Could Jarwin be a top 3 TE this year

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dsturgeon, May 18, 2021.

1. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

61,679 Messages
    65,918 Likes Received
    He was steady and reliable.

Outstanding season for him.

Thing is; well, Jarwin is made.

2. Knotamus

Knotamus Well-Known Member

1,369 Messages
    3,270 Likes Received
    I would tend to agree with you had Dal not drafted CeeDee last year. Due to the fore mentioned WRs, Jarwin will be limited, not to mention Schultz will be in the mix as well after proven he can be depended on last year.

Amari will get his 1k+; Gallup gets overlooked, yet continues wilth nearly 1k himself; CeeDee is just too dynamic not to scheme him the ball. So, Jarwin will naturally find creases within the defense to exploit.. Maybe he’s good enough talent wise, I just can’t see huge numbers.

3. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

2,383 Messages
    1,909 Likes Received
    That would quite the lofty expectation for a guy that's never had more than 400 yards in a season.

Jake and kskboys like this.
  4. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.

21,982 Messages
    33,164 Likes Received
    It's certainly not beyond the realm of possibilites, tho, if he should reach or meet that #3 placement rank? It would indicate HUGE Y.A.C. on his behalf,,,( the way I see it)

5. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

12,163 Messages
    7,381 Likes Received
    thats about as high as my expectations are for him...beyond that is gravy...

6. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Well-Known Member

6,808 Messages
    5,804 Likes Received
    Top 3? Well anything's possible I guess, but Shultz was looking pretty good last year as well. If they split time, it might be difficult for 1 guy to rank that high. But I think they're both good at what they do, so we'll see how it works out.

7. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

13,071 Messages
    6,875 Likes Received
    I want a Te that can catch the short stuff and block in the run game. Jarwin is a fast TE that cant block or a slow WR that cant block.

kskboys likes this.
  8. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

47,539 Messages
    40,669 Likes Received
    Yeah...no....mind you George Kittle should be in that top 3........he got hurt.

9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

100,482 Messages
    27,715 Likes Received
    Given the WR core we have I think TE tends to be more of a safety net for the Cowboys, while as TE like Kelce are a major part of KC offensive attack. I think Jarwin and Shultz can fill the role of moving the chains but I don't see a situation where they will be getting any where close to the targets that a guy like Kelce gets.

kskboys likes this.
  10. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

28,307 Messages
    31,012 Likes Received
    Agree. Kelce is a WR playing from the TE position. Completely different scenario.

11. Doomsday101

100,482 Messages
    27,715 Likes Received
    True last year Kelce had 149 targets, while Schulz had 89. I felt Schultz did a very good job for the Cowboys but the roles are different. Cowboys weapons are the 3 WR and that is where the majority of targets will be.

kskboys likes this.
  12. JW82

JW82 JJ21

3,544 Messages
    6,063 Likes Received
    Exactly. He can play great but never get the opportunities to put up top 5 TE numbers. Nor should he.

Knotamus likes this.
  13. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

28,307 Messages
    31,012 Likes Received
    The Jarwin hysteria is worse than the Rico stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HappyOnions likes this.
  14. dsturgeon

dsturgeon Well-Known Member

2,297 Messages
    2,261 Likes Received
    jarwin averaged 11.8 yards a catch in 2019. which if he had 89 targets that would be 1052 yards.

That was playing without lamb on the team. With lamb on the team, that is going to open up the middle of the field even more for Jarwin to make bigger plays, and take stuff to the house..

Shultz averaged 9.8 yards a catch in 2020 with lamb opening stuff up. He had more than double the reception jarwin did in 2019, so shultz's average is nice.

If Jarwin comes back and is healthy, and starts making plays, I think he is going 1k+

15. Doomsday101

100,482 Messages
    27,715 Likes Received
    With Lamb on the team that only cuts into the targets not to mention the position likely will be shared with Schultz. I have nothing against Jarwin but outside of a couple big games vs the Giants he has not done much. I still see the TE as a safety net spot for the Cowboys not a position where the offensive plays are designed around the TE

16. dsturgeon

2,297 Messages
    2,261 Likes Received
    I agree with everything you said. My point is not the targets, it is the potential with lamb on the field. Lamb should have a monster year, but with the attention he receives, it is going to help jarwin and shultz.

I think jarwin has the big down the field threat portential when healthy. If he comes in on his first target or 2, and hits one for 40 yards, how do you not design plays for him. It doesn't matter who the target is, you look for the easiest matchup. With cooper, gallup, and lamb, there has to be a whole bunch of games where a WR type TE with weak coverage can burn people down field

17. SportsGuru80

SportsGuru80 CowboysYanksLakers

8,471 Messages
    4,344 Likes Received
    No.. We don't even know how healthy he'll be!

18. dsturgeon

2,297 Messages
    2,261 Likes Received
    true

19. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod "We Are Penn State" Zone Supporter

29,036 Messages
    72,553 Likes Received
  20. Doomsday101

100,482 Messages
    27,715 Likes Received
    I think Jarwin and Schultz will be big help but if Lamb is drawing a double then Cooper or Gallup are 1 on 1 meaning they will be getting the opportunities then you add the run game which I think Dallas with the OL in tact will be using as well. There are only so many targets and while again I think our TE can be a big help neither guy are players I would be designing much of my offense around.