CFZ Cowboys Do Not Need Dak

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That’s the thing I watch other teams play. Y’all told me Aaron Rodgers makes guys better but loses the best receiver in the league now looks like a shell of himself. But I need to watch other teams play? Like I said you have been sold a myth. We need to dispel these myths and lies.

Rodgers is like 38 or something lol.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Just some things to think about.
How did he play game 1? so now with a surgically repaired thumb that controls the grip of the ball is going to play better.
How is that one-game rust going to compare to 4 game rust?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Well my only answer to you regarding the bolded part is look at the 2 game winning drives during this 4-0 run..what more can you as for from your QB than to go win the game when the game is on the line..and i'm not even counting the Vikings game last year when he did it too!!

I am taking nothing away from Rush. Nothing. He has been clutch as you pointed out. But I am saying the book on him is being written and you can see defenses zeroing in on his limitations.

The longer he plays, the more exposed he will be, and the results will continue diminishing.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Just some things to think about.
How did he play game 1? so now with a surgically repaired thumb that controls the grip of the ball is going to play better.
How is that one-game rust going to compare to 4 game rust?

Dak has always had a fumbling problem...now opposing D's are going to do nothing but slap at his hand during the games

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I am taking nothing away from Rush. Nothing. He has been clutch as you pointed out. But I am saying the book on him is being written and you can see defenses zeroing in on his limitations.

The longer he plays, the more exposed he will be, and the results will continue diminishing.
I know your not taking anything away from him, i'm just pointing out what he has been doing and how well he has been doing it! And believe me there is a book on Dak too..that is 6-7 years old now

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
Well my only answer to you regarding the bolded part is look at the 2 game winning drives during this 4-0 run..what more can you ask for from your QB than to go win the game when the game is on the line..and i'm not even counting the Vikings game last year when he did it too!!

it's not just about game winning drives it's about converting on third down and giving the defense a rest. Injuries will decimate this defense if we can't sustain drives.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
LOL and your talking about the same QB who was 3rd on the depth chart behind Romo and Moore...3rd on the depth chart!, he couldn't beat out Moore. Dak has never won a starting QB job his entire career (even in college...go check it out) he got moved up only thru injuries to others. Oh and you never answered my question

Too funny...
Yeah, a rookie not a 5th year veteran who played for two teams and got cut 4 times with ton of tape on him...Marino started as a back up and got a job because of injury. Brady got the job because Bledsoe got hurt...I guess Bilicheck and shula don't know QBs...

Come on dude. For your own sake just stop it.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Too funny...
Yeah, a rookie not a 5th year veteran who played for two teams and got cut 4 times with ton of tape on him...Marino started as a back up and got a job because of injury. Brady got the job because Bledsie got hurt...

Come on dude. For your own sake just stop it.
And your talking about a backup QB who was cut..big deal they get cut all the time on every team

Blackrain

Reaction score
So what is he suppose to do against competition that he can beat? Players get fat off bad teams. Not sure why people think that’s exclusive to Dak.

I agree I want to see better play and use his legs as well. Consistency for sure.

I'm not against it at all I don't care if he pads his stats whatsoever you just asked for a couple teams so I gave them to you they're ones that come off the top of my head that people use as examples all the time.

But him padding his stats doesn't bother me at all he can beat the living snot out of the eagles with their starters backups I don't care who's in there

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We are on a 4 game winning streak without Dak…

What are we debating really? Lol

The only game we’ve lost is with Dak..

Dak in the playoffs is usually a no show.

Of course we don’t need Dak. Dak has brought this franchise almost nothing in his time here and he is easily replaceable.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Rush has helped the team score significant points. The team does not ask him to do more. They currently do not need Dak to win. He threw three great passes to the outside today. Two were dropped and one was completed with a great catch.

Every game is different situationally. This D is an absolute terror when we have a lead.

Rush was handed the lead after the defensive TD and blocked punt, and the running game did the heavy lifting to control the clock, and Pollard’s house call stole the momentum.

Basically, all he had to do was not turn it over, and Stafford was going to have to be superman to win behind the LAR patchwork line.

There will be games— starting next week— where this conservative gameplan will not work.

Blitzen

Reaction score
We are on a 4 game winning streak without Dak…

What are we debating really? Lol

The only game we’ve lost is with Dak..

Dak in the playoffs is usually a no show.

Of course we don’t need Dak. Dak has brought this franchise almost nothing in his time here and he is easily replaceable.

Apparently, there is some type of pot of gold rainbow thing when Dak takes the starting QB position again. Not only will the Cowboys keep winning, they will do it all in blowout fashion. Unless the offensive line, coaches, receivers suck again when he plays. At least that is what I have gathered.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
[QUOTE="CowboysFaninHouston, post: 12166287, member: 6090"]The QB your are foaming at the mouth for and going gaga[/QUOTE]

Is 5-0 as a starter with 3 game winning drives...!! should i go on?

Blitzen

Reaction score
Every game is different situationally. This D is an absolute terror when we have a lead.

Rush was handed the lead after the defensive TD and blocked punt, and the running game did the heavy lifting to control the clock, and Pollard’s house call stole the momentum.

Basically, all he had to do was not turn it over, and Stafford was going to have to be superman to win behind the LAR patchwork line.

There will be games— starting next week— where this conservative gameplan will not work.

We have not played that game yet. Gotta see how it goes.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Currently. The defense and special teams have been so good that the Cowboys are going very conservative with the game plan. Cooper is doing enough to keep the wins coming. Would have been 12/16 without the drops and possibly a lot more points. He has delivered some critical throws throughout this run. He was not bad or pathetic-the team did not ask him to pass much. Rush is still unproven though.

When Dak gets his job back, he will not have the luxury of blaming the coaches or defense or offensive line or receivers. Obviously, the team can perform just fine with the current team assets. Just win in the big games and especially January/February. That’s how you earn the respect so many fans here want others to bestow on the QB.

Things I did notice that affected the offense. Aaron Donald is really good (sorry Tyler Smith). Tony pollard is a fantastic runner, but a liability in blitz pickups. The team made some penalties that killed drives. The Cowboys did not want to risk a turnover to the point of not calling longer developing pass plays. Tried to kill the clock by running it later in the game. Will see what happens with Philly-hope Rush gets another start for more data and more of a feel for how he responds to even more pressure.
We do. I’m not a dak fan, but he makes the offense better right now. Now if rush improves, he can. Equal dak. He needs to get more deep passes.