CFZ Cowboys Do Not Need Dak

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You say alot but you never seem to say much or answer the question that is asked of you. What makes Dak worth 40m per year if the team can go 10-7 in the last 17 games without him?
why does that matter? what does money have to do with it? you seem to want to digress into a contract discussion, when its irrelevant at this point.

and what's your alternate solution? Rush? really.!!?? you think he is the answer and he is going to get championship for this team....you were ready to cut him in preseason, now you are in love, going gaga.

you just hate Dak, so anything said about anybody else is turned into I hate Dak discussion. have at it. enjoy. hate away.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
why does that matter? what does money have to do with it? you seem to want to digress into a contract discussion, when its irrelevant at this point.

and what's your alternate solution? Rush? really.!!?? you think he is the answer and he is going to get championship for this team....you were ready to cut him in preseason, now you are in love, going gaga.

you just hate Dak, so anything said about anybody else is turned into I hate Dak discussion. have at it. enjoy. hate away.

It’s not irrelevant and Tak isn’t the answer. I don’t know if Rush is but he’s simply the better option and if he wins in PHIL, Dak’s is going to really begin to feel the heat and we can already see yesterday, that’s Dak is struggling mentally with what’s happening like a child.

How much does DAL recoup if they released Dak at the end of the year?
In cap space. I honesty don’t know.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
So what? He's doing exactly what they need him to do.

If he squirted out a 3 turd like Dak in Game 1 we'd be 0-5

If the defense doesn't hold the opposing offense to one TD per game or allows multiple TDs in any of those games. We would be 0-5 with Cooper Rush not being able to do enough to win those games. The defense is still the reason for why the Cowboys are 4-1. More so that Cooper Rush. You can say so what all you wish to, but Cooper Rush still has yet to be in a game where the offense and team needs him to do more than what he has been in doing in order to win it.

And if those 2 INTs don't get overturned in the Washington game, we wouldn't potentially even be 4-1 right now.

Staubacher

Reaction score
If the defense doesn't hold the opposing offense to one TD per game or allows multiple TDs in any of those games. We would be 0-5 with Cooper Rush not being able to do enough to win those games. The defense is still the reason for why the Cowboys are 4-1. More so that Cooper Rush. You can say so what all you wish to, but Cooper Rush still has yet to be in a game where the offense and team needs him to do more than what he has been in doing in order to win it.

And if those 2 INTs don't get overturned in the Washington game, we wouldn't potentially even be 4-1 right now.
He's led 2 game winning drives in his 5-0 record. The team is doing just fine with him thats all that matters.
But keep Dak stanning

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
It’s not irrelevant and Tak isn’t the answer. I don’t know if Rush is but he’s simply the better option and if he wins in PHIL, Dak’s is going to really begin to feel the heat and we can already see yesterday, that’s Dak is struggling mentally with what’s happening like a child.

No Dak will not feel the heat, if the win against Philly is because of the defense getting turnovers and scoring off of turnovers. And holding Hurts and the Eagles offense to 20 points or less. He won't feel the heat if this is another game which the Cowboys have to rely on Maher to get FGs, due to not punching the ball into the end zome enough with Cooper Rush. And he won't feel the heat if Pollard and/or Zeke is able to have a big run game against the Eagles.

Because no matter how some wish for it to happen, Cooper Rush isn't going to take Dak's job with the current way he is producing at QB and throwing for 100 yards and no TDs certainly isn't going to be enough for Cooper Rush to take any starting job in the NFL.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
He's led 2 game winning drives in his 5-0 record. The team is doing just fine with him thats all that matters.
But keep Dak stanning

Game winning drives because of the defense holding teams to less than 20 points per game and one TD per game. But keep on anointing Cooper Rush as the sole and main reason for why the Cowboys are winning.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

why is it relevant? I heard that because of that we can't sign anybody and be competitive. we had 20M on the cap this year and chose not to spend it. and so far the team is competitive. Dak is clearly the better QB. all the dak hater posts aside. no one in the NFL will ever say Rush is a better player. give almost any QB in the league the opportunity to score more than 10 points and gauranteee a win and see what happens. so in all the rush (no pun intended) to pour hate on Dak people forget why we are winning is because of better game planning, commitment to run (yesterday was 30 runs vs. 16 passes), and a defense that has yet to give up 20 points. but yeah, its all rush, screw everybody else. right?

dallas cap hit will be 84M if released prior to june and 42M after june.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
As an Eagle fan I have no dog in the race, but at least 2-3 times this season the Cowboys will wind up in a track meet and have to put up points to stay in the game. Can they do that with Rush or is Dak the answer?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Currently. The defense and special teams have been so good that the Cowboys are going very conservative with the game plan. Cooper is doing enough to keep the wins coming. Would have been 12/16 without the drops and possibly a lot more points. He has delivered some critical throws throughout this run. He was not bad or pathetic-the team did not ask him to pass much. Rush is still unproven though.

