CFZ Cowboys Do Not Need Dak

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'll just leave this here.

2021 Season: Dak Prescott vs Tom Brady - Common opponents (9 games)

Brady
249/368 | 68% completion | 2504 yards | 16 TDs | 6 Ints | 94.8 rating | 7 wins - 2 losses

DAK
214/305 | 70% completion | 2430 yards | 23 TDs | 5 Ints | 112.8 rating | 9 wins - 0 losses

I mean we dont need scoring because we have Rush.....its sound logic.."The way Rush is playing is wining the game" ...It is because i thought the way the defense was playing is wining the game the offense is ranked 26th in the league.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If only those stats were consistent. Like I said, when he can consistently hold to those numbers against actual contenders then they mean something-especially in the postseason. Otherwise, winning games in the regular season by 30 points and putting up tons of yardage will ring hollow. Too bad so sad. You get respect (at least from me) by doing it against the best, and repeatedly. Keep buying promo materials-they mean nothing once the real season begins in January/February. I’m not sold on Rush which makes this all the more funny. I’m just not buying Dak until he proves different-he will definitely get his shot though.
We beat the two super bowl teams and a solid giants team.
Those are legitimate wins by a "nobody wants noodle arm" cooper haters.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean we dont need scoring because we have Rush.....its sound logic.."The way Rush is playing is wining the game" ...It is because i thought the way the defense was playing is wining the game the offense is ranked 26th in the league.
Both.
Coop isnt putting up gawdy stats.....but Make no mistake...the way he is playing is helping the defense.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll just leave this here.

2021 Season: Dak Prescott vs Tom Brady - Common opponents (9 games)

Brady
249/368 | 68% completion | 2504 yards | 16 TDs | 6 Ints | 94.8 rating | 7 wins - 2 losses

DAK
214/305 | 70% completion | 2430 yards | 23 TDs | 5 Ints | 112.8 rating | 9 wins - 0 losses
Suddenly.....its not a team game.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Currently. The defense and special teams have been so good that the Cowboys are going very conservative with the game plan. Cooper is doing enough to keep the wins coming. Would have been 12/16 without the drops and possibly a lot more points. He has delivered some critical throws throughout this run. He was not bad or pathetic-the team did not ask him to pass much. Rush is still unproven though.

When Dak gets his job back, he will not have the luxury of blaming the coaches or defense or offensive line or receivers. Obviously, the team can perform just fine with the current team assets. Just win in the big games and especially January/February. That’s how you earn the respect so many fans here want others to bestow on the QB.

Things I did notice that affected the offense. Aaron Donald is really good (sorry Tyler Smith). Tony pollard is a fantastic runner, but a liability in blitz pickups. The team made some penalties that killed drives. The Cowboys did not want to risk a turnover to the point of not calling longer developing pass plays. Tried to kill the clock by running it later in the game. Will see what happens with Philly-hope Rush gets another start for more data and more of a feel for how he responds to even more pressure.

This reasoning is just crazy. Cooper rush has be "Extremely" decent if you will, but if Dak can score just 1 more TD than we are scoring right now under Rush (and we are) then we are a top 3 team in the league..

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Both.
Coop isnt putting up gawdy stats.....but Make no mistake...the way he is playing is helping the defense.

Sorry Steve, i dont see it, The defense would be just fine if we scored TD's also. we are 23rd in points per play and 22nd in points per drive...thats not helping the defense...long scoring drives would help the defense but right now we are taking short fields and kicking field goals.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This reasoning is just crazy. Cooper rush has be "Extremely" decent if you will, but if Dak can score just 1 more TD than we are scoring right now under Rush (and we are) then we are a top 3 team in the league..

yup

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Everything to you is irrelevent, especially when you don't have any answers to the questions you are asked. I wonder why that is?
you are utterly confused person.

I did answer the question. it went right over your head. as they say, you missed the forest because of the trees.

and it sounds like there is a line of argument you had prepared to post and I am not giving you exactly what you want, so you keep trying..... sorry, to ruin your canned response.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
my point is we don't NEED to be passing 30 times a game for us to win. the defense can carry us far in the playoffs if we continue to stick to this gameplan, whether we have dak or not.

i assure you if moore forced rush to pass 30 times last afternoon he would've had 250+ yards but an INT or two, something Dak is no stranger to as well...

rush went 10/16 for 102 yards and a 63% comp rate. that means we are doing something right.

passing the ball too much tends to lend to more sacks and INTs and thus turnovers.
I don't disagree. I like to get back to running the ball, and to play action and attacking down field. and let defense close out games (which is something very new in dallas).

but I don't think we can win consistently with Rush. 102 yards gets you a game here and there. and this is not the Ravens defense. we held two opponents to 10 points, but both flawed. we are not going to see flawed teams like that (both had really bad OLs). we have to be able to attack down field and score more than 13 points...

and the last thing you want is to have rush throw 30+ times a game. that's not his strength, nor ability. it was evident yesterday in a few of the throws and how long it took for it to get there. plus he has gotten lucky and luck only gets you so far. he threw two interceptions in Washington game that got called back because of penalties.

we are doing something right. making rush the bus driver. running the ball. playing defense. taking advantage of what the schedule put in front of us. coaches have actually been making good game plans, not putting the game in Rush's hands and protecting him. but yeah, screw the rest, but hey rush rush rush...because we hate Dak and praising rush is sticking it to Dak...right?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Contracts are incredibly important in a league based on a salary cap. I constantly bring up that fact.

