dak is as good as gone, and both parties should be for it, but i have no reason to trust this FO will give us anything that fixes its problem because well look at what they are putting on the field now...its like they woke up August 1st and looked at each other and said "Did you know Dak's contract was up after this year?" "What are we going to do?" "Lets start a QB2 war with Cooper "No Arm" Rush and Trey "I cant get on the field as a 1st round pick" Lance!!!!" Im sure of it now our teams owner/Family is trolling us.....

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It's funny to see the Dak stans that have been dogging Copper for years and laughing at his 5-1 record (better winning % than Slak) are now all of the sudden thinks Cooper walks on water.
Yup.

Anything to hold Lance back.

Too bad. the kid is fire.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
So two interception for 14 easy points (one pick 6 one inside our 20 is a sure score) in the 1st half when we know the D is struggling (you could say choking THERE too!) ....by a top 10 (Edit: top 5?) ALMOST MVP ...isn't choking?

If Lance did that you'd have a fit. "Not an NFL QB" you would say.
That's not a definition.

I never said he played well in the GB game lol

Also the first pick is 100000000% on Cooks but this board can't handle the nuance of that discussion.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
so if Rush makes good plays, its cherry picked. anything shown about Lance is trying to make him look bad.

it sounds like you are worried about Lance, more than anything else
This doesn't make sense.
Cherry picking is cherry picking.
It can be used to imply positive or negative, or anything in between.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I have been guilty of arguing and insulting people for their views. Not gonna do it anymore.

Now... if I see someone treating others like that...I'm gonna call them...you.... out on it. It's in the rules along with a personal request from Bob.

If I can change...YOU CAN TOO!:thumbup:
I don't want to change. You are 1s and 0s I don't care if you insult me lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because that is not changing. And it is not an old man in the skybox fault that the team, including the QB can not get it done. There have been plenty of talented rosters here.
It’s called culture and undermining your coaches and until he changes the results don’t change.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
More cherry picked plays to try to put down Trey Lance.
All short throws as well.

They are getting more and more worried now.
No doubt he’s against Lance. I would like to see him overtake Cooper Rush but it’s not real likely because the Cowboys have a lot of faith in Rush due to the wins they’ve had with him. However, it wouldn’t surprise me if the Cowboys use Lance as a situational QB this season allowing him to use his legs. This would be the only way they’re going to be able to get him on the field unless they were to hand him the backup job and Dak gets injured.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It is totally Jerry's fault ....... he does not know how to build a team and will not spend draft capital on a QB that is not filled with warts. He plays around with undrafted guys and 4th round picks.
Romo and Dak weren’t here 28 years ago. Can’t blame them. Go see how other franchises run their teams and see how piss poor Jerry is.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This doesn't make sense.
Cherry picking is cherry picking.
It can be used to imply positive or negative, or anything in between.
I never mentioned cherry picking. I said anything said about rush being inaccurate, people call it cherry picking.

davidr295

Reaction score
It’s called culture and undermining your coaches and until he changes the results don’t change.
He does have 3 rings. There are plenty of franchises that have never won a super bowl at all. I'm sure you consider the niners a well run organization and they have a longer drought than the cowboys.