***Cowboys Chris (aka Quarterback Coach) Mega Thread***

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2500269 said:
Its one of the most embarrassing things I have ever seen as a fan. He should be ashamed of himself and all the people that bring attention to this should be embarrassed that they are making such a big deal out of it.

I saw that cowboy chris dude standing outside the main gate sunday night. Myself and doctor32 walked right by him. IF he got thrown out of the stadium for heckling werder again, he should be tarred and feathered.

All this nonsense to heckle a guy all the players and coaches like, Ed Werder. Unless your the president of the T.O. fan club I dont understand why anyone cares what werder said.

Not only should cowboy chris be ashamed of himself he should feel silly for not even understanding the situation.

Forget it. The mob has spoken. They are impervious to reason, manners, or good taste. They are indifferent to the free speech rights of their "opponents." The media is the "enemy," and anything goes. Why think when you can attack?

Reaction score
Ugh...this won't go away will it....Cowboy Ian I will get you... :)

Back home boys...the torch is passed to another I guess. Go Cowboys! Defend our club! And my 15 minutes are now officially done!

I love you all though.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
RoadRunner;2500335 said:
Its still an apples and oranges fallacy as there is no valid reason for unnamed sources in mere football stories. Only cowards use those in something like this as nobody's life or property are on the line here. Nobody is going to get the Jimmy Hoffa treatment for something like this.

Not only that, but the TO/Romo/Witten deal isn't going to be involving police that can verify what happened, nor is it going to wind up in court where those anonymous sources could be called to testify, and if they refuse then any evidence regarding what they have to say will be thrown out as inadmissable.

So unnamed sources can only be used when it's a life or death situation?

Can you cite some official source that states this to be so? Or is this how you wish the world to operate?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
bbgun;2500345 said:
Forget it. The mob has spoken. They are impervious to reason, manners, or good taste. They are indifferent to the free speech rights of their "opponents." The media is the "enemy," and anything goes. Why think when you can attack?

Or as someone said to me in another post, in so many words, the media are suppose to have standards, the average Joe is not. :laugh1:

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Dallas22;2500333 said:
Also remember, Cowboy Chris never said even 1 curse word... just making that point :laugh1:

That's correct and he never threatened anyone. Just told it like it is in those videos. His 1-5 series, lol, he honesty came out and approached the team about the 5 things that was driving everyone crazy on this board. That's what cracks me up. Even Barbie Carpenter got to hear it.

cowboyblue31

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2500328 said:
First, one sports reporter can not demand that another sports reporter devulge his sources.

Second, you probably meant "editor," and no editor is going to make his reporter reveal his sources publicly. Maybe that editor will ask the reporter to reveal the source to him - for accountability's sake. But no editor or reporter who understands the business of journalism would reveal his source publicly. Reporters, in many cases, go to jail protecting their sources.

That's like saying if you're a lawyer, you're going to make another lawyer violate attorney-client privilege.

There's a world that fans create, and then there's the real world.

:hammer:

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2500349 said:
Ugh...this won't go away will it....Cowboy Ian I will get you... :)

Back home boys...the torch is passed to another I guess. Go Cowboys! Defend our club! And my 15 minutes are now officially done!

I love you all though.

Awesome work my friend. Good defending the fort. You did it at the right time too. There was no better week for a fan to step up thus far. Hopefully when it's needed it will happen again. Much love CC! Hope you'll be around posting though. Your input is greatly appreciated.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2500362 said:
Or as someone said to me in another post, in so many words, the media are suppose to have standards, the average Joe is not. :laugh1:

Werder vs. a publicity-seeking attention hog who moonlights as a professional trouble maker. Gee, that's a toughie--if you're objective, that is.

Reaction score
Hey gang...I saw the game...Werder hates me...the trip was great...sadly I have a real life (and contrary to what ESPN producer Sean thinks) a job to get too as well.

I just defended my team the only way I could. If it makes Werder think twice about stirring things up then mission accomplished. I actually think he may not be a bad guy, however his actions seem typical of the news media today...too much TMZ in them I guess.

