Signed by Cowboys ***Cowboys and QB Dak Prescott have agreed to new contract***

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I swear, I think all of the indecision on Dak and his contract situation helped the team breakdown last year. I think things like that (with the leader of your team) can help derail an entire season.

Very glad it is settled and all the players can stop answering questions and just get ready to play.

Glad they settled it so we're in good cap shape this year.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
We were ahead and driving in the game when Dak went down. Is he more deserving to be awarded a win from a freak onside kick that Atlanta completely botched to hand us a win?

Team game. Teams have records, not QBs. But if you're going to count wins for a QB, at least look at how the player contributed or not to the win.
You're talking to a guy that piggybacks all his likes off of other people's tweets and brags about it while going cray over Wentz.

I mean...
C'mon.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I'm glad it's over. As another poster said Dakameddon is finally hit and will pass. We can all move on.

I'm happy it's over. I'm not really excited about the numbers and the no trade and no tag clause. So pretty much Dak and his agent didn't budge and Jerry completely caved. As usual. Jerry showed how amateur he is as a GM. No qualified GM completely caves on a negotiation and gives the player everything he demands. And why the crap did Jerry put us through all this for a year just to cave to his demands? I had to be a fan of Dak but I'm throwing his jersey away. Screw him, he totally got greedy and screwed over our franchise. He doesn't care about the Cowboys. If he did he would have been more flexible.

I think our team is weaker because of this and we will be a below average team to average team for the next four years and I hope Dak is blamed for every loss we have. I hope the media destroys him and his annoying brother.

Everyone who said we can just draft a defense, well you'll get your wish. My heart is telling me this franchise will suck as usual, probably more so, for the next four years. The first four games of this season will be the next 4 years.

The optimism in me says what I said last night. Now the 3 most important players on our team is Hill, Gallimore and McCoy. If they deliver and we can draft a secondary we may have a slim chance of winning the division. And then getting pounded in the playoffs, rinse wash repeat of the last 25 years.

Thanks Jerry, thanks for being the most incompetent GM and owner of any sports team for the quarter century. Looking forward to 25 more years of suckage.
No fan of Jerry's but I think he held out for the fourth year and got it.

Motorola

Reaction score
Dallas hasn't been able to put a solid team together since 2007. They focus mainly on offense. Dallas came close in 2018 with defense, but that wore off quickly.
Big to differ... 2014 & 2017 squads were just as good.

Swagger

Reaction score
I hear you, but we couldn’t draft a QB at 10 without giving up all the draft capital needed for the defense. The defense must be built, much like the offense has been, in the draft. We’ve been significantly under the cap for two years, even with Dak franchised, yet we still didn’t go after impactful defenders.
Defensive Tackle
Safety
Cornerback
Linebacker

That's a lot of needs to be hit and nailed in the draft quickly

Corso

Reaction score
Exactly. The only person “moving on”, is the gimpy Qb that got paid. His worshipers think they’ve won something but the reality is that every week when he plays the microscope will intensify

They now have to defend him and his bloated contract......we aren’t moving on as the fun is just about to begin
The microscope will intensify even more?
It's already on +100,000.

How much more can it get?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
His prorated bonus is 13.2 over the next 5 years. So that leaves 94mil for base. Out of that base, 60 mil is guaranteed either fully or for injury.

Since there talk of 2 void years it means they can restructure him next year possibly and take advantage of spreading that bonus out over 5 years.

Imo I expect a high base salary next year that will be prime for restructure. Dak still gets paid regardless.

Otherwords, they can keep his cap hit low for the short term future. Which lines up perfectly with our offensive line and dlaws contract

Right, and probably by the fourth year, they would be able to cut him for at least a slight cap savings even if they restructure. This is how deals are done in today's NFL.

Corso

Reaction score
Right, and probably by the fourth year, they would be able to cut him for at least a slight cap savings even if they restructure. This is how deals are done in today's NFL.
They won't cut unless he completely falters.
They'll definitely make further deals to spread the wealth though.

Dre11

Reaction score
Applaud Jerry while he makes moves to keep us mediocre..

We now our proud owners of the 2 worst NFL contracts.

Dak & Zeke... We got 1 year to enjoy in 2016 and we have to watch 10 seasons of mediocrity for it.

And you applaud Jerry while it happens.

We’re Detroit Lions in Cowboys laundry.

tenor.gif

Turk

Reaction score
not surprised; the numbers are a little better than I had feared. Think the so called brain trust of the Boys (and if there ever was a reason to roll the eyes saying anything that is it) will stand pat offensively and go for every thing they can on D

That is what they should do.

Well one can hope....

I would use the money saved on the tag to go after Thomlinson then pretty much every single draft pick goes for D.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
As a result of this contract, I want as a result:
1) Four NFC Championship game appearances in the next 7 seasons
2) Three NFC Championships = Three Super Bowl berths
3) Two NFL Championships

Me? I want a defense and maybe we can get those things you have listed.

It's silly to think just because a quarterback is high paid that he can deliver those things. No quarterback can without a good team around him.

Dallas got this done. Now, it has to focus on building a defense.

cowboynut

Reaction score
Great for Dak. Now if we could cut the coach and get rid of the overpaid under achieving defense duo we might get into the playoffs again