CFZ Cowboys Do Not Need Dak

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I know your not taking anything away from him, i'm just pointing out what he has been doing and how well he has been doing it! And believe me there is a book on Dak too..that is 6-7 years old now

Fair enough. You think Rush is a better QB than Dak. I don’t.

I am happy for him and he has been an amazing backup. I hope he wins every time he steps on the field.

But— I think the fairytale with Rush is being extended by some fantastic defensive performances. Should the defense struggle, I think the Rush ride likely comes back to earth.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Fair enough. You think Rush is a better QB than Dak. I don’t.

I am happy for him and he has been an amazing backup. I hope he wins every time he steps on the field.

But— I think the fairytale with Rush is being extended by some fantastic defensive performances. Should the defense struggle, I think the Rush ride likely comes back to earth.
I think he manages the game better and reads the D's better which is why i think he is having the success he is having..plus he seems to handle the pressure of the position fairly well

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The team is 8-1 in their last 9 games without Dak...so i ask you how are we a better team with him as our QB? for 40m per season he's definatly not worth it if we can go 8-1 without him
Look at the competition.

And I find it funny, let's just look at the 9 games. Not before...because it skews your argument

And we gave up 10 points last two games. In 5 wins under rush we never gave up more than 17 points.

102 yards...my kids Jr high QB passed for 114 yards this past week.

But yeah go ahead and go all gaga

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
They need the Dak whose head is straight, and isn't afraid to throw the forward pass. I truly believe 95% of his strugles are mental, and until he fixes this we are eventually doomed no matter who is behind centre (yes re, I am a Canuck, lol) as our D can only carry us so far

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm not against it at all I don't care if he pads his stats whatsoever you just asked for a couple teams so I gave them to you they're ones that come off the top of my head that people use as examples all the time.

But him padding his stats doesn't bother me at all he can beat the living snot out of the eagles with their starters backups I don't care who's in there
I mean I never can keep up with the definition of garbage time stats. So I thought garbage time stats was when the game is out of reach and you are padding your stats. But now it seems to be regulated to when you face bad teams. I guess it just depends on if the argument involves Dak.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Look at the competition.

And I find it funny, let's just look at the 9 games. Not before...because it skews your argument

And we gave up 10 points last two games. In 5 wins under rush we never gave up more than 17 points.

102 yards...my kids Jr high QB passed for 114 yards this past week.

But yeah go ahead and go all gaga

Don't have to look at anything before because my post was ABOUT the last 9 games..nothing gets skewed, Dak is being paid 40m per season if we can go 8-1 without him then who needs him at that price. Except maybe you. Are you Dak?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I think he manages the game better and reads the D's better which is why i think he is having the success he is having..plus he seems to handle the pressure of the position fairly well

I like his toughness. I think he is more natural under center which truly helps the run game and play action.

But— his pocket awareness is a problem as he doesn’t sense pressure and holds the ball too long.

Reading the D? Ehhh… he is doing a decent job, but he got bailed out of two horrible decisions/INTs last week and you can tell Moore is really limiting his dropbacks and leaning on the running game — which is absolutely correct and he should continue to do so when Dak returns

movaughn88

Reaction score
Currently. The defense and special teams have been so good that the Cowboys are going very conservative with the game plan. Cooper is doing enough to keep the wins coming. Would have been 12/16 without the drops and possibly a lot more points. He has delivered some critical throws throughout this run. He was not bad or pathetic-the team did not ask him to pass much. Rush is still unproven though.

When Dak gets his job back, he will not have the luxury of blaming the coaches or defense or offensive line or receivers. Obviously, the team can perform just fine with the current team assets. Just win in the big games and especially January/February. That’s how you earn the respect so many fans here want others to bestow on the QB.

Things I did notice that affected the offense. Aaron Donald is really good (sorry Tyler Smith). Tony pollard is a fantastic runner, but a liability in blitz pickups. The team made some penalties that killed drives. The Cowboys did not want to risk a turnover to the point of not calling longer developing pass plays. Tried to kill the clock by running it later in the game. Will see what happens with Philly-hope Rush gets another start for more data and more of a feel for how he responds to even more pressure.

Its amazing how you can logic through some things but still not get the main point.

If you think Rush is a better QB than Dak, or you think the team is better with Rush than Dak, you must have a crippling agenda or have had a stroke and should seek medical help. Its really that simple.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I like his toughness. I think he is more natural under center which truly helps the run game and play action.

But— his pocket awareness is a problem as he doesn’t sense pressure and holds the ball too long.

Reading the D? Ehhh… he is doing a decent job, but he got bailed out of two horrible decisions/INTs last week and you can tell Moore is really limiting his dropbacks and leaning on the running game — which is absolutely correct and he should continue to do so when Dak returns
Time will tell remember it is still only his 5th start

Bing

Reaction score
Yes they do. Rush isn't as good as Dak. It's really that simple.

If Dak had played the last 2 weeks, those games wouldn't have been close.

First of all you have no clue how Dak would of performed in these last two games so there goes your respect right there Mr Fortune Teller.

As far as Rush being as good as Dak, God I hope not. You are trying to compare an undrafted QB with very limited game experience against a QB with years of game experience. There should be no comparison.

Rush is driving the bus just fine, that is all that is being asked of him and the way the defense is playing along with the way the offense is playing a ball control run game that is all that is needed from him.

mardwin

Reaction score
Yes they do. Rush isn't as good as Dak. It's really that simple.

If Dak had played the last 2 weeks, those games wouldn't have been close.

Do you honestly believe Dak was going to drop 30 on the Rams with the offensive line not protecting?

I can't wait for Dak is back in there to here your excuses why he's going to play by like he always does in big games.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Yes they do, Coopers offense is so dry it’s putting the entire pressure on the defense; we can’t expect to hold everyone under 20 points for the year.

It’s not realistic to think this is completely sustainable and we don’t need better play at the QB position

Blitzen

Reaction score
Its amazing how you can logic through some things but still not get the main point.

If you think Rush is a better QB than Dak, or you think the team is better with Rush than Dak, you must have a crippling agenda or have had a stroke and should seek medical help. Its really that simple.

What is the main point? Dak has not played the past 4 games. The Cowboys won the 4 games. Rush has contributed to significant points to win the games. Dak was/is not currently needed to win.