News: Cowboys believe Brandon Carr is better than you think

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly, I didn't see Robinson as any type of upgrade over Carr to begin with. Would he have been cheaper? Sure. But if you aren't actually upgrading the position, why bother?

You said it yourself. He would have been cheaper. The failure to acquire a viable alternative has allowed Carr and his agent to continue to bilk the Cowboys out of millions of dollars he hasn't earned.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Just cut him sounds good but until you have someone to replace him it's just talk
If we get lucky and a CB falls to the second round we may be in a position to cut him but the reality is we aren't right now

There were several free agents we could have replaced Carr with for at least half the price, we just didn't.

I've been saying we should have cut him the first day of FA. And exactly what I said would happen, happened.

While we're overpaying mediocre talent like they're Revis, lets go ahead and bump Churchs salary from 4.25 to 8 mill.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Archer: Cowboys believe Brandon Carr is better than you think (better than a dead man, otay)

skinsscalper

Reaction score
You said it yourself. He would have been cheaper. The failure to acquire a viable alternative has allowed Carr and his agent to continue to bilk the Cowboys out of millions of dollars he hasn't earned.

But would he have been better? The only reason you force Carr to take a pay cut or release him is if his cap hit is keeping you from signing a player that you covet. To this point Carr's salary has done that, literally, zero times.

The Cowboys have been pretty adamant that they aren't playing in the top of the FA market and they've proven it. For some reason fans fail to acknowledge the fact (even though it's been echoed over and over again by the FO). Instead they get these pie in the sky ideas of what they WANT the Cowboys to do and and use strawman arguments like Carr as the reason the Cowboys didn't sign who THEY wanted the Cowboys to sign. "Argghhhh, if the Cowboys didn't have Carr's salary on the books they could have had the room to sign a guy that they weren't ever interested in signing to begin with" (shakes fist at the sky).

I'm with you that Carr's spot needs to be upgraded. Upgraded is the key word. If we're just going to swap parts? Nah. Robinson misses more games than he plays and his play is no upgrade. Which is why I wasn't a heart broken when he signed with Indy. But to cut a guy just for the sake of cutting a guy to possibly end up with someone that's actually worse. Not a fan.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Carr was never going anywhere, just the rants from some in here that want him gone. Not happenning, just fix the pass rush and we will be fine with who we have.

wilfred

Reaction score
Next year , Carr gonna have receivers like
gronk-dancing.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But would he have been better? The only reason you force Carr to take a pay cut or release him is if his cap hit is keeping you from signing a player that you covet. To this point Carr's salary has done that, literally, zero times.

The Cowboys have been pretty adamant that they aren't playing in the top of the FA market and they've proven it. For some reason fans fail to acknowledge the fact (even though it's been echoed over and over again by the FO). Instead they get these pie in the sky ideas of what they WANT the Cowboys to do and and use strawman arguments like Carr as the reason the Cowboys didn't sign who THEY wanted the Cowboys to sign. "Argghhhh, if the Cowboys didn't have Carr's salary on the books they could have had the room to sign a guy that they weren't ever interested in signing to begin with" (shakes fist at the sky).

I'm with you that Carr's spot needs to be upgraded. Upgraded is the key word. If we're just going to swap parts? Nah. Robinson misses more games than he plays and his play is no upgrade. Which is why I wasn't a heart broken when he signed with Indy. But to cut a guy just for the sake of cutting a guy to possibly end up with someone that's actually worse. Not a fan.

The consensus of grades were better for Robinson than they were for Carr. Robinson rejuvenated his career in San Diego by most accounts.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even if they would have complained "He's not any better than Carr" at least he would have only cost half as much.

Just putting a different face on the position would have help the perception of our fan base.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
The consensus of grades were better for Robinson than they were for Carr. Robinson rejuvenated his career in San Diego by most accounts.

He also only played in ten games and had an effective CB opposite him (just for the sake of Devil's advocate).

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Even if they would have complained "He's not any better than Carr" at least he would have only cost half as much.

Just putting a different face on the position would have help the perception of our fan base.

But would it have had a positive effect in the locker room, film room, or field? If I'm a GM I don't give two "you know what's" about fan base perception". As famously said "If you start listening to fans, soon you'll be sitting with them".

rynochop

Reaction score
This is a perfect summation of Carr's situation. But it appears some posters have taken his salary personally.

Exactly, they don't give out trophies for salary cap space, but some seem to think they do do.

Doomsay

Reaction score
It is strange what you hear the Cowboys saying about him.

It is almost like they do not care about the fact he is a cap albatross.

It seems very much like that man who signed his ridiculous contract hopes one more magic season will somehow vindicate his actions.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, Brandon Carr is better than most fans think. He wasn't nearly as good as they thought when he signed and then true to form the pendulum swung the other way and now he's garbage.

He's not garbage. He's actually a solid player. Nothing more.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
You mean the same Cruz that didn't play a down of football last year and is iffy to even start this season? You don't say? Dumb argument is dumb.

The number of TD's he scored is equal to the number of picks Carr had last year

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Yeah I can agree with that somewhat. There certainly are poor tacklers, though. Most NFL DBs are poor tacklers.

I think most are poor tacklers as well. But many teams are leaving those players off their lists. Business decisions are frowned upon.