CFZ Cowboys Do Not Need Dak

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
They have won every game this season without him. No they do not need him currently.

Again, we don't want to get to the point of relying too much on the defense to always expect them to hold teams to under 20 points and one TD per game. And then get upset at them if they have an game off enough where they are giving up more TDs and the offense with Cooper Rush needs to be relied upon to produce more points and TD drives per game, than what they have done so far. Because of some believing that this is a sustainable way to keep winning football games, by putting all of the pressure on one side of the ball.

Slick

Reaction score
Lol....let's move the posts again, the playoffs has nothing to so with what they accomplished in the regular season. There were 15 other teams that played the same teams we did and they didn't do what we did. The team as a whole didn't play well , the defense was the offense, with a boat load of penalties.
You realize the regular season is only to get to post season and records are wiped back to zero.

That's when real teams play and win. Dallas looked pathetic.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Again, we don't want to get to the point of relying too much on the defense to always expect them to hold teams to under 20 points and one TD per game. And then get upset at them if they have an game off enough where they are giving up more TDs and the offense with Cooper Rush needs to be relied upon to produce more points and TD drives per game, than what they have done so far. Because of some believing that this is a sustainable way to keep winning football games, by putting all of the pressure on one side of the ball.

The offense has provided points or nice drives for field goals when needed at key junctures of each win (with Cooper Rush at QB). The defense did not shut out the Rams (but played well enough to not get more risky in the passing game. Watching Aaron Donald, I can understand the conservative plan.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The offense has provided points or nice drives for field goals when needed at key junctures of each win (with Cooper Rush at QB). The defense did not shut out the Rams (but played well enough to not get more risky in the passing game. Watching Aaron Donald, I can understand the conservative plan.

Right now you can claim that it's because of a conservative game plan. But until proven otherwise, we have yet to see Cooper Rush in the position of having to get into a shootout with the opposing QB and offense, have yet to see him in a game where the offense needs to put up 30+ points to win. Or have yet to see him in games where the Cowboys are down by double digits and this is all because of the defense, with the run game helping out.

The defense has gone 4 games by holding the opposing offense to one TD per game. This includes games with Stafford and Burrow as the QB, both who prove that they can light up the scoreboard at times. So the defense has contributed more to the 4 game win streak than Rush has.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Right now you can claim that it's because of a conservative game plan. But until proven otherwise, we have yet to see Cooper Rush in the position of having to get into a shootout with the opposing QB and offense, have yet to see him in a game where the offense needs to put up 30+ points to win. Or have yet to see him in games where the Cowboys are down by double digits and this is all because of the defense, with the run game helping out.

The defense has gone 4 games by holding the opposing offense to one TD per game. This includes games with Stafford and Burrow as the QB, both who prove that they can light up the scoreboard at times. So the defense has contributed more to the 4 game win streak than Rush has.

No argument from me there. Dallas defense is the stronger unit. Rush is unknown in shootouts. It’s not like shootout wins are Dak’s forte or like that model is sustainable. Let’s hope Dallas keeps winning and that they do not need 25+ points to win.

Staubacher

Reaction score

So what? He's doing exactly what they need him to do.

If he squirted out a 3 turd like Dak in Game 1 we'd be 0-5

Beastsfromthenfceast

Reaction score
As much as I would not recommend a QB switch , I don't think Rush could win without our defense . What has he actually done ? The defense had a fumble recovery for a TD and a blocked punt . Also Pollard's 57 yard run plus Maher's clutch kicks . We need a QB who can score points consistently .

Blitzen

Reaction score
As much as I would not recommend a QB switch , I don't think Rush could win without our defense . What has he actually done ? The defense had a fumble recovery for a TD and a blocked punt . Also Pollard's 57 yard run plus Maher's clutch kicks . We need a QB who can score points consistently .

What more would Dak be doing in a game like this? Without the 2 critical drops Cooper ends at least 12/16 (75% completion percentage). Plus, a good chance at more points and yardage. They did not ask much from the QB yesterday-didn’t need to. How sweet it is!

Beastsfromthenfceast

Reaction score
When Dak comes back , I just hope it doesn't affect the defense's attitude thinking that now the offense can score more points so they can let up somewhat .

