Cowboys & Dak Prescott are expected to have deal done before free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydla

Reaction score

I mean their hands are tied at this point.

Personally, I'd have fired the staff and tried to trade Dak but McCarthy is back, they hired Zimmer and Jerry says they are all in this year. So Dak was either getting restructured or extended.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Anyone who actually didn’t expect this was either in denial or wishful thinking

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
I don’t. They cried about “less pie” and they wasted money on Collin’s, Zeke and Jaylon. If you stop handing out 90 million dollar deals to the Terrence Steels or stop handing out 40 million dollar deals to Gallup you wouldn’t have to worry about a pie.
so to your logic which i agree with , don’t give another awful contract out to Dak. He should take 50 million a year and help the team … why fans want Dak to get as much as possible is beyond me

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
so to your logic which i agree with , don’t give another awful contract out to Dak. He should take 50 million a year and help the team … why fans want Dak to get as much as possible is beyond me
50 or 60 million means nothing to me. 10 million a year gets you Cedric Thornton……or some trash like that.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Because they are sticking it to the man vicariously through Dak-lol.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Very smart

Between Tua, Trevor, Love, one of them will be making over 60m$ because the team dragged their feet on an extension and let the other QBs reset the market over and over

LysleE

Reaction score
Let Dak play out the last year of his contract; we all know he cannot play under pressure, so no greater pressure than playing for a new contract; then let him test the FA market and see what he commands. Make him earn the next contract; don’t give him the easy way out with an extension…Dak has been given way too much money by Jerry already.

Signing/extending Dak will cripple this organization and prevent them from keeping and upgrading talent for years to come.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Eagles fans want the Dak deal done ;)
By this time next year Hurts will probably not be one of the top ten paid QBs in the league. He’s already down to fifth and his contract just now goes into effect. Will there be a team that finally draws a line in the sand and says “enough”? I doubt it.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Very smart

Between Tua, Trevor, Love, one of them will be making over 60m$ because the team dragged their feet on an extension and let the other QBs reset the market over and over
One thing I don't get is teams paying these lesser QBs all this money for mediocre play. I'd rather build a damn good team around an average QB instead of blowing the salary cap on a folder.

plymkr

Reaction score
I don’t know about you guys but watching Mahomes clutch play in the Super Bowl makes me feel that Dak definitely deserves way more money than him. I think it’s an insult to Dak if he doesn’t make 5-7 million more than that scrub. Dak led the league in TDs.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Those 2 INTs were explained well by both Kurt Warner and Cole Beasley. Same crap route designs that hurt both the QB and WRs while making it easy for opposing defenses.
Look at this enemy of the state defending Wak. He’s not that good but I understand you sympathize with average football players smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.