When Dak gets his job back, he will not have the luxury of blaming the coaches or defense or offensive line or receivers. Obviously, the team can perform just fine with the current team assets. Just win in the big games and especially January/February. That’s how you earn the respect so many fans here want others to bestow on the QB.

Things I did notice that affected the offense. Aaron Donald is really good (sorry Tyler Smith). Tony pollard is a fantastic runner, but a liability in blitz pickups. The team made some penalties that killed drives. The Cowboys did not want to risk a turnover to the point of not calling longer developing pass plays. Tried to kill the clock by running it later in the game. Will see what happens with Philly-hope Rush gets another start for more data and more of a feel for how he responds to even more pressure.
Not sure how you get more pressure than playing SUper Bowl CHamps in their house.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
To win? If 4-0 record in his absence is any indication, then yes, they do not need him for that. It's a team game and Rush's bus driving management of the team while making key plays when called upon as the defense, running game, and special teams play their A or B game has show this to be true.

Can they be better with Dak? I guess, but it depends upon which Dak shows up. The team never offered the same opportunity to Romo in a similar situtation.

Dak has shown that he can beat up on bad teams, but play miserably against good teams with strong zone defenses. So it's really up to him, because if anything, Cooper has shown that there are no more excuses for him.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
No Dak will not feel the heat, if the win against Philly is because of the defense getting turnovers and scoring off of turnovers. And holding Hurts and the Eagles offense to 20 points or less. He won't feel the heat if this is another game which the Cowboys have to rely on Maher to get FGs, due to not punching the ball into the end zome enough with Cooper Rush. And he won't feel the heat if Pollard and/or Zeke is able to have a big run game against the Eagles.

Because no matter how some wish for it to happen, Cooper Rush isn't going to take Dak's job with the current way he is producing at QB and throwing for 100 yards and no TDs certainly isn't going to be enough for Cooper Rush to take any starting job in the NFL.

It’s already happening. Where have you been?
And now Tak is getting butthurt like the little child he is about it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
why is it relevant? I heard that because of that we can't sign anybody and be competitive. we had 20M on the cap this year and chose not to spend it. and so far the team is competitive. Dak is clearly the better QB. all the dak hater posts aside. no one in the NFL will ever say Rush is a better player. give almost any QB in the league the opportunity to score more than 10 points and gauranteee a win and see what happens. so in all the rush (no pun intended) to pour hate on Dak people forget why we are winning is because of better game planning, commitment to run (yesterday was 30 runs vs. 16 passes), and a defense that has yet to give up 20 points. but yeah, its all rush, screw everybody else. right?

dallas cap hit will be 84M if released prior to june and 42M after june.
So who's fault is it we haven't employed SOME of those things to Dak?

How come they can game plan an allegedly inferior QB to "play within his skills" but not Dak? According to your own statement.

I admit I MIGHT be reading into something you don't mean. I think you might feel Dak plays perfectly fine with his offense.

Dre11

Reaction score
Yeah, my point was PPG from offense consistency. I am not hot and bothered by beating Atlanta 44-3 (counts as one win) when the week prior the team with Dak could not score till 4 minutes remained in a game where they were losing by 30 at home (which is where the term garbage stats comes into play).

The team’s offense has already lost several starters from last year (apart from Dak). Trying to extrapolate the results from last year to this year is funny. I do not know what will happen with the offense when Dak returns against good competition-hopefully more wins.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Are you seriously being that critical of Cooper for mediocre showing....against the super bowl champs in THEIR house?

How does Dak perform against Super Bowl Teams? I do remember a decent showing last year in Tampa....but on average?

Dre11

Reaction score
You realize the regular season is only to get to post season and records are wiped back to zero.

That's when real teams play and win. Dallas looked pathetic.

Regardless it's a part of the season and you have to have success because , it's what get you to the playoff.

Did you realize that.

Slick

Reaction score

Contracts are incredibly important in a league based on a salary cap. I constantly bring up that fact.

Money to get free agents, not having tons of dead money, to sign draft picks etc..... That's the NFL off today.

To say it's not important is ridiculous. Every contract needs to provide value, and overall talent to the team.

How hard is that to understand?

morat1959

Reaction score

Another defense of brainless reply.