Twitter: Cowboys considering a David Irving return?

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
Absolutely it is, but I do think it's a bit of a misstatement to say it isn't addictive. It may not be physically addictive, but for many there is a mental/emotional dependency they either can't shake or have difficulty shaking. Randy Gregory may be the NFL poster boy for that.

Coffee is mentally (and physically) addictive. Exercise can be both mentally and physically addictive. Nicotine is extremely addictive in every way. Alcohol is extremely addictive. These are all “ok” to use because they are legal. Marijuana causes less harm than both alcohol and nicotine yet is chastised in large part because it is illegal and against the “rules”. Once that changes, no one will care because marijuana does not cause the kind of harm that substances which SHOULD generate larger outcry (like opioids) do.

kskboys

Reaction score
Brilliant logic. Congrats.
Dude, that is exactly what I was thinking!!!!!!! Your best argument was that it was a plant. Do you have any idea how funny you've made this? You're making fun of your own argument!!!! As you said, Brilliant!!!!!?

kskboys

Reaction score
Coffee is mentally (and physically) addictive. Exercise can be both mentally and physically addictive. Nicotine is extremely addictive in every way. Alcohol is extremely addictive. These are all “ok” to use because they are legal. Marijuana causes less harm than both alcohol and nicotine yet is chastised in large part because it is illegal and against the “rules”. Once that changes, no one will care because marijuana does not cause the kind of harm that substances which SHOULD generate larger outcry (like opioids) do.
The harm pot causes is up for debate, w/ data starting to roll in that shows the opposite of what you're saying.

chagus

Reaction score
Dude, that is exactly what I was thinking!!!!!!! Your best argument was that it was a plant. Do you have any idea how funny you've made this? You're making fun of your own argument!!!! As you said, Brilliant!!!!!?
Look man... im not gonna play this childish game with you. Marijuana has been on earth and ingested by not only humans, but animals as well for thousands of years with ZERO deaths. You busted out a dangerous, toxic plant as comparison. You knew where i was going, yet you decided to counter point with weak Jr. High-like logic. We ALL KNOW its beneficial, its been proven to be beneficial and now its finally being slowly legalized. Get used to that.

Take up this argument with your state representatives, not me.

Anyhoo... back to the original OP...i hope Randy and David are both back as we ALL KNOW how beneficial they are to the Dline and they have caused ZERO team mate deaths.

See how stupid that logic sounds? Just saying.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
There is a huge downside. The downside is that we could easily lose out on some talented youngsters if we waste time w/ this ignorant pothead.

Exactly. Jerry made that mistake before, please don't make the same mistake again Jerry.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Here's another real point......how "disruptive" will it be when they have to replace him... a-g-a-i-n ?
AND - people can only pick out 1 game.

paul palmer had one good game for us
larry brown had a hell of a superbowl
didn't garrett have a "good game" with us?

so far people do remember that green bay game and no, not without reason. but how come we can't name GAMES he did well in?

he made his choice. let him keep it.

tm1119

Reaction score
If he’s coming back because he needs money that’s another good reason to steer clear of him. Can’t imagine the team would have much trust in him. He was given a great opportunity and walked away from the game. The organization needs to stop wasting their time with players like him. You can’t count on them and they become a distraction.

I hate to break up your 4th grade fairy tale but EVERY player plays for the money. You seriously think guys put their bodies on the line for “the love of the game”? Do you also still believe in Santa clause?

InTheZone

Reaction score
I hate to break up your 4th grade fairy tale but EVERY player plays for the money. You seriously think guys put their bodies on the line for “the love of the game”? Do you also still believe in Santa clause?
needing money =/= playing for the money, just saying. Have a great day.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Data is starting to roll in. Check out a book by Berenson, if you want proof. It's mostly data and facts.
Regardless of a book I believe it's common sense that inhaling any kind of smoke in general is harmful. That isn't including whatever else is in it.

tm1119

Reaction score
needing money =/= playing for the money, just saying. Have a great day.

Well 1. You don’t actually know what Irving’s financial situation is like. And 2. by your logic we shouldn’t draft any rookies then since most are broke and need money. We’ll just throw away our draft picks unless we can find a player from a wealthy family.

Not to mention that it’s completely bizarre that you care what a players motivating factor is. As long as he’s on the field (and under the proposed rules he presumably would be able to be) why would you care why he chooses to play?

InTheZone

Reaction score
Well 1. You don’t actually know what Irving’s financial situation is like. And 2. by your logic we shouldn’t draft any rookies then since most are broke and need money. We’ll just throw away our draft picks unless we can find a player from a wealthy family.

Not to mention that it’s completely bizarre that you care what a players motivating factor is. As long as he’s on the field (and under the proposed rules he presumably would be able to be) why would you care why he chooses to play?
I wasn't the one who you were initially replying to. Just clarifying that what someone else said was misunderstood by you and you're jumping to the wrong conclusions. And that is happening again with your response to me.