CFZ Cowboys Do Not Need Dak

Slick

Reaction score
Regardless it's a part of the season and you have to have success because , it's what get you to the playoff.

Did you realize that.
Not if they fail in post season games. They need to have momentum going into the post season which they generally have come up lacking many many years.

Aftershock

Reaction score
hey, sometimes you have to lower the ball for some posters so they unerstand.

by the same token, Rush has some of the best OL men, best RBs, best WRs, best defense, great special teams surronding him...not as much at the Jr. High level....soooo....
my point is we don't NEED to be passing 30 times a game for us to win. the defense can carry us far in the playoffs if we continue to stick to this gameplan, whether we have dak or not.

i assure you if moore forced rush to pass 30 times last afternoon he would've had 250+ yards but an INT or two, something Dak is no stranger to as well...

rush went 10/16 for 102 yards and a 63% comp rate. that means we are doing something right.

passing the ball too much tends to lend to more sacks and INTs and thus turnovers.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Are you seriously being that critical of Cooper for mediocre showing....against the super bowl champs in THEIR house?

How does Dak perform against Super Bowl Teams? I do remember a decent showing last year in Tampa....but on average?

Pointing out that he only throw for 106 yards and no TDs against the Rams and that the defense has been the reason for why the Cowboys are 4-1 is being "critical"? It's okay for some fans to try and give Cooper Rush all or most of the credit for the win against the Rams. Yet others aren't suppose to point out how much the defense actually aided in the Cowboys win streak. while the offense with Cooper Rush either had stalling drives or were settling for FGs for lengths at time during a game?

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Currently. The defense and special teams have been so good that the Cowboys are going very conservative with the game plan. Cooper is doing enough to keep the wins coming. Would have been 12/16 without the drops and possibly a lot more points. He has delivered some critical throws throughout this run. He was not bad or pathetic-the team did not ask him to pass much. Rush is still unproven though.

When Dak gets his job back, he will not have the luxury of blaming the coaches or defense or offensive line or receivers. Obviously, the team can perform just fine with the current team assets. Just win in the big games and especially January/February. That’s how you earn the respect so many fans here want others to bestow on the QB.

Things I did notice that affected the offense. Aaron Donald is really good (sorry Tyler Smith). Tony pollard is a fantastic runner, but a liability in blitz pickups. The team made some penalties that killed drives. The Cowboys did not want to risk a turnover to the point of not calling longer developing pass plays. Tried to kill the clock by running it later in the game. Will see what happens with Philly-hope Rush gets another start for more data and more of a feel for how he responds to even more pressure.
What the Cowboys do not need is any QB throwing the ball 30-50 times per game. Romo was not a franchise QB, Dak is not a franchise QB and Cooper Rush certainly is not a franchise QB.

Unless Dan Marino, Patrick Mahomes, John Elway, Peyton Manning, Roger Staubach, or a QB of that caliber is behind your center's butt, do not try to throw to win. It has not worked in the history of the Dallas Cowboys. Cowboys are about defense winning championships (Doomsday), running the ball to win games (Calvin Hill/Duane Thomas, Tony Dorsett, Emmitt Smith), and passing to score (Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman). Passing to score does not always mean passing TD but includes getting in position to run the ball in the endzone that is why Emmitt Smith and Tony Dorsett have such high TD numbers in the history of the NFL.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I suppose you can call the past 2 Super Bowl winners trash. And the 4-1 Giants who just had an impressive win vs Green Bay. Lol
they dont get it lol , all the other teams are trash to them, and dak is the # 1 qb in the world, now that they havent seen him in 4 weeks lol.
I hope they put dak in next game, see if he can beat the new philly.
I bet jones boys are afraid to do that, and they will make rush play the eagles in philly.
Then dak gets detroit and chi at home, 2 easy games.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
NO it's not happening, just Dak critics and haters wishful thinking.
Somebody’s got a case of “The Monday’s”…
4M62LQDMP2RZVUGXBCN7WP4KCQ.jpg