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I one hundred percent agree. A guy who was rusty as crap in the first game of the year will not be able to come in now with a surgically repaired thumb and be amazing. The grip is different, he hasn't played with the wide receivers and he will still be rusty after not playing for 4 games. I like Rush's pre-snap reads and adjustments and his choices in where to go with the ball.
Do you like the FACT that we rank 30th in the league in 3rd down conversions? Isn't that part of pre-snap reads? All a lot of what, you all of a sudden Rush lovers, are saying is bs. If Dak was putting up the same numbers, you'd be calling for his replacement. Again...Rush is benefitting from our defense. I love the fact that he HAS NOT lost games for us. That's the backups job. He's done his job...nothing more, nothing less.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Do you like the FACT that we rank 30th in the league in 3rd down conversions? Isn't that part of presnap read? All a lot of what, you all of a sudden Rush lovers, are saying is bs. If Dak was putting up the same numbers, you'd be calling for his replacement. Again...Rush is benefitting from our defense. I love that fact that he HAS NOT lost games for us. That's the backups job. He's done his job...nothing more, nothing less.

25th in redzone offense these guys love field goals now also...man a change in QB sure does change what they like out of an offense..Daks in "We need to score TD's in the redzone stop kicking field goals" Rush is in "WooHooo lets kick all the field goals, offense is humming"...its ridiculous to be honest

Staubacher

Reaction score
When Dak comes back , I just hope it doesn't affect the defense's attitude thinking that now the offense can score more points so they can let up somewhat .
Umm they saw Dak stink up the home stadium in Week 1. No one but deluded Dak stans thinks he's all that lol

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Rush has won 4 games in the NFL. I doubt your son's high school QB would even get up off the field after getting sacked once in the NFL.

Don't show your lack of intelligence with statements like that.
hey, sometimes you have to lower the ball for some posters so they unerstand.

by the same token, Rush has some of the best OL men, best RBs, best WRs, best defense, great special teams surronding him...not as much at the Jr. High level....soooo....

Trajan

Reaction score
I hope Moore keeps this offense when Dak returns, stay away from the shotgun, run the ball and avoid slinging it 50 times a game.

I think Moore has to play smarter with Rush then he does Dak, but he needs to stay smart when Dak returns.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
I think we know what Rush is by now. He's a bus driver who doesn't make many mistakes, but he won't win you many shoot outs either. Sooner or later we will need the passing offense to be more dynamic to keep winning and Rush doesn't seem the guy for that.
Neither is Dak

stinkface

Reaction score
We need both QBs. Dak can't stay healthy sadly. He just might turn out to be as injury prone as Romo was in his later years. A hobbled Dak is a bad Dak. Proof is in the pudding.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Let's remember how history tends at times to repeat itself. As I recall, the first of 5 super bowl championships by Staubach was won in 1972 with a measly 119 passing yards against dolphins. Yet again proving its not so much the big plus that you make, rather the mistakes you avoid making that often brings wins. And for the record, there are numerous other who've won big games and championships with such statistics. Granted the run game coupled with stretched clock management isn't as exciting as I'd like, if your looking for championships, we really need to focus on keeping mistakes at a minimum prior to focusing on the deep ball plays. Still don't believe we've seen the best of cooper and improvement comes with time and trust in his receivers and blockers, dak has been there and we know what we have under duress with him. Looking forward to see if rush can polish his play making abilities a tad more to incorporate a more balanced attack going forward myself.
what was average passing yards per game back then compared to today? 1972 or generally 70s, was less passing, more running and defensive rules were different. CBs could actually maul WRs and it was legal. now, touching them past 5 yards is considered a penalty. did anyone have a 400 passing yards back then? how many? it was considered a great great feat. today it happens too regularly. still a great feat, but not unheard of.

but 102 yards is not an acceptable output, if it happens regularly. that's considered a bad day today...if Dak had 102 yards, this board would have 123 threads on that stat alone.if Rodgers had a 102 yard day, he would be called over the hill, done. but when rush has 102 yard day, there is 10s of responses and excuses. lets just agree, that wasn't pretty passing day and lets not have another one.

I think cooper is what he is. a safe, drive the bus QB, who needs help to win and he can play within that system. This is as good as he gets. lets not forget in all his starts we never scored more than 25 points and that's with defenses help and we never gave up more than 17. he may be smart but he lacks arm strength and physical ability to be a top 15 QB in this league. now, there is something to be said about smarts, but that won't get you far in the playoffs when the level of play goes up a couple of notches and you need physical ability to make things happen.

now, that may come across as criticism. or negative, its not. its reality. I am content with that. I am happy to have him. I won't give him a lot of credit, but I give a lot of credit to the defense. they scored enough to be in a tie game yesterday. one field goal from offense would have won the game. and I give credit to coaches, they have done a fantastic job putting in game plans that lead to wins. I give credit to moore the OL and the RBs, despite some challenges they stick to it and make a play now and then. yesterday we rushed 30 times, vs. 16 passes. that's 65% run ratio.

and lets not forget, in preseason 99.95% of this board, wanted Rush gone and look for another back up QB. now, everyone is foaming at the mouth for Rush.