You guys have all been great! Dallas is a great city. Iceberg, thank you so much for the beer and the T-Shirt! Great, great place to hang!

More importantly...the Cowboys won. I will be screaming from back home in Orlando on Saturday night...maybe you will hear me.

Take care!!!! oh, and more importantly...GO COWBOYS!!!!

Maybe you now understand when I yelled at the coaches that it truly is cause I love this team...(even though they make me crazy sometimes) :)

Reaction score
thisisepic;2500235 said:
It's a bit on the immature side to be honest.

I'd say tabloid journalism and constantly hounding a professional athlete is both immature and borderline criminal. ESPN and Werder need to quit perpetuating their own storylines and start delivering straight sports coverage.

TO has his faults and is sometimes misguided (like we all are) but he doesn't deserve this crap from ESPN.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
theebs;2500252 said:
You are very naive.

I have said this many times on here and even shown proof with pictures. I go to every home game, and every week I go down and take pictures and mingle around by the cowboys tunnell.

So I will say this one more time and be done with this moronic argument that has occupied and held hostage football and cowboys news.

The players and coaches on this team all like ed werder. They talk to him on the field during warmups every week. And you know who spends the most time talking to Ed Werder, Brian stewart. Every week I see witten, both garretts, wes phillips, newman, romo, bradie, ware,carpenter and jerry on the field in warmups and they all talk to him. And they are all smiling and so is he.

He has been around this team for all of these guys careers 24-7. There were never once problems with ed werder reporting from Dallas until 81 showed up.

I believe werder has a ton of sources in Dallas because I see him talking to people in every level of this organization every game. I have never seen one player or coach blow him off. And again Brian stewart comes out very early and jogs around the field about 4 or 5 times before every game and he always stops and has lengthy discussions with Ed Werder.

And a side note, Not one person would talk to him sunday night. Ed stopped brian stewart sunday to talk and Myself and doctor 32 were right there and we basically saw brian stewart turn his hands up and say I cant. Ed had a look of disbelief on his face. Not one player talked to him. at one point werder went and stood on the 20 yard line while romo and witten were getting loose and they wouldnt even look at him.

The whole situation is sad.

Does ESPN have an agenda, absolutely. Does Ed Werder take orders and press issues with 81, absolutely.

Does ED Werder have good access to the cowboys organization, yes better than any other reporter. Does Ed have a ton of cowboys sources, absolutely yes.

Is owens guilty of everything he is charged with, absolutely not. Is He completely innocent absolutely not.

I think it is very childish of this organization to not let their guys talk sunday night to ed. I think owens is extremely childish and always has been. HIs immaturity has led to all this nonsense. Werder was taking candy from a baby.

Now because the head coach was joking about it after the game sunday, which I find extremely arrogant and short sighted and because owens is going to continue to use ed's name and whine this will never go away.

And if we lose one of these two games, especially that philly game, this will be all we here about all offseason and because of wade phillips schizo reactions to this he has set himself up for a tremendous backlash.

again though, 99% of the fans of this team are naive about the team and its relationship with werder, only owens dislikes him. The rest of the players, coaches and the owner talk to him at length on the field and in the locker room I am sure.

Good post, theebs.

tyke1doe said:
There's a world that fans create, and then there's the real world.

Well said. I would also add there's a world Terrell Owens creates.

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2500373 said:
Awesome work my friend. Good defending the fort. You did it at the right time too. There was no better week for a fan to step up thus far. Hopefully when it's needed it will happen again. Much love CC! Hope you'll be around posting though. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Absolutely I will!!!

Wait until read messes up our special teams again...I'll post!!! :)

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
"Location: In Werder's Head" That's funny.

I don't really know if I could do it, but sheesh after the Rams game someone had to voice the displeasure of the fans (especially paying ones), and I really can't stand journalists who twist the truth, no matter how prevalent they may be.

I don't know if Werder's a good or bad guy, but there is no harm in sending a message that some people do not like that trend of journalism. I think the media plays a very important role in society, as does freedom of speech.

At least you didn't throw your shoe at him, hehe;) How's that for perspective. Maybe he should be thankful.

