Cowboys & Dak Prescott are expected to have deal done before free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can't just quit.

You have to spend the rest of your life watching this team.

Sure, they'll likely never win or even go to a SB in your lifetime, and year after year you'll be subjected to false hope that ultimately leads to disappointment, and then your life will end, and you will be laying on ur deathbed realizing the thousands of hours you wasted on false hope of this team that could have been spent with your children or family, and then.. you'll die.

But hey, that's just being a fan!
That's the spirit! :laugh:

StarLord

Reaction score
He came in 2nd for NFL MVP.
Sure.. who actually cares about personal accolades? Ultimately is he right for the team? I'd say the last 8 years of playoffs results show that he is not. You think he's good enough to win a Super Bowl? Ok sure, but it's clear either way that it's not happening on this team.. so time to move on.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok AC I agree with what this guy and kurt said in this video.
Like I have said many times, our coaches suck, play designs have been bad for years, game plans are bad 80% of the time.
Add to that sloppy executions, and dak blindly trying to make the play work, when he could take off and run on that play but instead he tried to force
it in to the #1 read. He had time to go to 2nd read but didnt.

I think mm wanted dak to throw to 1st read this year so ball gets out quicker, but that is flawed way to play.

It isnt all on dak, but he doesnt over come this bad play design either, and he evidently doesnt speak up that it is flawed either
May he isnt smart enough to see the flaws, or just doesnt want MM mad at him.
So we bring back MM and his bad plays, and dak will still struggle, not run, and not speak out, so what to they have in 24??
Well more of the same.
They all are at fault.

Some want to put it all on dak, because that is easy, but even if we get the best qb in the draft, you still have the same people designing bad plays
and a rookie qb who isnt going to be able to over come it all on a regular basis.You will still have the killer ints like this.
And this is all on jones boys who hire the wrong coaches, and bad coaching.
More of the same in 24.

Now the only thing good about dumping dak now, and going with a rookie or another vet, is they would be much cheaper, and if they use that money
saved to get better costly players in other positions, now that qb is cheap, that might get them further in the playoffs, but I still think they would struggle
in playoffs.
I am willing to bet there's not one person here who thinks our execs, management, coaches, scheme are perfect.

But Dak has brought much of any criticism on himself. Like stepping out of bounds untouched at the one yard, or throwing a 3rd down pass out of bounds when you desperately need to kill the clock. SO what if MM called three (incomplete) passes in a row? Take a sack.

These are NOT tipped or dropped passes like the excuses flew last year. They are dumb mistakes that your superstar veteran QB should not make.

Add to it...the salary, but of course. And being crowned as a very great leader. Heck just being the QB brings the heat. Just the way things work in an adult world. In our crazy messed up world.

I can't figure out why we have a couple people on an incessant crusade to stop it all. It's kind of megalomaniac insanity.

StarLord

Reaction score
extending Dak helps the current cap. Thats why ya do this.
Ok but seriously, try and think ahead a bit.. in a few years, we'll be back here with no playoff success because he can't handle the pressure and then he'll eventually be too old to justifiably resign to "help the cap." Then we have to eat it eventually. Imagine the Chiefs if they used this logic with Alex Smith. Suck cost fallacy with Dak. The money is gone, and we aren't getting to a SB with him. Move on.

You lose every shot you don't take.. that's us. Losing every shot because we're.. comfortable?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just stop....there isn't a poster on this board pushing Dak's extension card except for cap relief. I'm pretty sure at least 90% fans/posters would rather move on but the cap makes it damn near impossible.
We could easily do it if we had any courage. Painful? Yep. So is what we are doing now.

Would it mean super bowl? You don't know until you have the guts to do it.

Having said that...unless by some miracle (not likely for us!) Lance blooms or lucky draft?...I'd say we got Dak for 1-2 more years. I think we should pursue the successor with some degree of seriousness.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok but seriously, try and think ahead a bit.. in a few years, we'll be back here with no playoff success because he can't handle the pressure and then he'll eventually be too old to justifiably resign to "help the cap." Then we have to eat it eventually. Imagine the Chiefs if they used this logic with Alex Smith. Suck cost fallacy with Dak. The money is gone, and we aren't getting to a SB with him. Move on.

You lose every shot you don't take.. that's us. Losing every shot because we're.. comfortable?
Sort of like a war....you've planned an invasion and you know you're going to take heavy losses. Very painful....But the end result means victory.

