Could Washington be tougher than we thought?

Ben7

Reaction score
Looking at them, young QB looks pretty decent, what are your thoughts on Washington, Philly doesn't look good too many injuries, NYG, next subject!!
Young QB looking pretty decent seems to be a understatement since "His 91.3 completion percentage also set a new rookie record in a game where the quarterback attempted at least 20 passes, eclipsing the Dallas Cowboys' Dak Prescott, who set the record at 88.9% in 2016 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers." Klif Klingsbury as their Offensive Coordinator. Dan Quinn knowing a whole lot about the Cowboys. They are going hard or very hard to beat I think.

StylisticS

Reaction score
It's not even their QB that worries me.

It's the fact that their ownership just jumped leaps and bounds ahead when Danny Boy sold the team, and now they have a legit GM. Dallas will never sniff a SB until the Jones Boys are out. When you let that sink in, it's very sad. Even moreso than just comparing the teams right now in 2024. Right now, we have no championship future as long as a Jones boy owns the team and declares himself the GM.

Again, a very sad outlook.
Yep. That is exactly that worried me when Snyder left.

MikeT22

Reaction score
They might win the division but are aways off from being a legit playoff contender.
If they win the division in year 1 with a new legit QB, new GM and HC that would be huge. I don't think they will be a true contender this year but their future looks bright.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wash is a team on the rise. Dallas is not. Dallas could be but the ownership maxed out talent last year and took a step back this year.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I don't care how good the No-Names are. Worst uniforms, worst logo, worst name in the NFL. Will they beat us twice? Today, I say yes. Quinn will eat Zimmer's lunch. He will outcoach our fraud HC. And I don't even think he's that good.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
They are winning the division....Coaching matters....Dan Quinn is proving that. They were aggressive in free agency....hit on the draft when they got Daniels......the new Commanders reign has arrived...ahead of schedule.
you can't hit on a QB. takes like a decade. heard it here.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I mean our team is not exactly very good even the Giants gave us a run.
They gave the Commanders a run a well. They are trending in the right direction with their QB and I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys spilt with them. But we'll actually see what the Commanders are as the season goes on.

superonyx

Reaction score
It sucks that a ROOKIE can actually do a few good things, the many in here feel that if we got a rookie he would be the worst thing ever and could never have any good moments like #4 can
Stop strawmaning people just to make you point. It's weird.

The reality is Stroud and now Daniel is the exception not the rule. Too many Caleb Williams, Bo Nix, Bryce Young, Justin Fields ect. Lets also stop pretending we had a top 5 pick or would be willing to give up the next 3 years of 1st to move up and gamble on one of these guys...

Why is this so hard to comprehend.

exciter

Reaction score
As teams get more film on him DCs will figure out weaknesses and he’ll come down to earth a bit.
Never fails.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I was never a fan of Quinn as a DC but as a HC, I think he is better than McCarthy. He is much better at building his staff...even going back to Atlanta. He had Kyle Shanahan, Steve Sarkisian, and now Kliff Kingsbury as his OC so he knows the importance of having modern/innovative offensive gurus.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, because when Quinn left for Washington, I knew we were in trouble and posted such at the time.