CFZ Cowboys Do Not Need Dak

movaughn88

Reaction score
What is the main point? Dak has not played the past 4 games. The Cowboys won the 4 games. Rush has contributed to significant points to win the games. Dak was/is not currently needed to win.

I told you what the point is. You don't get it clearly. Must have the brain function of your avatar.

Significant points. LOL.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I mean I never can keep up with the definition of garbage time stats. So I thought garbage time stats was when the game is out of reach and you are padding your stats. But now it seems to be regulated to when you face bad teams. I guess it just depends on if the argument involves Dak.
Yeah with certain people if the argument involves Dak they will change the parameters to fit their agenda.

I'm not about any of that he played very well the beginning of last season I just want to see him get back to that level.
Because if he can play at that level with this defense I think there's a chance that we could go further into the playoffs.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Giants, Bengals and Rams were trash when we played them. Maybe they are better than they showed but in those games they sucked. And to be honest? Buccs weren’t very good either that game either.

LOL! They may or may not turn out to be great this season. But when the Cowboys played them-they were trash. Thank you, I needed that laugh. You are a straight clown.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
Yes they do. Rush isn't as good as Dak. It's really that simple.

If Dak had played the last 2 weeks, those games wouldn't have been close.

Lol based off what? His last 10 games performances?

So tired of you Dak supporters. The guy is mediocre. Im actually excited watching the cowboys again without his deer in the headlight looks. Going to suck when he comes back.

droopdog7

Reaction score
Lol based off what? His last 10 games performances?

So tired of you Dak supporters. The guy is mediocre. Im actually excited watching the cowboys again without his deer in the headlight looks. Going to suck when he comes back.
Dak led the #1 offense in the nfl last year, that's based on what. Rush leading a really bad offemse.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I told you what the point is. You don't get it clearly. Must have the brain function of your avatar.

Significant points. LOL.

Disprove what I have stated then. I’ll wait. The Cowboys did not need Dak to win these games. So currently, they do not need him. The defense/special teams scored zero points the previous games and they did not shut out the other team. Rush helped the team score significant points in the wins. Boohoo-Dak is better? Dak will definitely get the chance to beat the contenders unless he gets injured again. I actually am not arguing that Rush is better if you actually read my posts.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL! They may or may not turn out to be great this season. But when the Cowboys played them-they were trash. Thank you, I needed that laugh. You are a straight clown.

So you disagree with me and you call me a "Clown"? This is personal for you huh?:laugh:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Currently. The defense and special teams have been so good that the Cowboys are going very conservative with the game plan. Cooper is doing enough to keep the wins coming. Would have been 12/16 without the drops and possibly a lot more points. He has delivered some critical throws throughout this run. He was not bad or pathetic-the team did not ask him to pass much. Rush is still unproven though.

When Dak gets his job back, he will not have the luxury of blaming the coaches or defense or offensive line or receivers. Obviously, the team can perform just fine with the current team assets. Just win in the big games and especially January/February. That’s how you earn the respect so many fans here want others to bestow on the QB.

Things I did notice that affected the offense. Aaron Donald is really good (sorry Tyler Smith). Tony pollard is a fantastic runner, but a liability in blitz pickups. The team made some penalties that killed drives. The Cowboys did not want to risk a turnover to the point of not calling longer developing pass plays. Tried to kill the clock by running it later in the game. Will see what happens with Philly-hope Rush gets another start for more data and more of a feel for how he responds to even more pressure.

104 passing yards today means that yes we do need Dak.

Blitzen

Reaction score
So you disagree with me and you call me a "Clown"? This is personal for you huh?:laugh:

Calling both Super Bowl teams from earlier this year and a 4-1 Giants squad “trash” seems like this may be personal for you (since you are contorting it to “when they played the Cowboys”). I’m on record saying that I do not care if it is Rush, Dak, Stay Puft marshmallow man, etc starting at QB as long as there are consistent wins in January/February.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I think They need a game plan for DAk That fits his skill set better

BlueStar22

Reaction score
For those of you who say otherwise, have you considered the fact that the only offensive highlight from today's game is Pollard's TD? Don't use two dropped passes as excuse to say that is the reason.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Calling both Super Bowl teams from earlier this year and a 4-1 Giants squad “trash” seems like this may be personal for you (since you are contorting it to “when they played the Cowboys”). I’m on record saying that I do not care if it is Rush, Dak, Stay Puft marshmallow man, etc starting at QB as long as there are consistent wins in January/February.
Typically when people resort to name calling its "personal" or don't have the mental capacity to defend their stance.

I saw bad teams. I don't know what else to tell you. Eagles are a legit good team this year. Yeah they've gotten fat on some bad teams but they've performed well on both sides of the ball. Bengals have struggled offensively all year(mind you they were overrated to begin with), Commanders SUCK, Giants have sucked aside from today getting a big win against the Packers and Rams have been struggling all year. This Rams team is not the same one that won the SB. The offensive line is completely different and OBJ isn't there.

plasticman

Reaction score
The Cowboys need Dak.

The Cowboys are averaging 18.6 points a game so far this season. In the past 33 seasons only 6 of them had scored fewer points in their first 5 games of the season. None of them had a winning record. They included Campo seasons like 2001 and 2002. They include quarterback injury seasons.

The highest average points in the first five games is 34 points and that was 2021, last season.

The second highest scoring in the first five games of a season was 32.5 points and that was the season before last.

After five games last season the offense had 13 passing TD's and 5 rushing TD's. This season they have 4 [assign TD's and 3 rushing TD's, less than half.

Coming off two seasons where the Cowboys offenses were the most productive in the team's history, this season the offense is far less productive pointwise. These 2022 Cowboys are scoring less than half of the previous season's.first five games.

Mathematically speaking, Dak adds an average of 10.5 more points to the team's scoring total.

On the other hand, the Cowboys defense allows an average of 14.2 opponent points Only one Cowboys season was better and that was 1994, the third of four consecutive seasons in which the team went to the NFC championship game.

What did Cooper Rush and the offense end up having to do to win this game? We know the Rams only scored 10 points This means that the Cowboys had to score 11 points or more to win this game.......except that the defense spotted the offense the first 6 points with the fumble return and then set them up for an automatic field goal for them with the blocked kick.

So this gave the Cowboys offense the responsibility of scoring 2 points in order to win. As long as the defense continued to play at it's current level all Rush needed to continue was find a way to score another field goal without creating a turnover.

A Dak-led, offense is one of the most prolific scoring groups in NFL history. The expectation for Cooper Rush by the coaches is to not make mistakes that can lose the game. Cooper rush looks great against his expectations. Against Dak's expectations he wouldn't have survived the month.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I think They need a game plan for DAk That fits his skill set better

A conservative run first, under center play action plan worked for him in 2016. May want to go back to it. I believe that he checks to pass plays pretty often when he can tell that it will be 3-4 yards and a cloud of dust run play. Those runs lead to more favorable looks though.