I think you are right...I think the cap hit comes..and gonna hurt not matter how you slice it. Do it now and get it over with? Kick it down the road with nothing to show?

And would it even matter? (I'm usually not such a defeatist!)

StarLord

Reaction score
Sort of like a war....you've planned an invasion and you know you're going to take heavy losses. Very painful....But the end result means victory.

I think you are right...I think the cap hit comes..and gonna hurt not matter how you slice it. Do it now and get it over with? Kick it down the road with nothing to show?

And would it even matter? (I'm usually not such a defeatist!)
Yeah tough to say.. no one wants to go back to the Randall Cunningham days, but I know this: Dak isn't putting 4 solid performances together in a row against playoff teams. He's literally got the worst playoff record of any QB in the history of the game (5 game min.). Like dare to be bold Jerry.

Side note: I'm disgusted with Jerry. You'd think the one really good thing he'd be good out as a GM would be contract negotiations. What did he do with Dak? No trade, and structured in such as a way as to say, "Here I'm giving you ALL the leverage when it comes time for the next contract... and here we are.

Jarntt

Reaction score
This is typical stupid Jerry. I know the cap hit we would endure this year but we can easily get under the cap with the cap increase expected, by signing CeeDee long term and by restructuring a bunch of guys we know we are keeping and can still be active in free agency by backloading contracts. Even if we ultimately sign Dak the following year, clearing this portion of his cap hit off our books is going to help. Remember how low the first year cap hit will be for any of our own or outside FAs we sign. If we extend Dak we just make the problem worse for 4 years (or however long the contract is) down the road. This team needs to realize that if the goal is a SB, this team as currently structured and with Dak taking an even bigger amount of the cap isn't working and you have to admit that whether you think Dak is part of the post season problem or not. This isn't an anti-Dak statement, it's stating that we can't keep running the same guys out there and expect things to all of a sudden change in the playoffs and all I care about are the playoffs, but the Jones' boys won't ever take a step back to go forward.

Rayman70

Reaction score

Oh I agree. I am just telling you guys what THEY will do and why.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sure.. who actually cares about personal accolades? Ultimately is he right for the team? I'd say the last 8 years of playoffs results show that he is not. You think he's good enough to win a Super Bowl? Ok sure, but it's clear either way that it's not happening on this team.. so time to move on.
I could care less about personal accolades however it does show how good of a QB he is. You’re just too ignorant to realize it. You’d probably prefer Lance be the starter or Rush? Just who is going to play QB? You yahoos never can answer that But just wish like little girls for her prince to show up.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It would be interesting to know where that one vote came from.

Also interesting to see how the new vote format works.
McFly, he got more than 1 vote. He had to be voted in as a finalist. You haters always intentionally ignore this fact. Pretty chickencrap.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You prove nothing here but attitude, Ace.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is typical stupid Jerry. I know the cap hit we would endure this year but we can easily get under the cap with the cap increase expected, by signing CeeDee long term and by restructuring a bunch of guys we know we are keeping and can still be active in free agency by backloading contracts. Even if we ultimately sign Dak the following year, clearing this portion of his cap hit off our books is going to help. Remember how low the first year cap hit will be for any of our own or outside FAs we sign. If we extend Dak we just make the problem worse for 4 years (or however long the contract is) down the road. This team needs to realize that if the goal is a SB, this team as currently structured and with Dak taking an even bigger amount of the cap isn't working and you have to admit that whether you think Dak is part of the post season problem or not. This isn't an anti-Dak statement, it's stating that we can't keep running the same guys out there and expect things to all of a sudden change in the playoffs and all I care about are the playoffs, but the Jones' boys won't ever take a step back to go forward.
Pissy attitude, but still a good roster. Change, oh that is but an open season away, now.

CCBoy

Reaction score

I didn't know you were part of the team now...what is your position? Good salary also?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many votes did he get to make the finalist list McFly?
Thats not what i referenced. Changing what i said, then arguing about it....is extremely pathetic.

So you actually think votes to make the final is more important than 1st place votes. Dude....

khiladi

Reaction score
Jason Garrett was also coach of the year.

People act like Dak didn’t play like garbage up into getting destroyed by the 49ers, only to them get mocked on lived TV. They had to alter the offense, dumbing it didn’t more, and of course, he got to beat up on bad teams, but then fizzled out by the end of the year, the last game against the Commanders, the worst defense in the league, padding his stats once again. Then after a bye, the Packers game once again proved it by making Dak have his worst game of the season, second only to the Niners game earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.