Money to get free agents, not having tons of dead money, to sign draft picks etc..... That's the NFL off today.

To say it's not important is ridiculous. Every contract needs to provide value, and overall talent to the team.

How hard is that to understand?
yeah, until the rams just threw all of that to the side and traded draft picks and won a superbowl.

we had 20M on the cap this year and chose not add anybody.

salary cap's are manipulated all the time, money pushed into future, contracts extended to create cap space in the time and window you think you have an opportunity to win. every team does it.

how hard was that to understand? who could we have signed and didn't given we had 20M on the cap and could have created another 10 easily.

come on now

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So who's fault is it we haven't employed SOME of those things to Dak?

How come they can game plan an allegedly inferior QB to "play within his skills" but not Dak? According to your own statement.

I admit I MIGHT be reading into something you don't mean. I think you might feel Dak plays perfectly fine with his offense.
take a look at the commitment to run vs pass. that's what we should have done all along. we ran the ball 30 times yesterday, although zeke was averaging 3.5 ypc....MM said it himself that they need to committ to the run during off season and last year they didn't do that enough.

and you assume that Dak would have lost the past three games. given 10,10 and 16, not sure how difficult that would be. lets not forget offense scord 13 points yesterday and defense/special teams if not for a missed field goal, matched the rams scoring. offense is averaging 20 points a game in the past 4 games. how many more games you think we can win averaging 20 points?

the defense is the key to our wins. we have given up 17 points at most in the 4 wins. how many other QBs could win with that kind of output?

Philly game will be a good measure of Rush's ability to lead an offense.

I do think Dak is better than Rush.... 99.999% of the football world agrees, except for a few Dak detractors on this forum. and its blind hatred that drives their motivation.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Sorry Steve, i dont see it, The defense would be just fine if we scored TD's also. we are 23rd in points per play and 22nd in points per drive...thats not helping the defense...long scoring drives would help the defense but right now we are taking short fields and kicking field goals.

All these references to "negative" overall stats after 5 games seems to be missing the point that 20% of the numbers belong to Dak's awful performance week 1.

Someone posted they're not getting in the red zone. Well, they have every game except week 1 with Dak. That's 11 drives with a goose egg for red zone trips. Finished the game with 3 points. How does that affect, "points per drive," when representing 20% of the drives?

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Currently. The defense and special teams have been so good that the Cowboys are going very conservative with the game plan. Cooper is doing enough to keep the wins coming. Would have been 12/16 without the drops and possibly a lot more points. He has delivered some critical throws throughout this run. He was not bad or pathetic-the team did not ask him to pass much. Rush is still unproven though.

When Dak gets his job back, he will not have the luxury of blaming the coaches or defense or offensive line or receivers. Obviously, the team can perform just fine with the current team assets. Just win in the big games and especially January/February. That’s how you earn the respect so many fans here want others to bestow on the QB.

Things I did notice that affected the offense. Aaron Donald is really good (sorry Tyler Smith). Tony pollard is a fantastic runner, but a liability in blitz pickups. The team made some penalties that killed drives. The Cowboys did not want to risk a turnover to the point of not calling longer developing pass plays. Tried to kill the clock by running it later in the game. Will see what happens with Philly-hope Rush gets another start for more data and more of a feel for how he responds to even more pressure.

Without the drops he gets up to 130ish yards. That is absolute garbage. Add Dak back into the mix with the same run first conservative game plan and our point output will probably increase anywhere from 5-7 points. If our defense keeps playing like this that could be enough to make a run.

We need Dak back for this team to be a legit threat.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Without the drops he gets up to 130ish yards. That is absolute garbage. Add Dak back into the mix with the same run first conservative game plan and our point output will probably increase anywhere from 5-7 points. If our defense keeps playing like this that could be enough to make a run.

We need Dak back for this team to be a legit threat.

What would you expect Dak to get with the same number of completions/attempts?

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
This isnt last years offense though

We got worse at receiver and the OL isnt as good. Yall have to stop living in fantasy land.

in week 1 when dak did play, it was “the receivers suck!” “The OL sucks!” “kellen moore sucks!”

Now with the same team, we are supposed to believe Dak wins these games in a blow out? LOL

You guys are basing this crap on the first game. Where was Gallup? Is this the same team that faced the Bucs? With Dak this offence will be a lot better. Watch and learn going forward. Dak needs to start.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
You guys are basing this crap on the first game. Where was Gallup? Is this the same team that faced the Bucs? With Dak this offence will be a lot better. Watch and learn going forward. Dak needs to start.
So Gallup was the missing piece and an excuse for Dak looking like absolute trash??

Marcus Friggin Mariotta looked better vs the Bucs defense than the $40m a yr man did.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the two superbowl teams that are 2-3 and struggling...oookkk then
Yes...and? It doesn;t change the fact.

I get teams can change year to year. I get some teams start slow.

It still doesn't change what we did.

And part of their 'struggle"...is we actually BEAT them. See? You are downplaying the results...why? You should think about it for second.