Blitzen

Reaction score

If only those stats were consistent. Like I said, when he can consistently hold to those numbers against actual contenders then they mean something-especially in the postseason. Otherwise, winning games in the regular season by 30 points and putting up tons of yardage will ring hollow. Too bad so sad. You get respect (at least from me) by doing it against the best, and repeatedly. Keep buying promo materials-they mean nothing once the real season begins in January/February. I’m not sold on Rush which makes this all the more funny. I’m just not buying Dak until he proves different-he will definitely get his shot though.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
why does that matter? what does money have to do with it? you seem to want to digress into a contract discussion, when its irrelevant at this point.

and what's your alternate solution? Rush? really.!!?? you think he is the answer and he is going to get championship for this team....you were ready to cut him in preseason, now you are in love, going gaga.

you just hate Dak, so anything said about anybody else is turned into I hate Dak discussion. have at it. enjoy. hate away.

Everything to you is irrelevent, especially when you don't have any answers to the questions you are asked. I wonder why that is?

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Currently. The defense and special teams have been so good that the Cowboys are going very conservative with the game plan. Cooper is doing enough to keep the wins coming. Would have been 12/16 without the drops and possibly a lot more points. He has delivered some critical throws throughout this run. He was not bad or pathetic-the team did not ask him to pass much. Rush is still unproven though.

When Dak gets his job back, he will not have the luxury of blaming the coaches or defense or offensive line or receivers. Obviously, the team can perform just fine with the current team assets. Just win in the big games and especially January/February. That’s how you earn the respect so many fans here want others to bestow on the QB.

Things I did notice that affected the offense. Aaron Donald is really good (sorry Tyler Smith). Tony pollard is a fantastic runner, but a liability in blitz pickups. The team made some penalties that killed drives. The Cowboys did not want to risk a turnover to the point of not calling longer developing pass plays. Tried to kill the clock by running it later in the game. Will see what happens with Philly-hope Rush gets another start for more data and more of a feel for how he responds to even more pressure.
The dude he 76 passing yards. You think that going to win the games when you need to score some points.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Man all this time I didn't know a good defense makes the fans crazy for the QB no matter how they play...Crazy me i would like to keep the good defense AND score..we have the 26th ranked offense in the league during a scoring drought.."The whole league is scoring less" yeah i know and we suck compared to that right now...

Dre11

Reaction score
Not if they fail in post season games. They need to have momentum going into the post season which they generally have come up lacking many many years.

You still have to have to have success in regular season to make the post season, what don't you understand about that

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe against the trash teams like you said. Scoring against actual contenders, nope. Which is why they do not need him to win these games. You basically made the point it is easy to win in the NFL against terrible teams. I would tend to agree it is easier when the squad is overall better.

Which is why the playoffs are the ultimate measuring stick. If Dak is going to change my mind about how much the Cowboys need him, he must perform excellently in the postseason to win close games.
Dak averaged far more than one touchdown against playoff teams last year I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Dre11

Reaction score
If only those stats were consistent. Like I said, when he can consistently hold to those numbers against actual contenders then they mean something-especially in the postseason. Otherwise, winning games in the regular season by 30 points and putting up tons of yardage will ring hollow. Too bad so sad. You get respect (at least from me) by doing it against the best, and repeatedly. Keep buying promo materials-they mean nothing once the real season begins in January/February. I’m not sold on Rush which makes this all the more funny. I’m just not buying Dak until he proves different-he will definitely get his shot though.

You play who's in front of you, if they only beat terrible teams UT win a suoerbowl, are you complaining? No, that's how dumb that sounds

Dre11

Reaction score

You think all those numbers been done against terrible teams? That's the dumbest narrative going...lol

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I'll just leave this here.

2021 Season: Dak Prescott vs Tom Brady - Common opponents (9 games)

Brady
249/368 | 68% completion | 2504 yards | 16 TDs | 6 Ints | 94.8 rating | 7 wins - 2 losses

DAK
214/305 | 70% completion | 2430 yards | 23 TDs | 5 Ints | 112.8 rating | 9 wins - 0 losses