Up here in Canada you would likely be viewed as a space alien if you did that (well maybe at hockey games it would be normal), but if you have love of the team at heart, even disagreeing fans should be forgiving hehe.

LarryCanadian

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
theebs;2500252 said:
You are very naive.

I have said this many times on here and even shown proof with pictures. I go to every home game, and every week I go down and take pictures and mingle around by the cowboys tunnell.

So I will say this one more time and be done with this moronic argument that has occupied and held hostage football and cowboys news.

The players and coaches on this team all like ed werder. They talk to him on the field during warmups every week. And you know who spends the most time talking to Ed Werder, Brian stewart. Every week I see witten, both garretts, wes phillips, newman, romo, bradie, ware,carpenter and jerry on the field in warmups and they all talk to him. And they are all smiling and so is he.

He has been around this team for all of these guys careers 24-7. There were never once problems with ed werder reporting from Dallas until 81 showed up.

I believe werder has a ton of sources in Dallas because I see him talking to people in every level of this organization every game. I have never seen one player or coach blow him off. And again Brian stewart comes out very early and jogs around the field about 4 or 5 times before every game and he always stops and has lengthy discussions with Ed Werder.

And a side note, Not one person would talk to him sunday night. Ed stopped brian stewart sunday to talk and Myself and doctor 32 were right there and we basically saw brian stewart turn his hands up and say I cant. Ed had a look of disbelief on his face. Not one player talked to him. at one point werder went and stood on the 20 yard line while romo and witten were getting loose and they wouldnt even look at him.

The whole situation is sad.

Does ESPN have an agenda, absolutely. Does Ed Werder take orders and press issues with 81, absolutely.

Does ED Werder have good access to the cowboys organization, yes better than any other reporter. Does Ed have a ton of cowboys sources, absolutely yes.

Is owens guilty of everything he is charged with, absolutely not. Is He completely innocent absolutely not.

I think it is very childish of this organization to not let their guys talk sunday night to ed. I think owens is extremely childish and always has been. HIs immaturity has led to all this nonsense. Werder was taking candy from a baby.

Now because the head coach was joking about it after the game sunday, which I find extremely arrogant and short sighted and because owens is going to continue to use ed's name and whine this will never go away.

And if we lose one of these two games, especially that philly game, this will be all we here about all offseason and because of wade phillips schizo reactions to this he has set himself up for a tremendous backlash.

again though, 99% of the fans of this team are naive about the team and its relationship with werder, only owens dislikes him. The rest of the players, coaches and the owner talk to him at length on the field and in the locker room I am sure.

Great post Theebs.

No doubt that Ed Werder has sources and it would be extremely foolish of him to start naming those sources.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
LarryCanadian;2497296 said:
Is Cowboy Chris the guy that heckled Wade at the bus about 6-7 games ago. Yelling out "shame on you" etc. Maybe he's responsible for Wade taking over the D calling too, hehe. I swear its the same guy. Cowboy Chris wasn't as popular that time, if it's same guy (although I agreed with him then too!).

Anyway, I think Werder is enough of a slime to have it coming. I hate sensationalized and weak journalism. It's like being a parasite. Werder is not the only one, but there are too many slimo reporters.

LarryCanadian

Yes. :D

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2500219 said:
This guy is getting more than his 15 minutes of fame.

Up next: Jay Leno, Conan O'Brien or David Letterman. :laugh1:

:lmao2: :lmao:

Get your showbiz outfit ready Chris.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
theebs;2500269 said:
Its one of the most embarrassing things I have ever seen as a fan. He should be ashamed of himself and all the people that bring attention to this should be embarrassed that they are making such a big deal out of it.

I saw that cowboy chris dude standing outside the main gate sunday night. Myself and doctor32 walked right by him. IF he got thrown out of the stadium for heckling werder again, he should be tarred and feathered.

All this nonsense to heckle a guy all the players and coaches like, Ed Werder. Unless your the president of the T.O. fan club I dont understand why anyone cares what werder said.

Not only should cowboy chris be ashamed of himself he should feel silly for not even understanding the situation.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So lame

People and their freaking glass houses...