News: Cowboys DC Mike Nolan Fired

Bigdog

Reaction score
Sean Payton was given an enthusiastic goodbye by this fan base.

Yeah. It's like they live the same year over and over again and don't know it.
His play calling duties were taken away from him by Jim Fassel I believe when the NY Giants went to the SB and lost to the Ravens. He then got fired I believed after the season by the Giants.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Not defending him at all.

But dont yall get tired of blaming the coaches over and over?

At one point Zimmer wasnt wanted here also
I am tired of it, so hire the right guy and let him run the entire defense. Not that little boy stuff they did with Richard by keeping Rod trash *** on staff and giving him assistants he didnt want.

quickccc

Reaction score
Honestly I really would rather pass on Edwards he was part of that Defense last year and had input would not be thrilled
plus he was getting much much past his time with the Vikings so I hope they go outside the organization.

frankly I like Bradley and Quinn foremost because they were DC's with a SB contending teams,.. while Edwards was the more the X's and O's guy in Vike land
while Zimmer was really seen as the defensive engineer.

Edwards does have DC experience (per Buff, Wash) and he's coached in both 4-3 an 3-4 schemes, which MM likes the Hybrid look , but Edwards didn't fare well as DCs with those respective teams
in Buff/Wash, while Bradley and Quinn did brilliantly as DCs with Seattle.

And while some may think Pete Carroll was his own defensive engineer, Bradley took his DC act to Chargers, a totally different team and I believe twice his D unit finished in the top 10 overall Defense

Gaede

Reaction score
Amazing. Totally the right thing to do.

I'll hold my breath on the replacement though. Jerry's track record of defensive coaches is not good.

Hayseed

Reaction score
I wouldnt doubt its George Edwards. Then they bring over Andre Patterson from the Vikings to coach the D line. George is going to want someone he trusts helping him install the new defense. Give Patterson a tag of D line/ asst head coach so it isnt a lateral move. I could get on board with something like that real easy. Much smoother transition...

Andre Patterson

Motorola

Reaction score
Alright who are we hiring now for DC??

lg9dRDd.jpg

COWBOYS FANS: CELEBRATE THIS EVENING \ TONIGHT BY PUTTING TABASCO SAUCE ON YOUR NEXT MEAL OR SNACK
...AND DO NOT CUT CORNERS - USE THE AUTHENTIC MCILHENNY BRAND

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
If Mike Zimmer if fired from Vikings , he would be a good DC ( 4-3)

RS12

Reaction score
So who else is sitting around in McCarthy's barn?

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’m fine with them moving in another direction.

that being said. They can’t be using Nolan as a scapegoat for all the defenses woes.

the issues go much deeper than coaching. The scouting and drafting of defensive players has been subpar for years and years. Which has led to a lot of talent deficiency on that side of the ball.

They need to do a better job identifying and drafting defensive players then they have the last 10+ years.

blueblood70

Reaction score
to all those that say we like our guys and jones wouldn't fire a coach or let players go is once again a narrative that got busted,..hes paying a lot to get rid of 2-3 defense coaches in year one of their contracts, many said he wouldnt..bam!!