News: Cowboys DC Mike Nolan Fired

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
replying to a comment about how people on this board basically said that Payton was not very good here.

You think because he had his play calling taken away from him with the Giants years ago that means he's not a good coach?

How has his play calling been in New Orleans?

Beaker42

Reaction score
Lol what a joke jerry & co are. marinelli was a worse coach and let him drag it out for 6 seasons. We are going to fire a coach after 1 covid season with a bunch of crap players lol. This is such a poorly run team. What did I do to deserve this
Had to be done dude. There were ZERO indicators players were buying in or that it would help us win games next season.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Alright who are we hiring now for DC??

lg9dRDd.jpg

Mike Nolan and his Defensive scheme/playcalls killed the Cowboys 2020 season. Good riddance!

Hope Jerry brings in a proven and much better D-Coordinator with good scheme(s) in 2021.

Majic

Reaction score
matt patricia would be cool...if mccarthy wants"multiple" 3-4 type.
my guess is they're going 4-3.
fine by me.

If you are right (And you may well be) Mike McCarthy's plan of what he wanted to build in Dallas has gone up in smoke already.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Are there any great college defensive coaches we could bring in? Perhaps we can think outside the box.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
What?

So we won’t get anymore threads from xwalker claiming Nolan isn’t actually a bad defensive coach?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I posted something brilliant a few days ago about a no change offseason. Status quo was the way to go. We are loaded. We just need nothing flukey to happen.

oh now i remember that....and i said f to staying the course.....that's what sunk the Titanic . So i'm glad they read my post. :thumbup:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Has successful track record, has experience in either scheme, well respected, can attract quality assistants, is firmilar with the college ranks, huge edge considering all the opt out players

Especially mid-lower rounds......

Motorola

Reaction score
If Mike Zimmer if fired from Vikings , he would be a good DC ( 4-3)
Seven seasons at the helm
Two losing= 7-9 ___ 1st year 2014 and just completed 2020
One .500 = 8-8 and one above =8-7-1
Three 10+ win seasons, three playoff berths, two NFC North titles
Wilcard round loss, conference championship game loss, divisional round loss

In summary -- Vikings give Zimmer one more season.