Cowboys & Dak Prescott are expected to have deal done before free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
pay the choker, his lovers on here will be ecstatic when he gets extended. It's like those few Garrett losers who were happy when he got extended. No difference except this will ruin the team for 4 or 5 more years. wahoo. get that money choker. Chris Collingsworth will be happy.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
No matter where you stand on Dak, extending him provides the best short and long term cap relief, so this is a deal that needs to be done.

Just leaving Dak's deal alone costs almost $60 million this year. That's too much for one player, even if Dak led a deep playoff run.

To me Dallas needs to do another four year extension, this time WITHOUT the no-trade clause and WITH an "out" after one or two years. Force Dak to bet on himself and protect the team long term. Also remember any potential dead money owed Dak in 2026 or 2027 if he's cut should be mitigated by the expected cap increase every year.
“Mitigated”? Meanwhile the other 31 franchises use the increased cap space to improve their rosters. Dak can’t be forced to do anything. He need only show up when and where he’s directed to and earn whatever he’s due to be paid in the last year of the contract Jerry signed with him. The Cowboys are forced to do something with Dak. They’ll be calling his agent and propose a deal. It’s going to have to be a good one.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
the Jones made a mistake now they will make it worse

I am done watching this team
You can't just quit.

You have to spend the rest of your life watching this team.

Sure, they'll likely never win or even go to a SB in your lifetime, and year after year you'll be subjected to false hope that ultimately leads to disappointment, and then your life will end, and you will be laying on ur deathbed realizing the thousands of hours you wasted on false hope of this team that could have been spent with your children or family, and then.. you'll die.

But hey, that's just being a fan!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I predict 60 million per year, and same not trade clause, not sure about the no tag.
After all he is worth more than mahomes isnt he ??

DandyDon52

Reaction score
No matter where you stand on Dak, extending him provides the best short and long term cap relief, so this is a deal that needs to be done.

Just leaving Dak's deal alone costs almost $60 million this year. That's too much for one player, even if Dak led a deep playoff run.

To me Dallas needs to do another four year extension, this time WITHOUT the no-trade clause and WITH an "out" after one or two years. Force Dak to bet on himself and protect the team long term. Also remember any potential dead money owed Dak in 2026 or 2027 if he's cut should be mitigated by the expected cap increase every year.
That wont happen , there will be a no trade clause, and no way out because the first thing jones boys do is push 40 mil into the future.
plus his new salary will be 60 mil a year ....every year lol and they will push it all to end of contract, so then it might be 100 mil or more for the last year
instead of 60.

They are not even close to going to a sb right now, so why not take the hit this year?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I predict 60 million per year, and same not trade clause, not sure about the no tag.
After all he is worth more than mahomes isnt he ??
Mahomes’ compensation is his business. Prescott’s compensation is his business. If either one of them feels he should be paid more it’s up to either one to ask for it. For sure what they’re paid is none of my business.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Kurt Warner and Cole Beasley explained the reasons for the INTs vs Packers...

So how does that translate to Dak being a proven playoff choker?

Ok AC I agree with what this guy and kurt said in this video.
Like I have said many times, our coaches suck, play designs have been bad for years, game plans are bad 80% of the time.
Add to that sloppy executions, and dak blindly trying to make the play work, when he could take off and run on that play but instead he tried to force
it in to the #1 read. He had time to go to 2nd read but didnt.

I think mm wanted dak to throw to 1st read this year so ball gets out quicker, but that is flawed way to play.

It isnt all on dak, but he doesnt over come this bad play design either, and he evidently doesnt speak up that it is flawed either
May he isnt smart enough to see the flaws, or just doesnt want MM mad at him.
So we bring back MM and his bad plays, and dak will still struggle, not run, and not speak out, so what to they have in 24??
Well more of the same.
They all are at fault.

Some want to put it all on dak, because that is easy, but even if we get the best qb in the draft, you still have the same people designing bad plays
and a rookie qb who isnt going to be able to over come it all on a regular basis.You will still have the killer ints like this.
And this is all on jones boys who hire the wrong coaches, and bad coaching.
More of the same in 24.

Now the only thing good about dumping dak now, and going with a rookie or another vet, is they would be much cheaper, and if they use that money
saved to get better costly players in other positions, now that qb is cheap, that might get them further in the playoffs, but I still think they would struggle
in playoffs.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Mahomes’ compensation is his business. Prescott’s compensation is his business. If either one of them feels he should be paid more it’s up to either one to ask for it. For sure what they’re paid is none of my business.
It is if your the GM of a team, and if your a fan analyzing what the team or gm should do it is your business too.
If I am just daks neighbor, then sure it is none of my business.

The problem is the NFL , and the media tell us openly every year what these guys make which I think would be better if they kept is all private,
and dont tell the public, so then problem solved, but the NfL wont do that so explain that??

Mannix

Reaction score
Booger needs to call a meeting with Dork and his agent, and tell them..."Your time is over here....Dick Van Patten said it best....Eight is Enough"

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not even going to argue with you. Other expert players have explained how he choked... and it was three years in a row. Three years in a row. It's not a statistical fluke. His ankle injury gave him the yips he can't get rid of. Sorry to see it because he had such promise...but it ruined him mentally.
Nope. Not even close.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
It is if your the GM of a team, and if your a fan analyzing what the team or gm should do it is your business too.

The problem is the NFL , and the media tell us openly every year what these guys make which I think would be better if they kept is all private,
and dont tell the public, so then problem solved, but the NfL wont do that so explain that??
The owners would rather not make players’ salaries public, for obvious reasons. Player salaries are made public at the insistence of the players, the Player’s Association, and their agents. The league is not to blame for everything fans don’t like.

nobody

Reaction score
Nope. Not even close.
We'll see how you react when he retires without a ring after he's choked every future opportunity. I'm still not sure why you are so emotionally invested in defending him to me when you know there's no chance I'll change my mind after I supported him for years and gave up on him for choking too much. Mad respect, bro, but I'm never going to believe in him again unless he actually gets to the NFC championship AND plays well in it. He doesn't have to make it to the SB and win. But he won't even do that much.

His contract is an anchor to the team given his postseason performances. It is what it is. :) We're not going to agree about him. No offense, bro.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The owners would rather not make players’ salaries public, for obvious reasons. Player salaries are made public at the insistence of the players, the Player’s Association, and their agents. The league is not to blame for everything fans don’t like.
how do you know that?
Why would players or the Player’s Association want that.
And if the owners wanted them private they would be private.

I think they think it creates more buzz for the league, (people talking) but I think it creates dislike for the player, esp the ones that get the big
contracts.
We get too much info, and it has turned into a monster.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
We'll see how you react when he retires without a ring after he's choked every future opportunity. I'm still not sure why you are so emotionally invested in defending him to me when you know there's no chance I'll change my mind after I supported him for years and gave up on him for choking too much. Mad respect, bro, but I'm never going to believe in him again unless he actually gets to the NFC championship AND plays well in it. He doesn't have to make it to the SB and win. But he won't even do that much.

His contract is an anchor to the team given his postseason performances. It is what it is. :) We're not going to agree about him. No offense, bro.
Truth

DuncanIso

Reaction score
#SalaryCap

DuncanIso

Reaction score

#SalaryCap

Status
Not open for further replies.