CFZ Cowboys Do Not Need Dak

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
When did I say Dak would not or could not? If Dak starts producing great PPG via the offense versus top defenses and in the postseason (distributed well over 4 quarters) then he can justify that big contract. Otherwise, the only thing he adds to the squad that Rush is not currently producing is a much bigger cap hit.
He also adds far more than one touchdown a game as well.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
You said he didn’t win in December….now you’re talking about the competition he faced. They were good teams to face no doubt but still important divisional games.
I said no such thing all i did was give results from the end of the year including the 2 games in January

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Don't have to the last 9 will suffice quite nicely...we are 8-1 without him..and you don't seem to have an answer as to why that is..so you just try to deflect..are you sure your not Dak?
yeah, like I said I gave you a better one. lets just pick and choose what fits the narrative...

and all along those 8-1 record we have beaten one team with a winning record.... isn't that what you always talk about....

go ahead deflect away.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
yeah, like I said I gave you a better one. lets just pick and choose what fits the narrative...

and all along those 8-1 record we have beaten one team with a winning record.... isn't that what you always talk about....

go ahead deflect away.

Seems to me like you've gone and gotten your panties in a bunch...so ok here, In our last 17 games without Dak the team is 10-7...What exactly does Dak Prescott bring to the table that is worth 40m per season? That Rush can't bring for 1m?

Last edited:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
It depends on your goal. If you think you're going to win a championship with 100 yards passing and holding everyone to 10 points, good luck.

With the rise of the defense, QB has become one of the weaker links on the team. I'm not sure there's a championship-caliber QB on the roster.

Yes the defense has done a great job so far, but still I think it's a lot of pressure on them to expect to 17 games holding offenses to under 20 points and only one TD per game. So we still need more production from the offense and getting complacent thinking that the current offensive game play with Cooper Rush is going to win every game against the better teams, isn't ideal IMO.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Seems to me like you've gone and gotten your panties in a bunch...so ok here, In our last 17 games without Dak the team is 10-7...What exactly does Dak Prescott bring to the table that is worth 40m per season? That Rush can't bring for 1m?

sorry, Rush is what he is a type of player that needs to be carried. in his 5 wins as you so much like to point to , the defense has allowed 17 points or less. the team has never scored more than 25 points...all of the spells a backup QB.

the last two games the defense gave up 10 points. my son's Jr. High QB passed for 114 yards this past week. Rush couldn't even muster that.

but like I said, by all mean please tie your rope to his anchor.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
sorry, Rush is what he is a type of player that needs to be carried. in his 5 wins as you so much like to point to , the defense has allowed 17 points or less. the team has never scored more than 25 points...all of the spells a backup QB.

the last two games the defense gave up 10 points. my son's Jr. High QB passed for 114 yards this past week. Rush couldn't even muster that.

You say alot but you never seem to say much or answer the question that is asked of you. What makes Dak worth 40m per year if the team can go 10-7 in the last 17 games without him?

Blitzen

Reaction score
It's the NFL. We play who's in front of us just like every other team, no team gets dinged for who they play, there also were 15 other teams that played those same teams. How come they didn't do what we did against them?

Yeah, my point was PPG from offense consistency. I am not hot and bothered by beating Atlanta 44-3 (counts as one win) when the week prior the team with Dak could not score till 4 minutes remained in a game where they were losing by 30 at home (which is where the term garbage stats comes into play).

The team’s offense has already lost several starters from last year (apart from Dak). Trying to extrapolate the results from last year to this year is funny. I do not know what will happen with the offense when Dak returns against good competition-hopefully more wins.

JBond

Reaction score
The Cowboys need better than Rush and Dak.

Neither guy is the answer at QB.

Eventually we're going to need the offense to step up and I don't trust either guy to do it when it matters.

At least with Rush you have the unknown. We know what we have with Dak.
Knock it off. Payton Manning's/Patrick Mahomes do not grow on trees and you just pick one.

Landry_LVR

Reaction score
It's funny you are translating drops to points.

102 yard passing isn't going to get you a championship....
Let's remember how history tends at times to repeat itself. As I recall, the first of 5 super bowl championships by Staubach was won in 1972 with a measly 119 passing yards against dolphins. Yet again proving its not so much the big plus that you make, rather the mistakes you avoid making that often brings wins. And for the record, there are numerous other who've won big games and championships with such statistics. Granted the run game coupled with stretched clock management isn't as exciting as I'd like, if your looking for championships, we really need to focus on keeping mistakes at a minimum prior to focusing on the deep ball plays. Still don't believe we've seen the best of cooper and improvement comes with time and trust in his receivers and blockers, dak has been there and we know what we have under duress with him. Looking forward to see if rush can polish his play making abilities a tad more to incorporate a more balanced attack going forward myself.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
If want to be regular season warriors keep it the way it is. You’re not winning in the playoffs if your defense has to hold the opponent under 20 every game. It’s just not happening. Dak has to be healthy and playing for this team to win in the playoffs.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
"Cowboys Do Not Need Dak"

Internet is dumb.

It's the stupid Shock and Awe of the title. What he actually writes, well about the excuses, is pretty accurate. The difference is whether you think (which he obviously doesnt) whether Dak can fulfill the promise as we seem to have at last put a gameplan and a Defense in place to win.....a Dak at 100% in mind and body could well take us all the way.

Saying that there is that element of doubt....but he's got the chance to raise the Star, get out there and do it.

Blitzen

Reaction score
He also adds far more than one touchdown a game as well.

Maybe against the trash teams like you said. Scoring against actual contenders, nope. Which is why they do not need him to win these games. You basically made the point it is easy to win in the NFL against terrible teams. I would tend to agree it is easier when the squad is overall better.

Which is why the playoffs are the ultimate measuring stick. If Dak is going to change my mind about how much the Cowboys need him, he must perform excellently in the postseason to win close games.

Slick

Reaction score

Rush has won 4 games in the NFL. I doubt your son's high school QB would even get up off the field after getting sacked once in the NFL.

Don't show your lack of intelligence with statements like that.

Aftershock

Reaction score

Comparing middle school football to professional football.

Please stop. Thank you.