Cowboys 16.5 point favorites over Giants

Shane612

Reaction score
so, it means that any fear that people have here is ridiculous.

Could we lose, sure but do you honestly think the Giants will be able to put up more than 14 points on us with Devito at QB? How on Earth does their D keep up from getting 17?
Yes.
They are more than CAPABLE of scoring 2 or more TDs.
How a team played in previous games is not an indication of how they play their next game.
Look at Denver Broncos. They're all over the place.
Too many variables to predict EXACTLY what will happen. Not even close....
So, give me the Gi-ain't and the 16.5 points.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Yes.
How a team played in previous games is not an indication of how they play their next game.
So, give me the Gi-ain't and the 16.5 points
then go bet on them

Dakota

Reaction score
Wow!!!! That big of a spread against a powerhouse like the GIANTS!!!! Superbowl here we come!!!!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The only shot we have beating Philly is at home. We would have virtually no shot of beating them in the playoffs on the road. We got blown out in Philly in an NFC title game and a season finale elimination game.
When did these games happened you are talking about? This year? This team?

Dallas just gave Philly all they could handle at Philly and with a play here or there Dallas wins. For the most part Dallas outplayed Philly

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When did these games happened you are talking about? This year? This team?

Dallas just gave Philly all they could handle at Philly and with a play here or there Dallas wins. For the most part Dallas outplayed Philly
The NFC title loss in Philly was in 1980 and the season finale elimination loss in Philly was in 2008. They have a better team now and the Cowboys will lose by at least two scores having to travel to Philly in the playoffs. Our history winning big games in Philly isn’t good. We just lost another big game on the road, due to penalties and poor OL play. The Cowboys continue to find ways to screw things up and lose. We’re not going to get better play from the QB position than we got on Sunday in a playoff matchup in front of that crowd. You can dream the Cowboys outplayed Philly but they didn’t. What we did was hang in and as usual we came up short. We looked completely dysfunctional in the final moments. The pressure of the moment got to us.

Motorola

Reaction score
Yes.
So, give me the Gi-ain't and the 16.5 points.
Although having a 3-5 record, the Broncos have been significantly better in scoring so far this season.
5 games with 20 or more points, only 1 game less than 10 points.

The Giants in their 9 games (2-7)
- have scored 20 points or more only once (28 @ Cardinals)
- have only 8 TDs total, half of them in 1 game (@ Cardinals week 2)
- 1 game with 2 TD
- 3 games with 1 TD
- 4 games with no touchdowns --- 3 FG, 1 FG, 4 FG, 1 game scoreless
- 3 games with single digit points --- 6, 9, 3, 1 game no points.

Yes, it's possible that the Giants could score 2 TDs, but their track record so far in 2023 shows that their offense has had an extremely difficult time scoring touchdowns in nearly all of their games.

And with a 3rd string UDFA making his first start on the road, added to this struggling team, I doubt any score comes easily (without blunders and bad play from Dallas).
But as the quote goes - "On Any Given Sunday..."
I just think this Sunday is not that one for the Giants at the Cowboys.

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The NFC title loss in Philly was in 1980 and the season finale elimination loss in Philly was in 2008. They have a better team now and the Cowboys will lose by at least two scores having to travel to Philly in the playoffs. Our history winning big games in Philly isn’t good. We just lost another big game on the road, due to penalties and poor OL play. The Cowboys continue to find ways to screw things up and lose. We’re not going to get better play from the QB position than we got on Sunday in a playoff matchup in front of that crowd. You can dream the Cowboys outplayed Philly but they didn’t. What we did was hang in and as usual we came up short. We looked completely dysfunctional in the final moments. The pressure of the moment got to us.
What happen the last time Dallas played Philly in the playoffs and it's more recent? It was in Dallas but I'm not scared of Philly, not even in the playoffs.

Like I said before I agree with you on San Fran in the playoffs though. Until Dallas proves otherwise

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What happen the last time Dallas played Philly in the playoffs and it's more recent? It was in Dallas but I'm not scared of Philly, not even in the playoffs.

Like I said before I agree with you on San Fran in the playoffs though. Until Dallas proves otherwise
They didn’t have a championship caliber team and QB the last time we played them in the playoffs and yes it was in Dallas. For the second straight season they’re 8-1. The Cowboys have only won one road playoff game in 30 years and that was last season against a 9-8 team. Philly appears to be headed back to the Super Bowl. No one will beat them in Philly in the playoffs. I’m not even convinced the Cowboys will make the playoffs. We were 6-2 last season at this time and didn’t have near as tough a remaining schedule.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I don't see it happening unless they're tanking tanking lol

They just lost 30-6 to the Raiders. Their QB is a third string rookie. They don't have to tank as long as he's starting. He's looked awful.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You were probably saying the same thing prior to the AZ game.
Nope, go look it up if you’re bored. I actually said I was staying away from that game because Dallas usually loses in the desert. If you are going to claim the same for Philthy next…..I stayed away from that one to. It’s all on record :thumbup:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nope, go look it up if you’re bored. I actually said I was staying away from that game because Dallas usually loses in the desert. If you are going to claim the same for Philthy next…..I stayed away from that one to. It’s all on record :thumbup:
You can only look up someone’s last 15 posts. This game likely may end up being tougher than some think. It will come down to whether we show up. If we don’t something crazy could happen.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You can only look up someone’s last 15 posts. This game likely may end up being tougher than some think. It will come down to whether we show up. If we don’t something crazy could happen.
This is a post from you on October 5th, about 200 posts ago :muttley:

Like 12 and 5 last year.
You probably predict that every year. Unfortunately, with this new format searching old posts has become very difficult. Lucky for you. Lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is a post from you on October 5th, about 200 posts ago :muttley:

You probably predict that every year. Unfortunately, with this new format searching old posts has become very difficult. Lucky for you. Lol
I’ll have to explore that feature. Too bad you didn’t dig your post up. :thumbup:Let’s see that one.