Cowboys By No Means Out on Earl Thomas

RamziD

Reaction score
What I don’t understand is this

There’s some good safties coming out in free agency

Why can other teams just sign people and we can’t? We can’t roll with what we have

Free Agency hasn’t even started...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I've never seen taxes play out in negotiations as a deciding factor.
If that were the case the Cowboys,Mavericks and Rangers would be #1 on every free agents list.
Spurs too! Don't forget them!

Vanilla2

Reaction score
OMG!!!!

I wish dallas would stop turning everything into a 12 episode drama season

Either bring in thomas and get a deal done or like your own guys

Either one this whole maybe she does or maybe she doesn’t ITS OLD!!!

Somebody’s taken the cheese

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Rumors around the internet is that it’s a three team race between Dallas, Houston, and SF for ET.

Take it with a grain of salt, there are lots of rumors out there right now ahead of the midnight negotiations window. Hard to know what is legit and what’s just made up.

davidariust24

Reaction score
I'd pay him 13 million a season but for only 2 years. I'd fully guarantee it too. If we get Thomas and say a Gerald McCoy(if cut) it would be time to go get a superbowl. We went what 8-2 after cooper, if we got Thomas alone that would be huge and great but if we get Thomas and McCoy gets cut we need to try amd.get both for short term . If Thomas can come back like he was pre injury and play on our defense we will be better than last year with him alone.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
There’s rumors they want both of Collins and et. Rayman70 stated it and I looked it up and I saw it on twitter after

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I'd pay him 13 million a season but for only 2 years. I'd fully guarantee it too. If we get Thomas and say a Gerald McCoy(if cut) it would be time to go get a superbowl. We went what 8-2 after cooper, if we got Thomas alone that would be huge and great but if we get Thomas and McCoy gets cut we need to try amd.get both for short term . If Thomas can come back like he was pre injury and play on our defense we will be better than last year with him alone.

Cowboys have 25 mill in cap space.

We can't afford him.

davidariust24

Reaction score
There’s rumors they want both of Collins and et. Rayman70 stated it and I looked it up and I saw it on twitter after
I would too. Elite safeties are the hardest players to find. They are harder to find than QBs and DEs. I'd sign them.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
One thing about liars when they get to the point where they forget what lies they told to who.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
So how does it work?

Jones doesn’t need a new contract this offseason. Neither does cooper or zeke or dak.
Lawrence can be tagged as well.

Next year they have currently 124 million in cap space. That’s without the restructures they can do on Martin, Thomas and Smith.

They can afford all them and then some.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Jones doesn’t need a new contract this offseason. Neither does cooper or zeke or dak.
Lawrence can be tagged as well.

Next year they have currently 124 million in cap space. That’s without the restructures they can do on Martin, Thomas and Smith.

They can afford all them and then some.

And that’s without even factoring in the fact the cap has gone up 10+ mil every year. So make that closer to 140 than 120.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
That’s 140 million with 55% of the roster retained. 55 mil we’re currently on the hook for, for over half the roster. That leaves 70+% of the cap to fill 45% of the roster. And you know damn well the next 23 guys aren’t all getting the big pay. But 5,6,7,8 guys? Easily done.

Aven8

Reaction score
4 games played and 3 picks, with two of those on Dak with no practice. Sign me up

408Cowboy

Reaction score
It's call the Art of the Deal.

Our President wrote the book.

It's like with North Korea.

No deal?

We can afford to wait.

Can you?

It is not like we are missing anything doing this.

Richard was his coach in Seattle so he knows the defense.

This could take until summer.

:popcorn:
Tony Schwartz is not the President.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s looking like it might be a 2 horse race. How much does Texas mean to Earl? Hopefully a couple M’s lol

https://nfltraderumors.co/cowboys-by-no-means-out-on-earl-thomas/

I think most people with any common sense didn't believe the "Cowboys out on ET report(s)".

The Cowboys obviously like the player but their approach in recent years is to let things play out instead of forcing the issue and over-paying.

The Cowboys also know that ET really wants to play for a team in Texas. It appears that his wife plans to live in Austin TX regardless of where he plays.

I think Seattle is the longest plane trip to/from Texas of any city with an NFL team.

For relative distances I'll use the "by car" distance to/from Dallas for a few of the longer distance NFL cities:

Seattle: 2,106 miles

Buffalo NY: 1,364

Miami: 1,356

LA: 1,432

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Too much smoke and flirting for Dallas not to be interested in ET. Unless someone throws an obscene offer at him— I think Dallas gets the player.

Good PR for Dallas, for ET, and an early win in FA to quiet the fanbase down a bit :laugh:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
ET has already bought a home in Austin, enrolled his kids in AISD, his parents live in Texas, and he trains at the University of Texas in the offseason.

Unless somebody gives him stupid money, like $20 mill a season or something, hard for me to imagine Earl telling Dallas no thanks.