News: Cowboys DC Mike Nolan Fired

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I cannot believe I am saying this.

but I’m profits of Jerry and Stephen this time. This ONE time. They fired someone ON TIME. When someone fails, BOOT THEM IMMEDIATELY. Don’t give them another year or another chance. They blew it. Good!! Hopefully we can hire someone with some kind of success soon.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Lol what a joke jerry & co are. marinelli was a worse coach and let him drag it out for 6 seasons. We are going to fire a coach after 1 covid season with a bunch of crap players lol. This is such a poorly run team. What did I do to deserve this

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It had to be done.

I was wrong about Nolan.. I thought he would do well here.. That was an absolute disaster.

My3Sons

Reaction score
I never would have hired Nolan, and was one of the few saying so when he was hired, but even I'll admit he didn't really get a fair chance here with circumstances beyond his control.
You were not one of the few. There were quite a few of us!

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I'm actually satisfied so far.

Broaddus told us on the radio after the Washington and Baltimore game that a pissed off Jerry is exactly what we need right now. The fake optimism and doubling down gets you nowhere.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
So it will be interesting to watch how Jerry screws the pooch again in hiring a DC. It’s almost guaranteed that it will not be the best qualified or accomplished people available. Jerry will get someone who’s biggest qualification is that Jerry is comfortable with them. His last DC hires have been marginal at best. When was the last time we had a decent DC ? Wade ?

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I bet we hire primarily a 4-3 coach and Gregory gets an extension in the offseason while A. Smith walks.
I think Jerry LOVES Gregory and was upset he did not play more. I think he wants to build around one area of this defense where we are ok - DE, primarily DLaw and Gregory, in a 4-3 scheme where they can get after the QB and not have to drop in coverage - at all.
A. Smith was close with Tom T. and really faded as the year went on.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You could see this coming a few days ago when Jerry danced around the question during his radio interview on whether Nolan would be back. That spoke volumes.

Exactly.......they never came close to give him a vote of confidence.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I bet we hire primarily a 4-3 coach and Gregory gets an extension in the offseason while A. Smith walks.
I think Jerry LOVES Gregory and was upset he did not play more. I think he wants to build around one area of this defense where we are ok - DE, primarily DLaw and Gregory, in a 4-3 scheme where they can get after the QB and not have to drop in coverage - at all.
A. Smith was close with Tom T. and really faded as the year went on.

I agree.....

nobody

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Motorola

Reaction score
He did the right thing. That was Mike’s only flaw of hires he had last offseason. Outside of not calling plays. Nolan was always the, “wth” head scratcher.
From when he was announced as the ninth Dallas Cowboys Head Coach one year and one day ago, many fans on this site thought Mike McCarthy was the "wth" head scratcher hire.