Cowboys Camp Construction 'Crosses A Line!’ - Irate Oxnard Residents

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Show where he was warned about it. Accidents happen. When did this party bus crash happen?

So Jerry controls what players do and he controls any accidents that occur?

:facepalm:

How about the accidents from all other players and teams, or worse, doing violent things to others from other players.
Notice how he is taking a while to respond. He's probably Googling anything negative he can find to use against the Jones family.

:muttley:

Rayman70

Reaction score
ahhhh..Nosferatu...
R.efc96567e90f7c147c343b20b24ba0ff
ie Jerry. Leave it to Jerry and he WILL find a way to muck up the works, even before camp.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Show where he was warned about it. Accidents happen. When did this party bus crash happen?

So Jerry controls what players do and he controls any accidents that occur?

:facepalm:

How about the accidents from all other players and teams, or worse, doing violent things to others from other players.
Kind of pathetic how the company men knee jerk anytime someone want to hold the owner to account for anything.

Do you really think setting something up INCHES from a property line, with people able to look right into someones home, is nothing to complain about? REALLY?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kind of pathetic how the company men knee jerk anytime someone want to hold the owner to account for anything.

Do you really think setting something up INCHES from a property line, with people able to look right into someones home, is nothing to complain about? REALLY?
Company men?
Explain.

Kind of pathetic how many dislike Jerry over such trivial things.

I guess it is a grunt thing vs. authority.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

A property line is a property line. One can build anything they want as long as it's within their property line. Tough cookies for those who built their homes knowingly next to the Cowboys training camp property.

shabazz

Reaction score
The thing is, they built and bought these places knowing this will happen every year. So yeah they will complain about it as well, I bet the noise also.

It is like… buy a huge vehicle …then complain how much gas you use.
Perhaps the additional noise disturbed their Zen sessions……shouldn’t be anything a Double Caramel Mochiatto can’t fix.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So I guess they sleep with the curtains or blinds open....she said wake up to...so I guess that means they were not woken up by the construction or any noise.

“To wake up on a Saturday with your pajamas on and there’s a whole bunch of men looking [in from] outside, that’s very disrespectful,” resident Shalea Thompson said. “My daughter and I were in our pajamas, and we had to run upstairs because there were a whole bunch of men peering into our house, maybe not on purpose but still."

shabazz

Reaction score
yep, screw up your home state so bad and just move to another one like pests.....used to be they were going up to the NW, now they coming down SW. Jerry should have sent Stephen to talk to them personally and give them tickets to PS games or at least Cowboys gear. LOL......
They leave their own states because of high regulation, high crime and high taxes……and inevitably start enacting policies that will create those same things in their new communities.

Austin anyone? ……….nothing says Texas like streets full of tents

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If I wanna put something in my yard an inch from my neighbors property....... I don't give one rats butt what they think.
Many towns and states have ordinances in place that require any permanent structure, such as a fence or rock wall, to be a certain distance from the property line. I don't know if non permanent structures such as these apply.

PackersNation

Reaction score
Nope. The Cowboys don't need to notify or ask for permission from those residents. If those neighboring residents don't like it, they can walk over to the front gate and pay to enter and watch the Cowboys practice just like everybody else.
No one said they "need" to or "have" to.

The point is that it's Cowboys fans who want to view practice that are complaining. They have been living there for years and viewing practice. The Cowboys could have notified them of a new temporary structure going up. Possibly the temporary structure could be moved where it doesn't block the view of practice. As I said, no they don't have a right to view practice, but it would be nice to allow the residence of the area to continue to view training camp practices from their homes.

The end.

PackersNation

Reaction score
they can walk over to the front gate and pay to enter and watch the Cowboys practice just like everybody else.
Edit to my last post: *residents.

The Cowboys charge a few to watch training camp practice? Wow, not many teams are that greedy and disrespectful to their fans.

Some teams do ticket the event at no charge. Just to keep attendance levels in check.

PackersNation

Reaction score
*Fee

Why is there no ability to edit a post after a short period of time?

Very strange indeed, to not allow comments to be edited or deleted.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The people complaining are Cowboys fans that in the past watched practice from their residences and balconies.

The structure blocks their view of practice. I've never been to Cowboys camp in Oxnard, but have seen the person and his Cowboys flag that this one individual that is upset is talking about. You can understand why he is upset that he can no longer view camp from his home. No, it's not his right to view camp from his home, but he has done it for years, and to suddenly cut him off from that with no notification is wrong.

The Cowboys should have spoken to the residents of the area and explained the new structure. Then when they heard feedback, they could have moved the structure to another location on the practice fields, that isn't blocking views. This still can be done and hopefully will be.
I haven’t been there since 2021.

There is a housing development that is separated by a wall from the playing fields.

Dallas uses platforms to film the practices.

PackersNation

Reaction score
I haven’t been there since 2021.

There is a housing development that is separated by a wall from the playing fields.

Dallas uses platforms to film the practices.
They have always used platforms to film practices. This "temporary structure" is apparently something new this year.

My question is, can it be moved to another location on the practice field, so it doesn't block the view of people that have viewed practices from their homes for many years?

Seems like there is an easy solution to this, but I am not sure the Cowboys care about the fans and residents of the area. That would be unfortunate.

Can someone tell me what the Cowboys charge fans to view training camp practices? I have been going to training camp in Green Bay for many years. Never was a charge to attend camp. Thousands of fans attend every practice at Ray Nitschke Field during camp. Most NFL teams do not charge fees for training camp practices. I find it offensive, if true, that the Cowboys do.